Crown Grill and Sides

Jayhoaps

Hello everyone, I will be sailing on my cruise in 5 days. Just have a question regarding celebrating birthday in the Crown Grill, just wondering if it's your birthday do the servers sing a birthday song or do they give a birthday cake? Any feedback or insight in what happens at Crown grill on your birthday would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Time.

Hello everyone, just wondering when you order your entree at Crown Grill are you allowed to order more then 1 side dish? For example can I order the mash potatoes, asparagus and mushrooms? Any insight in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Time. 

50 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

Hello everyone, just wondering when you order your entree at Crown Grill are you allowed to order more then 1 side dish? For example can I order the mash potatoes, asparagus and mushrooms? Any insight in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Time. 

Yes, and in fact if you have just one or two sides, I've had the waiters look at me and ask "is that all?" You could have every one of the sides if you wanted......but you've got to leave room for desert.

Edited by leck57

1 hour ago, avonlady6390 said:

When it comes to asparagus for some reason most restaurants serving of it is only about 4 of them don't know why including the restaurant I work in.

The real question is, if this was a “family style” side, how many stalks would they serve in an individual side order? 1 or 2?

We ended up flipping a coin to see who got the third stalk!😀

Edited by Cruisindad

6 hours ago, Jayhoaps said:

Hello everyone, I will be sailing on my cruise in 5 days. Just have a question regarding celebrating birthday in the Crown Grill, just wondering if it's your birthday do the servers sing a birthday song or do they give a birthday cake? Any feedback or insight in what happens at Crown grill on your birthday would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Time.

You do get a Princess cake. Chocolate with mousse and they do sing.  We went and they brought the cake, even though I said no cake and don’t sing.  They wrapped the cake and we took it to the cabin. 

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

No limit to sides and no charge. They will only sing if you ask them to. 

Depends…
They said, we are celebrating your anniversary and we will bring a cake and sing!  Sabatini’s…
This was the Sapphire last week.

The baked potato is not what I would call a steakhouse baked potato.  It is definitely not a shareable potato.  Best if each of you get your own.  Order a double serving of asparagus if you like asparagus.  This is a seasonal vegetable so don't be disappointed if it not the best you ever had.  You can order multiple sides if you wish.  The filet is the best cut, IMO.  Enjoy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Depends…
They said, we are celebrating your anniversary and we will bring a cake and sing!  Sabatini’s…
This was the Sapphire last week.

And zi would just say no thank you. 

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

We did and they said they had to give us a cake, even though we’d prefer the SD dessert. They didn’t sing though.  Such world problems. 😂

You can still have the SD dessert the cake can just sit there uneaten 

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Question, can you order a seafood dish along with a steak. 

For example, Lobster tail and a Ribeye steak?

Or is it you are limited to just a Seafood dish or just a Steak?

Thanks in advance. 

17 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

Thanks in advance. 

Yes steak and lobster available, a bit of an upcharge in Crown Grill speciality restaurant.

3 minutes ago, Cruisintimer said:

Yes steak and lobster available, a bit of an upcharge in Crown Grill speciality restaurant.

What about if I ordered the Grilled Jumbo Prawns With My Steak, would the prawns be complimentary or extra charge?

1 hour ago, Jayhoaps said:

Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot_20231102_061528_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jayhoaps said:

What about if I ordered the Grilled Jumbo Prawns With My Steak, would the prawns be complimentary or extra charge?

This may help. A man walked into a Pub (Bar), walked up to the counter and waited to be served. A voice said " Lovely shirt you have on there Sir" the man looked around and couldn't see anyone. The voice again spoke and said "Beautiful suit you have on Sir" again the man looked around and could see nobody. The barman then appeared and the man said "Someone keeps saying how well I'm dressed" The barman say's " Oh, that the nut's Sir, they are complimentary"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

This may help. A man walked into a Pub (Bar), walked up to the counter and waited to be served. A voice said " Lovely shirt you have on there Sir" the man looked around and couldn't see anyone. The voice again spoke and said "Beautiful suit you have on Sir" again the man looked around and could see nobody. The barman then appeared and the man said "Someone keeps saying how well I'm dressed" The barman say's " Oh, that the nut's Sir, they are complimentary"

Sir's nuts even

• Like 1