No Thank You Nachi Cocom — From a snake to terrible food and drinks

smellywax

It was $20 each way to Nachi Cocom via taxi and when combined with the entry price, it was NOT worth it! I thought the frozen drinks had no flavor and had more ice than anything. It takes one drink usually to hit me as I am a light weight, so I don’t mind weak drinks but they were both weak and flavorless. We tried several frozen and switched to Blue Hawaiian and pineapple Malibu but they too were lacking. Asked for sprite with crown apple but they don’t carry that. The food was also less than desirable. The ceviche was good but the nachos were chips with nuked dried up cheese on top and the fish they said was grouper was NOT grouper. It tasted like frozen tilapia and it was mushy. I liked that there was shade but the chairs were super uncomfortable and we got a visitor…a lovely snake that they laughed at and said was only looking for rats…well if they are looking for rats that means they find them and your kitchen must not be clean 🤢. I would not recommend. I wish I had saved the money and stayed on the ship or gone to a nice restaurant for lunch.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smellywax said:

It was $20 each way to Nachi Cocom via taxi and when combined with the entry price, it was NOT worth it! I thought the frozen drinks had no flavor and had more ice than anything. It takes one drink usually to hit me as I am a light weight, so I don’t mind weak drinks but they were both weak and flavorless. We tried several frozen and switched to Blue Hawaiian and pineapple Malibu but they too were lacking. Asked for sprite with crown apple but they don’t carry that. The food was also less than desirable. The ceviche was good but the nachos were chips with nuked dried up cheese on top and the fish they said was grouper was NOT grouper. It tasted like frozen tilapia and it was mushy. I liked that there was shade but the chairs were super uncomfortable and we got a visitor…a lovely snake that they laughed at and said was only looking for rats…well if they are looking for rats that means they find them and your kitchen must not be clean 🤢. I would not recommend. I wish I had saved the money and stayed on the ship or gone to a nice restaurant for lunch.

I am sorry you were disappointed.

The food and  drinks are typical AI beach club fare to me - adequate but not great. I am not sure what you were expecting? I am not a die hard cheer leader, or otherwise, for Nachi. I know some swear by it, and wont go anywhere else, but we just slot it into our rotation. it serves a need for a quieter (usually, but not guaranteed) location.

However there do seem to have  been several negative reviews recently so I would be interested to hear the opinion of some of the regulars - perhaps there is some truth to the rumor they have changed management?

As far as snakes - we have never seen one, but you are in the jungle by the mangroves so it wouldn’t surprise me. I have seen snakes in my yard. Whilst unusual you wouldn’t be the first person to see a sea water crocodile on the beach there, or any of the popular beach clubs in that area. I am not sure you can hold Nachi responsible the wildlife.

From other posts I presume you were on NCL? You were lucky to dock in town so maybe try one of the local restaurants next time for some local food?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

The food and  drinks are typical AI beach club fare to me - adequate but not great.

One thing of note here that makes a difference if you like to eat (as I do)... Nachi is not all you can eat anymore. You get a 4-course meal. Even if you don't eat a ton, it's nice to be able to order something else if you don't like one thing... just like when onboard a ship.

You also know I had a similar experience to the OP... and the frozen drinks were not adequate. I promise you I'm not picky nor am I normally a huge drinker but I do make use of my included drinks (on the ship or at an AI club)... and these were the most watery, icy frozen drinks I've ever tried. The margaritas fell into the adequate category for me, which I was fine with.

Edited by OCSC Mike

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

One thing of note here that makes a difference if you like to eat (as I do)... Nachi is not all you can eat anymore. You get a 4-course meal. Even if you don't eat a ton, it's nice to be able to order something else if you don't like one thing... just like when onboard a ship.

You also know I had a similar experience to the OP... and the frozen drinks were not adequate. I promise you I'm not picky nor am I normally a huge drinker but I do make use of my included drinks (on the ship or at an AI club)... and these were the most watery, icy frozen drinks I've ever tried. The margaritas fell into the adequate category for me, which I was fine with.

Nachi has never been truly “all-you-can” eat food - it has always been a 4 course meal, as clearly advertised on their website. I was referring more to the quality and type of food.

• Like 2

Even if it was all you can eat, our party ordered several different items and they were all gross except the ceviche. If they are going to serve weak drinks, at least make them taste good with other ingredients but ice and water seem to be their main ingredient. I usually do eat downtown in Cozumel but thought I would try something new as so many people seem to swear by these AI’s and it was a total bomb. The beach sand was full of rocks and dried up seaweed as well. Not my ideal of a beach.

17 minutes ago, smellywax said:

The beach sand was full of rocks and dried up seaweed as well. Not my ideal of a beach.

That is very unusual. You certainly hit a bad day. Was there a recent storm? LOL, there have been previous complaints the sand is too soft.

Where do you like downtown? There are certainly a lot of better food  choices if you don’t require a beach. Trying to help out with future suggestions.

Edited by c-leg5

I’m sorry that you had a bad experience. We were there two weeks ago and it was a good day. 

I do agree that the drinks were pretty week, but the beer was cold. The food tasted like I remembered (fajitas). 

No snakes on our trip. The water was very clear and the beach was clean. 

This was our 4th time there.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, smellywax said:

I like the live entertainment at the downtown Pancho’s Backyard but we also like Casa Mission.

OK, we have avoided those two in 20 years of visiting so can’t offer suggestions, although i know they are popular with some.

We have been to La Mission (affiliated) downtown but found it too touristy.

it is a good that there are plenty of options in Cozumel.

Hopefully you make a better choice next time. 

This review could have soooo many beach club names in it…☺️

You never want to have a bad experience, but especially when in a port for a short time and you’re committed to one club…
Yes luckily there are many options, some AI and some not…

On 11/5/2023 at 7:01 PM, c-leg5 said:

OK, we have avoided those two in 20 years of visiting so can’t offer suggestions, although i know they are popular with some.

We have been to La Mission (affiliated) downtown but found it too touristy.

it is a good that there are plenty of options in Cozumel.

Hopefully you make a better choice next time. 

Do you live there? I have been to Cozumel 20 plus times but never an AI so I thought I would try something different and I’m letting people know it isn’t worth bothering with in my opinion. I have done everything from the tourist restaurants to the taxi drivers favorite place to eat. So I am not sure what you are wanting. 

7 hours ago, smellywax said:

Do you live there? I have been to Cozumel 20 plus times but never an AI so I thought I would try something different and I’m letting people know it isn’t worth bothering with in my opinion. I have done everything from the tourist restaurants to the taxi drivers favorite place to eat. So I am not sure what you are wanting. 

20+ cruises to Coz! That’s a lot!

It is very unfortunate that you were this unhappy, but I think based on the many recent reviews and feedback here you just had an unfortunate day…You shared your disappointment, and that is all that needs to be said on this point…

When we cruised to Coz 20+ years ago, and we’ve ventured to Coz from our home outside Playa Del Carmen more recently, we relied on info from frequent visitors and residents, including c-leg5, and folks on the TA Coz forum. We have two current favorite spots on the island, one when several mega-ships are in port, possibly (Buccanos), or Rasta Bar (no beach), and one when no ships are in (Playa Palancar). Of course everyone’s experience can be different at these places depending…

• Thanks 1

The more I've traveled, the more I've realized that "AIs" are just tourist traps. People are so overly obsessed with food and drink in a "single" price that nothing else matters. Not only is the quality usually crap or sub par at best, but when you add it up (especially as a couple or whatnot), you often still overpaid.

Especially in Mexico. When I go there, I want the hole in the wall taco place. Delicious and cheap. You can also walk into a pharmacy or oxxo and grab a tall beer can for about $1. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

The more I've traveled, the more I've realized that "AIs" are just tourist traps. People are so overly obsessed with food and drink in a "single" price that nothing else matters. Not only is the quality usually crap or sub par at best, but when you add it up (especially as a couple or whatnot), you often still overpaid.

Especially in Mexico. When I go there, I want the hole in the wall taco place. Delicious and cheap. You can also walk into a pharmacy or oxxo and grab a tall beer can for about $1. 

I agree to a point, but not many pharmacies or oxxo’s have a pool or a beach. It depends what your objectives  are for the day. That’s why we ring the changes and have done them all - AI, small local bars with beach (preferably with pool), convenience stores, hole in the wall restaurants and food carts. We would also rather bar hop 2-3 locations than fixate on food and drink at one place. You are correct, we never pay as much individually as a day at an AI.

Some people want the convenience of staying at one place, paying one price and not having to deal with individual transactions. They all have a place depending in your mood. The highlight of my day, whilst off a cruise ship, would not be a $1 beer at Oxxo, that’s not to say we haven’t done it and would probably pick up water while we were there.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Most important thing about Nachi Cocum to DW and I, isn't the AI feature, but the limit of people each day at a facility with a nice pool, clean restrooms, hot tub and a friendly, helpful staff.

It is much more important these days with all the smaller ships getting replaced by megaships since our early days at Nachi. (big difference between 8-9 megaships each day with 5-6,000 pax versus 10-15 years ago with 8-9 ships in port, with 2-3,000 pax)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3RB4mqFUr_Y4kitNxldK

Paradise Beach looks to have equally nice infrastructure, but no limit to admissions and the spacing of the loungers throughout the facility looks much tighter and less comfortable than Nachi.

Now I've always gotten Fajitas at Nachi on every one of our many visits there and have found it delicious each time and most times never make it to the desert. (I think only once)

DW and I are not drinkers, so as to whether or not the drinks are watered down we couldn't speak to it. We take our opportunity at Nachi each year to buddy up with the pool bartender and try a wide variety of drinks we have never had before.

That is the beauty of Cozumel, is the extreme variety of beach/pool days that can be had there.

If getting drunk is your top priority, then another spot would probably be better. If loud music playing all day is a priority, then another club would be a better spot. If alot of waterslides, watertoys and kiddie pools are important, then another place would be the choice.

I'm sorry smellywax had a bad time at Nachi, but on the good side, their review will steer some fence sitters away from a day at Nachi towards another beach day they might enjoy more and leave some people who will actually appreciate Nachi for what it does offer. a better chance at getting one of the 135 spots. (be there two weeks from today and I can't wait)

Hopefully smart people reading the review will be able to realize Nachi, Mr.Sanchos, Playa Mia and Paradise Beach are all along the same stretch of beach and jungle, thus a snake at one would be a snake at any of the other facilities. (don't think you can animal proof any facility bordering a jungle)

Edited by bguppies
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

(don't think you can animal proof any facility bordering a jungle)”

Absolutely not!

Just an aside, we built a home in a new community north of Playa Del Carmen 8 years ago along with many neighbors. The natural habitat of the many species there was taken to make room for us, and of course the animals, reptiles, birds and critters had to learn to coexist with us humans.

Over the years I assume many of these have receded back into the remaining jungle. But my point is the jungle is still all around us as are its natural inhabitants, including monkeys, coati, jaguars, snakes, bats, and of course termites. One long-time resident found living very close to our back patio early on was a giant yellow and black boa constrictor! It was so large it had to be removed with a bulldozer. 

But even though these “critters” lived here before we showed up, I’m sorry the OP had that added to their already unpleasant experience…Next time hopefully a better day!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 11:01 PM, c-leg5 said:

I am sorry you were disappointed.

The food and  drinks are typical AI beach club fare to me - adequate but not great. I am not sure what you were expecting? I am not a die hard cheer leader, or otherwise, for Nachi. I know some swear by it, and wont go anywhere else, but we just slot it into our rotation. it serves a need for a quieter (usually, but not guaranteed) location.

However there do seem to have  been several negative reviews recently so I would be interested to hear the opinion of some of the regulars - perhaps there is some truth to the rumor they have changed management?

As far as snakes - we have never seen one, but you are in the jungle by the mangroves so it wouldn’t surprise me. I have seen snakes in my yard. Whilst unusual you wouldn’t be the first person to see a sea water crocodile on the beach there, or any of the popular beach clubs in that area. I am not sure you can hold Nachi responsible the wildlife.

From other posts I presume you were on NCL? You were lucky to dock in town so maybe try one of the local restaurants next time for some local food?

@c-leg5 Was chatting with you a couple days back re: Brady's Cay in Roatan. Was wondering if you had any suggestions for a Cozumel visit for my family (myself, hubby, and 2 kiddos ages 11 & 13). Looking for a day with the beach and water. We are in port 9-5pm with 6 other ships in port that day. 

As previously mentioned, I LOVE a good beach and that is where I am happiest. AI food and drink is nice with kids, but not a must. I'm currently looking at Nachi for our visit in Feb '24, but what equates to a $340CAN day (inc. transportation/taxi) for our family of 4 is making me research all of our options. We have been to Mr. Sanchos as a couple and did enjoy, but maybe looking for a little lower key. Paradise Beach was also on my list of possibilities, but hubby likes the idea of 130p cap. at Nachi. Also looked at Palancar Beach as a PAYG option. We all love a nice beach, great water to swim, kids would also enjoy some snorkelling opportunities (we have our own gear), I'm also a foodie and love authentic/hole in the wall establishments. Is there anything you can recommend that I may not have stumbled upon? Thank you!

Edited by dmori

Until c-leg5 responds, with your later arrival time, assuming other ships will be ahead of you, I can suggest only one spot with beach and sea, Buccanos if they are still accepting day visitors. All of the other popular beach clubs will be quite busy, or is that not a problem for you? If not I’m sure c or someone can share their favorite…

Playa Palancar was “our spot” 20+ years ago, but on your port day even that beach furthest south will be full…Just a very busy port for a beach unless you don’t mind a busier vibe…

[EDIT ] If a nice water view would suffice, we like the Rasta Bar (was Bob Marley Bar) on the south end. Stare at the water and enjoy cold drinks. A bit of a taxi ride though…

Edited by blue_water

6 hours ago, dmori said:

@c-leg5 Was chatting with you a couple days back re: Brady's Cay in Roatan. Was wondering if you had any suggestions for a Cozumel visit for my family (myself, hubby, and 2 kiddos ages 11 & 13). Looking for a day with the beach and water. We are in port 9-5pm with 6 other ships in port that day. 

As previously mentioned, I LOVE a good beach and that is where I am happiest. AI food and drink is nice with kids, but not a must. I'm currently looking at Nachi for our visit in Feb '24, but what equates to a $340CAN day (inc. transportation/taxi) for our family of 4 is making me research all of our options. We have been to Mr. Sanchos as a couple and did enjoy, but maybe looking for a little lower key. Paradise Beach was also on my list of possibilities, but hubby likes the idea of 130p cap. at Nachi. Also looked at Palancar Beach as a PAYG option. We all love a nice beach, great water to swim, kids would also enjoy some snorkelling opportunities (we have our own gear), I'm also a foodie and love authentic/hole in the wall establishments. Is there anything you can recommend that I may not have stumbled upon? Thank you!

Keep in mind Cozumel regularly supports up to 8 ships, obviously size of ships is important to port load. Also demographics of each cruise line.

If you are looking fundamentally for good quiet beach Nachi is probably one of your better options if your kids will be content with just a pool as alternative to ocean. Snorkeling will really only be by boat excursion from beach (extra).

Next door, you can get a day pass to Allegro with a few more amenities. We went several years as it is also good for toddlers and young kids. There is a recent good reviews on here from a  family with older teens. 

Paradise Beach is an excellent clean facility with pricing similar to Nachi, if you have to do AI (which you probably would have to with that many ships in port) It is extra for the water inflatables if your kids would enjoy that. We normally steer clear of Paradise, unless it is a Sunday, but only because we are an older couple, i would recommend for tweens and teens. It will likely be busy but it is a large complex and with children of your ages it is one I would highly consider. Limited snorkeling from beach around the pier and excellent pool.

Like @blue_water suggests, Bucannos is another excellent choice on the northern end. Good website, better food than most beach clubs, small beach with some off beach snorkeling to some artificial reef balls. I haven’t done it - like many Cozumel beaches you do drift snorkeling and have to watch the current and best to ask advice of locals as to where to go to see something before venturing out. I believe current policy is $20pp entry, credited to food and drinks. This changes and best to email and check. Closed on Mondays.

Palancar would be another option if you just want beach and PAYG but like @blue_water we preferred it 15 years ago. Last time we went, pre-Covid it was very busy at lunchtime - good for tgem but not as we remembered it! We normally just do table and chairs, I believe they charge a rental for loungers and umbrella. They also offer boat snorkel. 

I have to disagree with @blue_water recommendation for Rasta’s as being good for your family. Whilst it is also one of our favorites, along with several on east side, I can’t think of much that would interest your kids. However, it did remind me that next door is the entrance to the national park of Punta Sur that they may like with lighthouse to climb,  and lagoon with sea water crocodiles. You would need to arrange to have a driver to stay with you for the day (we pre-book ToursPlaza, or you can negotiate at the port). Limited cell phone service, no electricity on east side,  so cash-only purchases and no roving taxis. That said it is perfectly safe, just rustic and therefore generally quieter. Punta Sur has a couple of beach bars,  good beach and snorkeling but you need to be a strong swimmer to get out to the reef. You can review online or contact Eduardo at ToursPlaza for details of pricing and more information etc.

If you are into cultural mayan things there are several places to combine with a beach stop if you book a custom tour, but personally I would dedicate most time to Punta Sur for one trip.

HTH, and gives you some places to research. 

Yes Rasta is a great choice for adults who would enjoy watching and listening to the waves crashing against the rocky shore then touring more of the island, but there is really nothing there for the kids…

I would not want to be looking for a nice beach day on Cozumel with 6 ships in port, but that is just the new normal. I wonder if there is a nice daysail option (independent or through the cruise line) that includes a stop at a less busy beach? That would be great for the family!

19 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Keep in mind Cozumel regularly supports up to 8 ships, obviously size of ships is important to port load. Also demographics of each cruise line.

If you are looking fundamentally for good quiet beach Nachi is probably one of your better options if your kids will be content with just a pool as alternative to ocean. Snorkeling will really only be by boat excursion from beach (extra).

Next door, you can get a day pass to Allegro with a few more amenities. We went several years as it is also good for toddlers and young kids. There is a recent good reviews on here from a  family with older teens. 

Paradise Beach is an excellent clean facility with pricing similar to Nachi, if you have to do AI (which you probably would have to with that many ships in port) It is extra for the water inflatables if your kids would enjoy that. We normally steer clear of Paradise, unless it is a Sunday, but only because we are an older couple, i would recommend for tweens and teens. It will likely be busy but it is a large complex and with children of your ages it is one I would highly consider. Limited snorkeling from beach around the pier and excellent pool.

Like @blue_water suggests, Bucannos is another excellent choice on the northern end. Good website, better food than most beach clubs, small beach with some off beach snorkeling to some artificial reef balls. I haven’t done it - like many Cozumel beaches you do drift snorkeling and have to watch the current and best to ask advice of locals as to where to go to see something before venturing out. I believe current policy is $20pp entry, credited to food and drinks. This changes and best to email and check. Closed on Mondays.

Palancar would be another option if you just want beach and PAYG but like @blue_water we preferred it 15 years ago. Last time we went, pre-Covid it was very busy at lunchtime - good for tgem but not as we remembered it! We normally just do table and chairs, I believe they charge a rental for loungers and umbrella. They also offer boat snorkel. 

I have to disagree with @blue_water recommendation for Rasta’s as being good for your family. Whilst it is also one of our favorites, along with several on east side, I can’t think of much that would interest your kids. However, it did remind me that next door is the entrance to the national park of Punta Sur that they may like with lighthouse to climb,  and lagoon with sea water crocodiles. You would need to arrange to have a driver to stay with you for the day (we pre-book ToursPlaza, or you can negotiate at the port). Limited cell phone service, no electricity on east side,  so cash-only purchases and no roving taxis. That said it is perfectly safe, just rustic and therefore generally quieter. Punta Sur has a couple of beach bars,  good beach and snorkeling but you need to be a strong swimmer to get out to the reef. You can review online or contact Eduardo at ToursPlaza for details of pricing and more information etc.

If you are into cultural mayan things there are several places to combine with a beach stop if you book a custom tour, but personally I would dedicate most time to Punta Sur for one trip.

HTH, and gives you some places to research. 

Thank you!!! Thank you for the detailed post/reply. Sorry to hijack another post, but you seem well seasoned in Cozumel options. I think we have narrowed our wants down a bit more...hubby wants less crowds/more space, I'd like a lounger in the sun and some good ocean swimming, it would be nice to have some additional activities for the kiddos whether water park, kayaks/paddleboards, etc or the option for decent snorkelling. I think I'd like to stay away from the East side of the island just for ease of visit and maybe save those options for a couples trip instead.

I am looking further at Allegro as you suggested as they seem to check off most wants - do you know how busy they get? Is there an occupancy cap or can we expect crowds similar to Paradise Beach?

Another option I am considering is Chankanaab. We would go the PAYG route, taxi and purchase tickets at the gate (weather/mood depending, etc.) after reading further reviews on crappy AI options (buffet and drinks lacking and far away from where we will most likely set up shop). I do have concerns with how busy Chankanaab will be with 7 ships in port. Should we have concerns about being turned down for admission to the park going PAYG and not an organized excursion? Any tips if you've been? 

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in. I appreciate all your feedback! 

Wife and I went to Nachi Cocom for the first time 2 Wednesdays ago, November 29th.  I must preface my observations; I don’t drink alcohol at all and my wife is a cheap date.  We really went because we don’t like the huge crowds and loud music that are common at many of the AI beach clubs.  They have a pool which is important to my wife.  They advertise not allowing rowdy, drunken behavior. We do like to eat but aren’t all that particular, myself less than my wife.  We also wanted to try something new having been to Cozumel probably 40 times on cruises.

Getting there was easy, somehow we were put into a van, just the 2 of us.  They take your picture when you arrive and then want to sell you one later, which we politely declined.  We did see folks happily buying the picture and we were never asked a second time so I commend them for this.  

The entire property was clean and the beach looked great.  We were given choices and took 2 chairs on the beach under a palapa.  Later in the day we moved up by the pool for some sun.  There is also a small hot tub attached to the pool which had folks in it all day.  Beach and pool were very nice all day.

The food consisted of a 4 course lunch chosen from a menu that I would characterize as limited.  Appetizer, salad or fruit (this part I honestly can’t remember but I have a picture of a fruit plate on my phone), main course and dessert.  My appetizer was nachos.  My wife’s was guacamole. Both were good but small portions, at least by our estimations.  The fruit was fresh and very good.  My main course was grilled shrimp.  They were offered several ways but I chose grilled.  They were very good and came with some mixed vegetables.  Since I already know shrimp are all imported there, and the vegetables were likely done from one of those frozen bags (cauliflower, zucchini, broccoli and zucchini, all a single piece, and two pieces of carrots), I wasn’t disappointed, although not impressed either.  My wife got shrimp cocktail which amounted to about 6 medium sized shrimp in a small glass with single slices of vegetables and an olive.  She was not impressed.  Dessert was not bad.  She had some sort of cake with a small scoop of ice cream and I had a piece of something I can’t remember.  And that was it for food all day.  I had a Diet Coke and she had tea.

Through the day we had some smoothies and she had a couple of frozen something-or-others alcohol drinks.  I also had several bottles of water.  

The restrooms were very clean and I saw them being maintained all day.

The service was very good and the staff were attentive, if a little busy and not especially engaging.  If I were to compare them to those at Paradise Beach it wouldn’t even be close.  Paradise Beach staff are much more friendly and engaging.  

We left around 3 and it was easy to get a cab back, just asked one of the wait staff and he shortly told us the cab number and it was there is 5 minutes.  On our way back we passed dozens of cabs lined up at the other beach clubs so one likely came to get us from there.

Overall I would give it a 7 out of 10.  Much quieter than other AI places.  Clean, good service and a nice day.  The food, or lack thereof, made it not a great value for us since alcohol isn’t a deciding factor.  As always YMMV.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Wife and I went to Nachi Cocom for the first time 2 Wednesdays ago, November 29th.  I must preface my observations; I don’t drink alcohol at all and my wife is a cheap date.  We really went because we don’t like the huge crowds and loud music that are common at many of the AI beach clubs.  They have a pool which is important to my wife.  They advertise not allowing rowdy, drunken behavior. We do like to eat but aren’t all that particular, myself less than my wife.  We also wanted to try something new having been to Cozumel probably 40 times on cruises.

Getting there was easy, somehow we were put into a van, just the 2 of us.  They take your picture when you arrive and then want to sell you one later, which we politely declined.  We did see folks happily buying the picture and we were never asked a second time so I commend them for this.  

The entire property was clean and the beach looked great.  We were given choices and took 2 chairs on the beach under a palapa.  Later in the day we moved up by the pool for some sun.  There is also a small hot tub attached to the pool which had folks in it all day.  Beach and pool were very nice all day.

The food consisted of a 4 course lunch chosen from a menu that I would characterize as limited.  Appetizer, salad or fruit (this part I honestly can’t remember but I have a picture of a fruit plate on my phone), main course and dessert.  My appetizer was nachos.  My wife’s was guacamole. Both were good but small portions, at least by our estimations.  The fruit was fresh and very good.  My main course was grilled shrimp.  They were offered several ways but I chose grilled.  They were very good and came with some mixed vegetables.  Since I already know shrimp are all imported there, and the vegetables were likely done from one of those frozen bags (cauliflower, zucchini, broccoli and zucchini, all a single piece, and two pieces of carrots), I wasn’t disappointed, although not impressed either.  My wife got shrimp cocktail which amounted to about 6 medium sized shrimp in a small glass with single slices of vegetables and an olive.  She was not impressed.  Dessert was not bad.  She had some sort of cake with a small scoop of ice cream and I had a piece of something I can’t remember.  And that was it for food all day.  I had a Diet Coke and she had tea.

Through the day we had some smoothies and she had a couple of frozen something-or-others alcohol drinks.  I also had several bottles of water.  

The restrooms were very clean and I saw them being maintained all day.

The service was very good and the staff were attentive, if a little busy and not especially engaging.  If I were to compare them to those at Paradise Beach it wouldn’t even be close.  Paradise Beach staff are much more friendly and engaging.  

We left around 3 and it was easy to get a cab back, just asked one of the wait staff and he shortly told us the cab number and it was there is 5 minutes.  On our way back we passed dozens of cabs lined up at the other beach clubs so one likely came to get us from there.

Overall I would give it a 7 out of 10.  Much quieter than other AI places.  Clean, good service and a nice day.  The food, or lack thereof, made it not a great value for us since alcohol isn’t a deciding factor.  As always YMMV.

This is great feedback! Thanks a bunch 🙂