Something new on the Medallion app

Cruise Raider

59 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I know it's technically possible to print from a phone...but I'd be willing to bet that less than 5% (if that many) people are set up to do that. 

I normally just use my mini iPad for my app.  And it’ is set up to my printer.  

just check it is the correct travel summary on the app !!   The app shows the travel summary and luggage tag  for my cruise on the Diamond in July this year under my booking on the Royal in January next year,  All other details are correct and the travel summary is correct on the cruise personaliser.   Not worth trying to understand  why/ how.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I know it's technically possible to print from a phone...but I'd be willing to bet that less than 5% (if that many) people are set up to do that. 

Hard to say, but I would have guessed the majority could. I usually only do it when I’m traveling, but it’s as easy as printing from a computer. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, robncruise said:

just check it is the correct travel summary on the app !!   The app shows the travel summary and luggage tag  for my cruise on the Diamond in July this year under my booking on the Royal in January next year,  All other details are correct and the travel summary is correct on the cruise personaliser.   Not worth trying to understand  why/ how.

Exactly same for us.  Surprised to see Print Luggage Tags but when I tried, the luggage tags that printed were for our Alaska cruise last August.  Oh well, we will just wait and hope that Princess IT eventually fixes it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DiRonT said:

Exactly same for us.  Surprised to see Print Luggage Tags but when I tried, the luggage tags that printed were for our Alaska cruise last August.  Oh well, we will just wait and hope that Princess IT eventually fixes it.

The same thing happened to me.  When I went in to the app and saw the Print Luggage Tag feature on my upcoming January cruise I clicked on it thinking I could print out the tags now.  However, my tags were for this past June's Alaska cruise.  Fortunately, my 75 day opening window for printing out luggage tags is tomorrow so I guess I will just wait and see what appears on the app.  If it is still messed up, I will print out the tags from my desktop.

50 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

The same thing happened to me.  When I went in to the app and saw the Print Luggage Tag feature on my upcoming January cruise I clicked on it thinking I could print out the tags now.  However, my tags were for this past June's Alaska cruise.  Fortunately, my 75 day opening window for printing out luggage tags is tomorrow so I guess I will just wait and see what appears on the app.  If it is still messed up, I will print out the tags from my desktop.

Please come back and let us know what happens tomorrow.  That would be very helpful.  Thanks

14 hours ago, DiRonT said:

Please come back and let us know what happens tomorrow.  That would be very helpful.  Thanks

It is day 75 for us so I can print out our luggage tags.  I was NOT successful at printing the tags from my phone as it still shows our old June Alaska cruise information.  I WAS successful at printing out the correct information when using my desktop. 

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

It is day 75 for us so I can print out our luggage tags.  I was NOT successful at printing the tags from my phone as it still shows our old June Alaska cruise information.  I WAS successful at printing out the correct information when using my desktop. 

Thanks for this info, very helpful.

• Like 1

The app (for me, anyway) seems to have issues when you have more than one cruise booked. Until we finished the cruise just prior to the cruise we are currently on, when I tried to get into my dining reservations it would always show me the reservations for the 2nd cruise (the one we're on right now) instead of the "next" cruise, even though the first cruise was properly selected. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, skynight said:

My printer is hardwired to my PC. Can not access from a phone. Do not plan to purchase a new printer just to print Princess documents. Hope Princess does not eliminate the PC option.

I don't think Princess will eliminate the PC option -- they are aware that not everyone has a smart phone.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skynight said:

My printer is hardwired to my PC. Can not access from a phone. Do not plan to purchase a new printer just to print Princess documents. Hope Princess does not eliminate the PC option.

I just printed my luggage tags for my cruise that leaves on Sunday.  My phone cannot access a printer either.  I just downloaded the luggage tags on the app and sent them to my email.  Then I was able to print from there.  Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, skynight said:

Of course not but you can always send a screen print to your PC and print it that way.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The app (for me, anyway) seems to have issues when you have more than one cruise booked. Until we finished the cruise just prior to the cruise we are currently on, when I tried to get into my dining reservations it would always show me the reservations for the 2nd cruise (the one we're on right now) instead of the "next" cruise, even though the first cruise was properly selected. 

It wasn't a huge issue but we sailed on the Royal for two days, spent a night in port after disembarkation and joined the Majestic the next day for a B2B.  The app didn't know what to make of any of it.  It had us as a B2B2B.  I couldn't make dinner reservations for any of the 3 legs.    

Turns out, we don't really need reservations as we rarely go to dinner in the MDR anymore.  

But, if I were one to get all wound up about little things, it probably would have driven me crazy.  

15 hours ago, Italy52 said:

It sounds like maybe the issue is the app vs the cruise personalizer not an issue with your phone versus your computer. Did you use the web based version of the app or the cruise personalizer on the website when you were successful?

Edited by Torfamm

13 hours ago, skynight said:

You can access the app on a PC using the web-based version just like you can access the website on a phone and print from there. That’s what I’ve done when I’ve been away from home and need to print luggage tags. I haven’t yet tried printing from the app

17 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We have a similar problem although not with dining. If I even try to look at cruise ship excursions for our second cruise the App keeps showing excursions for the first cruise. 

Of course they STILL haven't fixed the problem where I see the little exclamation mark which indicates I haven't chosen my Medallion wearable. I have done it and have the confirming email but the App says otherwise.

9 hours ago, Torfamm said:

It sounds like maybe the issue is the app vs the cruise personalizer not an issue with your phone versus your computer. Did you use the web based version of the app or the cruise personalizer on the website when you were successful?

When I accessed the print luggage tag from my phone the app showed the incorrect luggage tag information.  So, I went into my Princess Cruise Personalizer on their website and then printed out my correct luggage tag using my desktop.

• Like 2