Specialty dining on Crown Princess

pebbleman

14 minutes ago, pebbleman said:

Which 3 specialty dining restaurant on the Crown in order of preference would you all choose?

As far as I know the only specialty restaurants on the Crown are Sabatini’s (my favorite) and Crown Grille. What is the 3rd restaurant you are referring to ?

49 minutes ago, memoak said:

As far as I know the only specialty restaurants on the Crown are Sabatini’s (my favorite) and Crown Grille. What is the 3rd restaurant you are referring to ?

Ty!  We are going on the Crown in January and I was wondering how Sabatini's was on the Crown.  The Crown Grill had been so good on every ship, our favorite too.

13 minutes ago, pebbleman said:

oh, I thought there was a French restaurant and another Steak House on the ship.   Thank you!

The Crown is an older ship the bigger ones have more   There is sometimes a pop up now and then but to reassure you we have enjoyed meals in both. 

8 minutes ago, pebbleman said:

Thank you!   I know everything on the menu is good, but do you have a favorite dish(es).  

At Crown I am partial to both the filet and the lamb chops. At Sabatini’s almost all the pastas are good especially the carbonara 

It is difficult to rate one restaurant, in this case Crown Grill or Sabatini’s, as consistently better than the other.  We have regularly dined in both on multiple Princess ships.  On some cruises we preferred Crown Grill. On some cruises we preferred Sabatini’s.

The reality is that the staff and the management of these rooms are constantly changing, and I am convinced that this explains my inconsistent experiences.  Usually, the headwaiter is engaging, customer oriented and provides both good direction and good support to the service staff.  However, sometimes he is less engaging and just assumes that the service staff is doing their job.  Similarly, the care that the head chef shows will directly reflect the quality of the dishes coming out of his galley.

My fatalistic view is that I won’t know until I walk in.

@pebbleman I would suggest that you just review the menus for these two restaurants over on the Princess site and pick the one that looks better to you.