long beach airport

alliecat1970

3 hours ago, alliecat1970 said:

I walk my luggage off.  I am platinum. can I make a 940 flight at long beach airport after cruise in long beach cruise port in April?

Than you Janet

Your cruiseline status is irrelevant.  What is relevant is your tolerance for gambling on an early flight. I'm sure it's been done, but I personally wouldn't.

Yikes, I would be a nervous wreck.  Not worth the worry for me.  I have booked a 1:40 pm flight out of Long Beach in December.  Yes, we will get to the airport way too early BUT I will be able to sleep the last night of the cruise not having to worry about docking time.  We always carry our luggage off so we pack the morning of debark because we are in no hurry.  Of course, we are out of the cabin by 8:30 am.  Last December we took our time on debark morning and still arrived at LGB early.  We were not so early that we could not check our luggage.  After we turned over our bags, we walked round the outside of the airport, sat outside and people watched.  Lucky for us, it was a sunny day.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alliecat1970 said:

I walk my luggage off.  I am platinum. can I make a 940 flight at long beach airport after cruise in long beach cruise port in April?

I often travel by myself with carry on luggage and will sometimes try some very, very tight connections (knowing that I won't always be successful) so I get where you're coming from there trying to get home early. 

What you're describing is physically possible-- Long Beach Airport is tiny so in airport delays with TSA are minimal and there is very little walking to gates. Also the distance between the cruise port and airport at that time of morning is short-- without traffic you're about 20 minutes door to door.

If you are pierside and in a car no later than 7:30 (and any earlier will only help you) you should be able to make it. But as the others said-- you are gambling. Any number of things that cause a delay will cause you to possibly miss the flight. Just have a backup plan. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, alliecat1970 said:

Than you Janet

Is possible, if the stars align, but not probable and nothing I'd ever schedule. Why end a lovely vacation/cruise in stress mode?