1 platinum 1 sapphire 4 total

Shidah

Two dinners for 2 people and a bag of laundry for each person at platinum or above, you only get one laundry voucher but just write "Platinum free bag" on the second bag and it will be taken care of.

If you had a second cabin and the platinum in one and sapphire in the other you would double up on the meals.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

So glad that someone is asking this question!

My mom and I were wondering earlier week if we needed to buy a la carte/or specialty dinners for my kids who are travelling with us next year... So let me tag on and see if someone can confirm... if we have 1 platinum and 1 gold passenger in two separate cabins, would we get 2 dinners for 2 per cabin (so four total meals)? 

Similarly... if we have two platinum and one gold in one cabin.... would we still need to buy a meal for the gold pax or could they get covered by the platinum reward (again, four total meals)? 

The way I interpret the wording on NCL's website it sounds like it's 2 meals for 2 so that if there are two platinum guests in one cabin you would actually get 4 meals total but I always prefer to get first hand experience rather than assume.

5 minutes ago, JillK said:

My mom and I were wondering earlier week if we needed to buy a la carte/or specialty dinners for my kids who are travelling with us next year... So let me tag on and see if someone can confirm... if we have 1 platinum and 1 gold passenger in two separate cabins, would we get 2 dinners for 2 per cabin (so four total meals)? 

Similarly... if we have two platinum and one gold in one cabin.... would we still need to buy a meal for the gold pax or could they get covered by the platinum reward (again, four total meals)? 

The way I interpret the wording on NCL's website it sounds like it's 2 meals for 2 so that if there are two platinum guests in one cabin you would actually get 4 meals total but I always prefer to get first hand experience rather than assume.

One platinum in a room gets two dinners for two. One with wine. 

Two platinums in a room get two dinners for two. One with wine. 

Same. 

They are dinners for two. Not individual meals. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, JillK said:

It's 2 vouchers per cabin, regardless of how many are platinum and above in the room with you. For the kids - it all depends on how old they are and how much food they'll eat. I sailed with 12yo's in September. Ordering the full size filet and just cutting off some to share was fine for the picky eater. For the other one, she shared everyone else's sides and we paid a la carte for whatever else she wanted. Was about $25-50 total per meal depending on where we went and what she wanted to eat.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

They are dinners for two. Not individual meals. 

That's an important distinction you've made above... always figured it was an individual meal attached to the individual's status. 

Thanks for the quick reply and clarification! 

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

It's 2 vouchers per cabin, regardless of how many are platinum and above in the room with you. For the kids - it all depends on how old they are and how much food they'll eat. I sailed with 12yo's in September. Ordering the full size filet and just cutting off some to share was fine for the picky eater. For the other one, she shared everyone else's sides and we paid a la carte for whatever else she wanted. Was about $25-50 total per meal depending on where we went and what she wanted to eat.

Got it - thanks! My kids are teens so they eat more than I do. I have no problem treating them to a specialty (especially since our tradition is the steakhouse on embarkation day) and have done so in the past when we've been four in a cabin but we weren't sure if we would be able to extend our platinum benefit to our kids (or grandkid, in my mom's situation) or if we would have to pay to have them join us. Appreciate the reply! 

3 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

It's 2 vouchers per cabin, regardless of how many are platinum and above in the room with you.

Not relevant to the current discussion, but there is a caveat to this point in that if there are more than two platinums in a room then you get more vouchers. Basically if there are 3 or 4 platinums then you will get 4 vouchers in the cabin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Not relevant to the current discussion, but there is a caveat to this point in that if there are more than two platinums in a room then you get more vouchers. Basically if there are 3 or 4 platinums then you will get 4 vouchers in the cabin.

My hubby and I have the same status. We have never once received more than the two standard vouchers. Ever. It's always been one coupon book per room.

27 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

My hubby and I have the same status. We have never once received more than the two standard vouchers. Ever. It's always been one coupon book per room.

yeah, but if you happened to have another platinum in your cabin, you'd get 4 vouchers in your cabin.  That's why the post you quoted said if there are more than two platinums in a room.  Since it's just been you and your husband, you will only get two vouchers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

10 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

if there are MORE than two platinums in a room then you get more vouchers. Basically if there are 3 or 4 platinums then you will get 4 vouchers in the cabin.

• Like 1

In the terms and conditions of the Latitudes Reward benefits it clearly states the two vouchers for the Latitudes dinners are per stateroom, not the number of guests in the cabin. I suppose one could push the issue for additional vouchers at guests services. 

57 minutes ago, razor7_us said:

In the terms and conditions of the Latitudes Reward benefits it clearly states the two vouchers for the Latitudes dinners are per stateroom, not the number of guests in the cabin. I suppose one could push the issue for additional vouchers at guests services. 

Yes, the details on the website are quite clear. A set of vouchers per room if there is a platinum (or above) and another set if there are 3 or more.

If there are one or two platinums then any visit to guest services to ask for more vouchers would be a waste of time. 

• Like 1