Viking Deluxe Veranda cabins - best location of the few remaining cabins

Steerpike58

We're looking at a cruise on Viking Ocean next year and there are only 6 DV cabins left.  5075 (DV2) - close to stairs; 5025 (DV3) - close to stairs; 4035 (DV4) - close to lifts; 4002/4003 (DV5) - end of hallway, smack up against the ES1 Explorer Suites; and 4105 (DV5) - far from stairs and elevators, looks to be an OK location.  Any comments on these rooms in general, and perhaps most specifically, thoughts on the 4002/4003 location?

image.thumb.png.7214b1081ed526d9212b51d7ca964c90.png

If this would be better in the Viking Ocean forum, please move it there. 

We were in 5075 on one cruise and liked the location. As you said, it is close to the stairs & elevator, but we did not notice any noise from those areas.

Of the others you listed I would favor 5025, 4035 and 4105 over 4002/4003. We were in 4009 on our most recent cruise, and it seemed like a long hike to anywhere from that far forward.

We did not notice any difference in motion between 5075 and 4009. You might, however, if conditions were really rough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have been in 5076.  Great central location, near stairs -- very quiet.  Port side, so convenient to launderette. Good location to minimize motion.

Elevators close by.  Liked it enough from last cruise, so booked it for next.  Different ships, yet the same.

• Like 1

Most importantly, regardless of the preferences shared above, none of these cabins is "to be avoided at all costs.

The only one that might have an issue is 4035 and only if it is above the tenders. I've never figured out how far forward the tenders go.  

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

The only one that might have an issue is 4035 and only if it is above the tenders

We have done 3 trips in 4034 (across the ship from 4035) and fortunately it is well forward of the tenders so 4035 will be too.

We have never had an issue with noise from the lifts or stairs and that area is our preferred cabin location. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Most importantly, regardless of the preferences shared above, none of these cabins is "to be avoided at all costs.

The only one that might have an issue is 4035 and only if it is above the tenders. I've never figured out how far forward the tenders go.  

No tenders issues.  I took a picture on a cruise of the side of the ship and then put the cabin numbers on it - I use it often to reference various rooms to choose.

VikingRoomNumbersTenders.thumb.JPG.c3cdffc91d2be1c08cce7bbe90bc1fff.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

I never found noise from the stairs to be an issue. Its not like a Disney cruise with children running around or late night drunks stumbling around. Probably more noise from motorized scooter in the halls.

On 11/9/2023 at 9:23 AM, Peregrina651 said:

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! 

Regarding the tenders - is the issue simply of of making sure they don't block the view, or is it that when they are used, they are noisy? 

51 minutes ago, Steerpike58 said:

Regarding the tenders - is the issue simply of of making sure they don't block the view, or is it that when they are used, they are noisy? 

Noise - and they can possibly bang around on a stormy night as well.

4 hours ago, Steerpike58 said:

There are no obstructed view cabins on V ocean ships.

They should add that to their list of what V does not have.  No this, that etc.