Panorama Nov-Dec 2023 sailings cancelled!

weezal

56 minutes ago, adoris said:

It looks like she off and on her way.  IT’s dark here but I can see cruise ship lights out in Esquimalt harbour heading south!

Hope the voyage south goes well and soon everyone is off and enjoying their Christmas cruise.

Very good news!  The Marine Traffic website shows her on her way under power as of 5:57 PM local time, with ETA in Long Beach on Thursday 12/21 at 8:00.  AM local time.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kelownabccan said:

Dec 23 is sailing date......I guess lots of time to get crew organized and food and drinks....lol.....looks like the next 4 sailing are sold out.....our trip on the ship is in April so any kinks should be ironed out.....

Most if not all of the returning/new crew members boarded in Victoria. When the cruises were cancelled the crew members that had upcoming leave went home early and the rest of the crew has remained on the ship. They are working now on the Holiday decorations and preparing for the return of guests. There will be plenty of time to restock the ship when they get to Long Beach, it is normally done in a few hours. The azipod repair is something they have done many times on the three Vista class ships so there should be no problems there. I board December 30th and expect everything to be in tip top shape, can’t wait! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

I’ll be right behind you, on the January 7th and 13th cruises!

See you there, we are doing a back to back too. I’m really looking forward to a relaxing week on the second leg. We are with a group of 10 celebrating hubby’s 70th on NYE and will need another week by ourselves to recover! 😜

• Like 3

Dan Politzer, Wells Fargo Securities analyst, asked about the financial impact of what happened to the Panorama.  This is what the Carnival Corporation's CEO and CFO said in response to that:

Josh Weinstein -- Chief Executive Officer

You know, in the grand scheme of things, it's probably a couple of pennies.

David Bernstein -- Chief Financial Officer

Between like maybe one penny in the fourth quarter and a couple in the first.

A couple of quick notes of explanation - the 4th quarter ended November 30 and there are 1.27 billion shares outstanding.  Two cents per share is about $25 million total and three cents is about $38 million.  I think this understates things a little, but those are the guys who would know since they have access to the data.  I'll take their word for it.  $38 million is quite a hit.  I'm sure they rather it didn't happen and are happy to see the Panorama back in action.

• Like 3

On 12/23/2023 at 6:45 AM, EllieinNJ said:

Have a great cruise.  Hope someone does a trip report.

You wanted a report and I am here to tell you that so far it is smooth sailing! We are currently sailing past the Baja peninsula on our way to Pierre Vallarta. Merry Christmas from the Panorama!

IMG_2877.jpeg

IMG_2868.jpeg

IMG_2865.jpeg

• Like 9

Question? We have a room on the Havana Cabana deck. How well is wristband enforced to keep people that don't have the wristband out of the pool and hot tub area? This is deck 5 in the aft.

When does the bar open to everyone? What are the hours of the pool and bar?

We're looking forward to a flawless boarding on Sat. the 30.Anyone have any thoughts about the ship and the trip being taken right now......... Love to hear all the good things. Maybe some bad if there are any.

7 hours ago, Ginona said:

Question? We have a room on the Havana Cabana deck. How well is wristband enforced to keep people that don't have the wristband out of the pool and hot tub area? This is deck 5 in the aft.

We're looking forward to a flawless boarding on Sat. the 30.Anyone have any thoughts about the ship and the trip being taken right now......... Love to hear all the good things. Maybe some bad if there are any.

From what I read and my one Havana experience on the Vista the Havana area is monitored and you have to have a wristband to be on the pool deck. It is a small community so the wristband’s aren’t as necessary after a few days as the staff and fellow passengers know who belongs there and interlopers would stand out. The bar on the pool deck side never opens to everyone, you can’t enter the pool deck from the inside bar unless you are staying in a Havana stateroom. The inside bar area is always open to the public. I can’t remember for sure when the outside bar opens but I think around 9. It is basically the same bar as the inside as it’s a big circle and the inside opens earlier so you can get a drink there before 9. The outside bar closes before dark and the inside stays open until at least midnight. I’m looking forward to my second Havana experience, it’s wonderful, I’m sure you will love it. See you there! 

Edited to add you might want to lower your expectations for a flawless boarding. With the packed Christmas cruise debarking and the packed New Years cruise embarking there are likely going to be some challenges. Add in the predicted rain tomorrow too, just pack your patience. Once we are all on board it will be smooth sailing down to sunny, warm Mexico, can’t wait! 

Edited by LaRue1975

On 12/29/2023 at 2:36 AM, Ginona said:

The area is monitored daily.  Only for Havana guests and people are challenged throughout the cruise.  Stayed in Havana rooms 6 times.  The bar and area inside is open to all.  Bar opens near 11 till 11pm.  Let us know how the flawless boarding goes.