Reserve Collection Mini suites

denims

Hi, after 4 years we are cruising again.  There have been many changes with princess.

We booked an Alaskan cruise out of Settle next June. We will be staying in a "Reserve Collection Mini suite.  My guess this is a new term for Club Class?

I've tried to get information on what comes with that classification; it looks like that class has it's own dining room?

If anyone has sailed in one of those staterooms, could you please give me any more information?

Thanks in advance.

Larry

Edited by denims

11 minutes ago, denims said:

We booked an Alaskan cruise out of Settle next June. We will be staying in a "Reserve Collection Mini suite.  My guess this is a new term for Club Class?

I've tried to get information on what comes with that classification; it looks like that class has it's own dining room?

If anyone has sailed in one of those staterooms, could you please give me any more information?

Looks like you will be on a Royal Class ship like Majestic Princess or Discovery Princess.  Yes, it is the former Club Class. All the perks are described on the Princess site here

You will get access to a special area of the Main Dining Room reserved for this class, the main benefit being you can just walk up and get a table (it's only the new ships being built now - Sun Princess and Star Princess - that will have a separate dining room)

3 minutes ago, dides said:

Looks like you will be on a Royal Class ship like Majestic Princess or Discovery Princess.  Yes, it is the former Club Class. All the perks are described on the Princess site here

You will get access to a special area of the Main Dining Room reserved for this class, the main benefit being you can just walk up and get a table (it's only the new ships being built now - Sun Princess and Star Princess - that will have a separate dining room)

There is no physical difference between your booking and a standard mini-suite.  They differ only in that your booking adds the Reserve Class dining option. These cabins do not have any of the "expanded" Perks of a full suite. We have stayed in Reserve Class twice now, I think you will have a great cruise. 

The main benefit is that you will be able to dine in the reserve class section of the deck 6, mid ship DR. It is walk in anytime dining serving the same menu as non reserve class with one additional item in the evening. There is very little wait and service is improved. DR is open for breakfast and dinner each day and lunch on sea days. There are a few other benefits, but dining is the main one. 

• Like 2

Reserve Collection mini-suites are our new minimum when booking a Princess cruise. We have definitely gotten spoiled by the extra service we receive every time we dine in the Reserve Dining Room. We also enjoy the bottle of wine sitting in our cabin upon arrival as well as (optionally) placing an order from a list of available canapés to be delivered around 4 pm the next day. The nice thing about being able to order them from a list is that you can get what you want rather than just getting one of each regardless if you like them or not.

The Reserve Collection mini-suites are also usually found in desirable locations on the ship. But the main perk by far, as others have said, is being able to dine in the Reserve Dining Room. 😁

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/ships/staterooms/reserve-collection

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

There is no physical difference between your booking and a standard mini-suite.  They differ only in that your booking adds the Reserve Class dining option. These cabins do not have any of the "expanded" Perks of a full suite. We have stayed in Reserve Class twice now, I think you will have a great cruise. 

Almost completely correct again. 
The “physical difference” between RC minis and “regular” mini is cabin location. 
RC minis are in more desirable locations. That is, they are physically located more mid-ship than “regular” minis. 
Makes a difference in terms of proximity to elevators and in ride comfort during rough seas 

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Almost completely correct again. 
The “physical difference” between RC minis and “regular” mini is cabin location. 
RC minis are in more desirable locations. That is, they are physically located more mid-ship than “regular” minis. 
Makes a difference in terms of proximity to elevators and in ride comfort during rough seas 

Yes, correct. I was speaking of the actual cabins...not their location...but that is definitely a factor in the decision. 

3 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Except if sailing on a pre-Royal class ship and having a mini suite with a fully covered balcony is more desirable than location then the RC minis won't work since none of the them, as far as I know, are located mid-ship. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Except if sailing on a pre-Royal class ship and having a mini suite with a fully covered balcony is more desirable than location then the RC minis won't work since none of the them, as far as I know, are located mid-ship. 

And the world of decisions goes round and round. 

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

That's the problem for us.  We won't do the Reserve because on the ships we've sailed they don't have any cover over the balcony and that's a no go for us.  We love the dining aspect so we've sailed less and have gone to full suites.  Oh, the sacrifices one makes!🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marden1970 said:

That's the problem for us.  We won't do the Reserve because on the ships we've sailed they don't have any cover over the balcony and that's a no go for us.  We love the dining aspect so we've sailed less and have gone to full suites.  Oh, the sacrifices one makes!🙂

In our case that's when the afternoon sun's location on the cruising route, especially on sea days, will determine the side of the ship we'll book the Reserve mini suite on. Sometimes it doesn't matter. But on occasion it does. For example, if we book a TA from Europe back to the US, we'll book a Reserve mini suite on the starboard side, and vice versa if the TA is going from the US to Europe. But that's just us.

• Like 1