Are secret decks always Deck 7?

MujerIsla

Sailing on Breeze this month and wondering about secret decks. I've heard about the one forward on Deck 7 on some ships. Is it the same place for all ships? Do you just walk through the Deck 7 stateroom hallway to get there? And any other secret decks, on Breeze specifically, I should know about? It's hard to tell from the deck plans what is what. Thanks!

Some of these decks have been converted to premium view staterooms. Other than the interesting name of "secret" these decks really don't have much appeal imho. They are very windy while at sea and no deck chairs etc probably due to same wind. 

• Like 3

The deck "number" is not the key factor per se, it is where it is relative to the rest of the ship, i.e. typically the decks with cabins in the fwd section between the Promenade deck and the Bridge - decks 6 & 7 on Magic & Radiance, for example.  Also deck 10 (lido) & 11 on Magic/Breeze/etc. Maybe deck 10 on Radiance?  Just browsing deck plans pseudo-randomly.  Elation & Paradise don't have them.

On the XL ships it might be deck 8?  (Pretty sure I would have checked that out when we sailed on Mardi Gras - can't remember off hand.)

On 11/7/2023 at 2:20 PM, ColeThornton said:

If people know about them are they really "secret"?    😉

It is a fairly obvious mis-nomer.  Should have been called "low-traffic not-well-known forward deck areas", but that is a bit more of a mouthful.  Maybe "out of the way decks"?

On 11/7/2023 at 6:54 PM, n6uqqq said:

Some of these decks have been converted to premium view staterooms. Other than the interesting name of "secret" these decks really don't have much appeal imho. They are very windy while at sea and no deck chairs etc probably due to same wind. 

We like to visit them at least once or twice per cruise because we like to stand at the railing looking forward, wind in our hair, drinks in hand, with minimal crowd, and the other possible locations aboard are usually the Serenity area (on some ships) or other busy public areas that often have high glass window-railings.  Also good spots for viewing arrivals into ports.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2023 at 2:18 PM, MujerIsla said:

Sailing on Breeze this month and wondering about secret decks. I've heard about the one forward on Deck 7 on some ships. Is it the same place for all ships? Do you just walk through the Deck 7 stateroom hallway to get there? And any other secret decks, on Breeze specifically, I should know about? It's hard to tell from the deck plans what is what. Thanks!

Breeze has a few secret decks on 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 11. Also deck 5 on Breeze is a full promenade! And yes, just proceed forward through the stateroom hallway and there will be a door at the end. Enjoy your cruise!

image.thumb.png.7fc4a32d3e8d2a2d191892711a6bc19e.png

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2023 at 2:20 PM, ColeThornton said:

If people know about them are they really "secret"?    😉

I think the “secret” nickname works as it’s not a public space that most people would just stumble upon. You have to really know it’s there and go there intentionally. 

• Like 1

I enjoy the secret decks. And on our last cruise on the Sunshine there were some deck chairs placed on the secret deck on 7. These are great spots for taking sunset pics of your balcony is on the wrong side. 

My kiddo also thought it was really cool that she knew about this “secret” deck. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Breeze has a few secret decks on 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, and 11. Also deck 5 on Breeze is a full promenade! And yes, just proceed forward through the stateroom hallway and there will be a door at the end. Enjoy your cruise!

image.thumb.png.7fc4a32d3e8d2a2d191892711a6bc19e.png

Ah, so those ambiguous tan areas are all decks? That's good to know! I was looking for striped brown like the promenade when I was looking through deck plans. Thank you!

• Like 1