"Live from" the Majestic Princess November 7-27 with pre- and post- cruise adventures

jwattle

26 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

On our 2006 Australia trip, we stayed down in The Rocks area for a week pre-cruise. While police certainly had the area cleared of any drunk people by the next morning, we got used to seeing drunk seagulls stumbling about. 

We haven't noticed 🥴 drunk people much ... the animals, though..:classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

On our 2006 Australia trip, we stayed down in The Rocks area for a week pre-cruise. While police certainly had the area cleared of any drunk people by the next morning, we got used to seeing drunk seagulls stumbling about. 

This area is clean . Jo and I have been on several walkabouts, with only one sighting. The only shocking sight was visiting the other afternoon. It would seem so I've been told, that some of my rellies are descendants of camel wranglers . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@jwattle and @c-boy Bon voyage to you - today is your boarding day! I look forward to hearing all about your "ship" encounters and experiences. Here's to smooth sailings ahead for you. Enjoy the "suite" ride...and the concierge lounge and those wonderful breakfasts at Harmony AND The Catch! Aaahhh - great times await you! Can those smiles get any wider? I know exactly how you feel as you embark on this sailing. I also grin from ear to ear when I "run away to sea"! Thank you for taking us along.

Edited by CruzeQueen2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's boarding day! Before we start the pre- cruise shenanigans,  let's finish yesterday's recap: 

I forgot one of my wildlife pictures at the park fountain: 

20231106_103238.thumb.jpg.aa68ebf496516bd361081ed583379db4.jpg

for dinner we went to another restaurant at The Rocks that was recommended in The Rocks guide of things to do and places to eat,  etc. 

They've gotten so much right,  it was only fitting that they'd have a miss,  and when I say miss,  I. Do. Mean. Miss. Their website looks attractive and reels you in. 

The restaurant was Sgt. Lok on George Street. First clue: at 6pm we were the only ones there,  a couple of other parties arrived later. Our appetizer of scallops arrived, topped by watercress and seated on apparently a hash brown. The hashbrown and watercress were good; were fairly certain that the scallops were of,  as they were dodgy. 

Next up was the dry roasted duck. When ordering she asked if we'd like a vegetable,  either cauliflower or Brussel sprouts to accompany. We choose Brussel sprouts. When our meal came,  I watched a Brussel tumble to the floor; on his way out I watched the server literally kick it out in front to the hallway where he picked it up. Mmmmm! 😜 

The food: the cherries and tomatoes on the plate with the duck were ice cold; the duck was barely luke warm and dry; the Brussel sprouts were burnt,  but the "sauce" on them wasn't melted. 

Here are pics of the best parts of the meal:

20231106_175109.thumb.jpg.5b8a112578088c6d3f27f47fee834163.jpg

20231106_182123.thumb.jpg.e7b35a7570fb31ed85b00f9bff8b58b3.jpg

After dinner we jailed a can back to the Radisson for a nightcap and early bed,  because,  by golly,  it's time for cah-ruising!!! Buckle up friends,  we're going on a cruise!

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, jwattle said:

It's boarding day! Before we start the pre- cruise shenanigans,  let's finish yesterday's recap: 

I forgot one of my wildlife pictures at the park fountain: 

20231106_103238.thumb.jpg.aa68ebf496516bd361081ed583379db4.jpg

for dinner we went to another restaurant at The Rocks that was recommended in The Rocks guide of things to do and places to eat,  etc. 

They've gotten so much right,  it was only fitting that they'd have a miss,  and when I say miss,  I. Do. Mean. Miss. Their website looks attractive and reels you in. 

The restaurant was Sgt. Lok on George Street. First clue: at 6pm we were the only ones there,  a couple of other parties arrived later. Our appetizer of scallops arrived, topped by watercress and seated on apparently a hash brown. The hashbrown and watercress were good; were fairly certain that the scallops were of,  as they were dodgy. 

Next up was the dry roasted duck. When ordering she asked if we'd like a vegetable,  either cauliflower or Brussel sprouts to accompany. We choose Brussel sprouts. When our meal came,  I watched a Brussel tumble to the floor; on his way out I watched the server literally kick it out in front to the hallway where he picked it up. Mmmmm! 😜 

The food: the cherries and tomatoes on the plate with the duck were ice cold; the duck was barely luke warm and dry; the Brussel sprouts were burnt,  but the "sauce" on them wasn't melted. 

Here are pics of the best parts of the meal:

20231106_175109.thumb.jpg.5b8a112578088c6d3f27f47fee834163.jpg

20231106_182123.thumb.jpg.e7b35a7570fb31ed85b00f9bff8b58b3.jpg

After dinner we jailed a can back to the Radisson for a nightcap and early bed,  because,  by golly,  it's time for cah-ruising!!! Buckle up friends,  we're going on a cruise!

Well, at least the liquid part of your dinner looks delish! lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

If you have a chance can you please post a pic of your balcony set up?  And let me know if you have a chair or lounger that reclines so you can elevate your feet?  Thanks.

Absolutely ❤️ 

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying your chronicle so far and am excited to hear about your experience once you are on board.

One thing I'd like to know is whether there is a Crooner's on the Majestic--and if so, whether it's a smaller version of the one found on most Princess ships.  I've received conflicting answers to that question, but you will be the definitive authorities!

7 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

I'm really enjoying your chronicle so far and am excited to hear about your experience once you are on board.

One thing I'd like to know is whether there is a Crooner's on the Majestic--and if so, whether it's a smaller version of the one found on most Princess ships.  I've received conflicting answers to that question, but you will be the definitive authorities!

There isn't a Crooners, there is a Vines. 

• Like 1