Drinks in Buffet

CruizeVirgin

46 minutes ago, 2022cruisey said:

In the morning you will also have different types of juices and smoothies.  Coffee/tea/milk available.

Smoothies are usually included in the Plus  package. Check before ordering one. On Grand Princess now and only coffee/tea/milk and breakfast juices are free. 

1 hour ago, CruizeVirgin said:

I recall there was usually watered down orange juice and apple juice in the mornings. Im more curious on the drinks at lunch time.. I used to bring a sipper and fill up at lunch time to last me the day. 

I believe the OJ drink is made from a mix and if mixed properly can be tolerable. Sometimes they add to much water & it gets like Tang.

6 hours ago, 2022cruisey said:

In the morning you will also have different types of juices and smoothies.  Coffee/tea/milk available.

5 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Smoothies are usually included in the Plus  package. Check before ordering one. On Grand Princess now and only coffee/tea/milk and breakfast juices are free. 

In the mornings, I have seen a mix or concoction of the day sitting out that one could call a smoothie.  It's not something made to order - you just pick the small glass by flavor(s) made available.  Don't recall what may be in them.

• Like 1

When we don't have a beverage package we always order an Arnold Palmer at lunch time in the buffet. It's free and we haven't had a server yet who didn't know what it was. 
As others have already answered, water, lemonade, unsweet iced tea, hot coffee and tea are the only beverages that are available for free.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bollycats said:

Haven't been on Princess in a while. Do they still serve you the drinks in the buffet or do you have to get your own? Does someone come around to take alcohol drink orders?

Yes they will take drink orders at least the last few months on Discovery and Ruby they did, both non alcohol and alcohol.

Edited by Cruisintimer
  • Like 1

Thank you all for the responses. I wont have the drink package and im trying to limit my soda intake so the lemonade will work just fine to quench my thirst. I have found that bringing my own sippy cup has worked best so I dont have to keep refilling the small glasses they provide. I usually have a collection of apple juice and orange juice in the fridge each day from breakfast.

1 minute ago, CruizeVirgin said:

Thank you all for the responses. I wont have the drink package and im trying to limit my soda intake so the lemonade will work just fine to quench my thirst. I have found that bringing my own sippy cup has worked best so I dont have to keep refilling the small glasses they provide. I usually have a collection of apple juice and orange juice in the fridge each day from breakfast.

My travel companion always ordered a large pineapple juice at breakfast.  It was free up until 10 am.  After that, they charged for it so she brought a can of Coke from her cabin for lunch.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

My travel companion always ordered a large pineapple juice at breakfast.  It was free up until 10 am.  After that, they charged for it so she brought a can of Coke from her cabin for lunch.

Thats great to hear... I love pineapple juice and will do the same for breakfast. 

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

In the mornings, I have seen a mix or concoction of the day sitting out that one could call a smoothie.  It's not something made to order - you just pick the small glass by flavor(s) made available.  Don't recall what may be in them.

Never seen this myself or would take one if i saw it

i did forget to mention on the big ships there has been hot chocolate dispensers next to the self serve coffee machines in the buffet. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2023 at 12:33 PM, DCThunder said:

You've got to be vigilant on the Ruby about where you get your regular coffee in the morning if you don't sail with a package. They'll sometimes charge you $2.36 at the IC while it's free at the buffet.