Hotel recommendations for Fiumicino Airport

windsurferfirst

Hi

Our flight arrives into the airport at 11.50pm. I am thinking it's best to stay at an airport hotel that night and travel down to Civitavecchia port the next morning. Has anybody done this before who could recommend a hotel that is really easy to get to at that time of night and cab company or transfer service for the next morning.

Thanks for reading.

Edited to add I am 70 and although fit and healthy I don't want to be dragging suitcases on trains.

Edited by windsurferfirst

49 minutes ago, windsurferfirst said:

Hi

Our flight arrives into the airport at 11.50pm. I am thinking it's best to stay at an airport hotel that night and travel down to Civitavecchia port the next morning. Has anybody done this before who could recommend a hotel that is really easy to get to at that time of night and cab company or transfer service for the next morning.

Thanks for reading.

Edited to add I am 70 and although fit and healthy I don't want to be dragging suitcases on trains.

Good friends have recently stayed at Rome Hotel Inn, which was found to be very good for one night.  As usual, the excellent RomeCabs handled all their transfers.

No doubt CC will put forward suggestions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

There is a Hilton right in the airport. Nice hotel. Frequently recommended here, we have stayed in it and definitely recommend it.

I saw that one and liked to look of it. I think its walkable from the terminal. We won't get out of the Airport until 1am approx so it may be a little late for shuttle buses. 

2 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Good friends have recently stayed at Rome Hotel Inn, which was found to be very good for one night.  As usual, the excellent RomeCabs handled all their transfers.

No doubt CC will put forward suggestions.

Thanks for your reply. I forgot all about Rome cabs thanks for the reminder.

1 hour ago, windsurferfirst said:

Thanks for your reply. I forgot all about Rome cabs thanks for the reminder.

Just looked at the Hilton, it looks ideal for one, as it has a covered walkway from the Airport to Hotel.

Just a little tip…

Also, track the prices from about 6/8 weeks onwards prior to arrival, as they may have “last minute” discounts.  If so, rebook first, then cancel the original booking, without penalty.

• Like 2

That really is a late arrival. I was going to recommend the Hilton Garden Inn, which is on the airport property but requires a (free) shuttle from the airport to reach. Unfortunately, it stops running at 1:00 am, which puts it pretty tight for you. The Hilton cruiserbruce recommended is probably your best option.

• Like 1

We stayed at the Hotel Riviera Fumiciano last year for 4 nights & loved it. Big rooms & great breakfast.  2 blocks from the water.  They had a shuttle to airport & less than 10 min drive. You could email them to see if they offer shuttle that late, and if not I’m sure they’d have suggestions. We’ll stay there next trip to just get away from the hustle of Rome. Lots of wonderful local restaurants with a lot of locals!

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 4:02 PM, PORT ROYAL said:

Just looked at the Hilton, it looks ideal for one, as it has a covered walkway from the Airport to Hotel.

Just a little tip…

Also, track the prices from about 6/8 weeks onwards prior to arrival, as they may have “last minute” discounts.  If so, rebook first, then cancel the original booking, without penalty.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I was a member once I will investigate.

20 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

That really is a late arrival. I was going to recommend the Hilton Garden Inn, which is on the airport property but requires a (free) shuttle from the airport to reach. Unfortunately, it stops running at 1:00 am, which puts it pretty tight for you. The Hilton cruiserbruce recommended is probably your best option.

That was my fear. Thanks for the info.

Absolutely, the easiest, especially at that hour, is the Hilton hotel. We just stayed there two weeks ago, very easy. The walkway is adjacent to terminal 3 where international flights arrive . No need to worry about cabs, shuttles etc. you will be tired. Definitely join Hilton Honors, if you are no already a member

The Hilton is accessible via an enclosed overhead walkway (you access it through the garage) which takes you to an elevator that drops you right at the front entrance.  It is the perfect option for a really late night arrival.  You can use one of the airport luggage trolleys in this walkway which makes the long stroll tolerable.

Hank