LIVE - Ruby Princess, Nov 6 - 20, 14-day Circle Caribbean

aring75

9 hours ago, aring75 said:

IMG_2548.thumb.jpeg.32284d5cc1324b9106d8ef4e5398db38.jpeg

Dessert was the lemon posset. It was a creamy lemon custard. It was nice and light after such a heavy meal. 

IMG_2556.thumb.jpeg.be86c70f120c9f1da91849dde3d8cd17.jpeg

We had a little bit of a wait at the beginning but agreed that we would like to eat here again. Maybe this cruise, maybe not. But we definitely enjoyed the food and listening to the music from Wheelhouse Bar while we ate.

Was there a cover charge for The Salty Dog?  The little voice in the back of my head keeps saying there is.  But it lies a lot.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Was there a cover charge for The Salty Dog?  The little voice in the back of my head keeps saying there is.  But it lies a lot.

There is a charge for the Salty Dog Gastropub, $14.99 for the 3 course meal. It is considered casual dining. Two casual dining visits are included in the plus fare and unlimited casual dining with the premier fare.

The Salty Dog Gastropub should not be confused with the Salty Dog grill by the Lido Pool. There is no charge for burgers, dogs, chicken, fries and such at the grill, except maybe for a special burger. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, skynight said:

There is a charge for the Salty Dog Gastropub, $14.99 for the 3 course meal. It is considered casual dining. Two casual dining visits are included in the plus fare and unlimited casual dining with the premier fare.

The Salty Dog Gastropub should not be confused with the Salty Dog grill by the Lido Pool. There is no charge for burgers, dogs, chicken, fries and such at the grill, except maybe for a special burger. 

DOH!  Would have known had I caught up with the thread before asking.  🙃

12 minutes ago, schnapperin said:

They are super busy at the sun deck with removing the towels and placing the cards on the sunchairs, let’s see if they keep it up during the day 

I hate the whole reserved lounger thing, but what happens if you are actually in the pool when they remove your towel?   

I do wish they had a cabinet or pool “locker” area for people who just need a place for their things. Mark and I don’t spend a lot of time lounging around the pool so when we are there, we generally just share a chair for our towels, sandals, sunscreen, etc. 

We’d happily give that lounge chair up if we had a secure place to keep our pool stuff while we are in the pool. 😁

• Like 6

5 hours ago, LidoLiz said:

The Lotus pool has been lovely and quiet in the morning and a respite from the louder pool areas. 
We have also really been enjoying Sabatini’s during the afternoons for peaceful book reading.

I didn’t realize you could go there during the day. Great tip!  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I wouldn't, but I can't speak for anyone else.

I think if you are spending extended periods of time away from the sun lounger, then it is courteous to give it up for other people to use, especially if they are in short demand.  

8 minutes ago, Ronanc said:

I think if you are spending extended periods of time away from the sun lounger, then it is courteous to give it up for other people to use, especially if they are in short demand.  

If courtesy had anything to do with lounger possession there would be no need for the whole process.  We usually just use the pools when we're back early on a port day and they aren't crowded.  I just raised the question out of curiosity, in case anyone had experienced it.

The sun is sort of beating down today (82 F) with not much wind, so I moved down to Deck 7 as I also usually enjoy the closer look out onto the waves

the pools had been busy this morning, including lotus pool. When I was up there it seems that the sanctuary wasn’t that busy at all 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

If courtesy had anything to do with lounger possession there would be no need for the whole process.  We usually just use the pools when we're back early on a port day and they aren't crowded.  I just raised the question out of curiosity, in case anyone had experienced it.

It’s a good question. It is frustrating to me when others claim loungers for hours but are nowhere to be seen. I hope this keeps this practice to a minimum. 

There is a small laundry area in each deck with staterooms. Here you will find washers, dryers, ironing boards, and large sinks (for soaking, hand washing, etc.).

IMG_2561.thumb.jpeg.398d5decfd22b4f982ec6b0c93bb16f1.jpeg

IMG_2562.thumb.jpeg.0e801182de1d8baa96c7266f4111bfc2.jpeg

IMG_2563.thumb.jpeg.fba410f6951bfc50ba57651b8c08525f.jpeg

The machines require a token ($3 each) to run which you can purchase with your medallion. One token to wash (30-35 min cycle) and one to dry (40-45 min cycle). Also, detergent and dryer sheets are available for purchase. 

IMG_2560.thumb.jpeg.d4b666561ca49df4f66f668203161b06.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As you may have guessed, I decided to finally break down and do a load of laundry today. 😂

The machines hold a surprisingly full load (although the instructions advise against overfilling the machine). They don’t hold as much as my front loader at home, but they are full-size machines like you would find at any laundromat.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aring75 said:

As you may have guessed, I decided to finally break down and do a load of laundry today. 😂

The machines hold a surprisingly full load (although the instructions advise against overfilling the machine). They don’t hold as much as my front loader at home, but they are full-size machines like you would find at any laundromat.

going to risk it when we leave Aruba and hope it’s not too busy during dinner service hour 😬 😂

also why do people queue already at 4.30 pm for dinner? 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Where do you get the tokens?  Or does it work off your medallion?

Excellent pub lunch today in Da Vinci on Deck 6.

It wasn’t advertised in the Patter, but the menu was posted outside the dining room and it was also listed in the app under the Da Vinci dining section.

49595F39-D4E3-4CD9-A77A-D81889AA52DA.thumb.jpeg.34372a89c8e8eaed5329d04d081e8452.jpeg

3FD3C9D9-C8D8-4409-BBC0-AAEE0E518AD4.thumb.jpeg.d9bad82f851797b616ade9bc0efe759c.jpeg

The fish was perfectly crisped and the mushy peas were, well, mushy! The portion sizes were good for a light lunch, although the couple next to us requested more fish.

The servers came around and dished out dollops of malt vinegar and ketchup if requested.

7314A7C2-E44C-47DE-98F2-23ACCC77EBB3.thumb.jpeg.acb1347045a0d8037bfaeaba7d7c617b.jpeg

(We were too full for the dessert, but it looked good.)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, LidoLiz said:

The Lotus pool has been lovely and quiet in the morning and a respite from the louder pool areas. 
We have also really been enjoying Sabatini’s during the afternoons for peaceful book reading.

Were you in Sabatini’s or Adagios ?  Much more comfortable seating in Adagio 

• Like 1