Regent Grandeur Now a Regent Ship

DeepFreeze63

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Praying it was a typo.....

Unless the two on the corners are shielded from the center area, and part of the men's and women's sides of the spa? 

36D1C7A0-0105-4335-8138-5B9227E317F9_4_5005_c.jpeg.783145c6acf459b958fb5373c7e55ebc.jpeg

Edited by GMIAC

16 minutes ago, forgap said:

Really?   Why?  Not judging, just curious.

I thought (seriously) that is a common knowledge: for a proper sauna treatment body needs to be clothing free (so toxins leaving body with sweat would not be trapped), and a potential dirt from materials brings toxins to the air.  I cannot stand when people come inside of sauna room dressed in gym ware after exercising (you can smell of sweat mixing with hot air - it’s so disgusting).  Or even worse, when they bring dirty towels and shorts and trunks, put them on the bench and leave the steam room (so those who are inside are “enjoying” extra kick of aroma).  I usually throw those items out of the steam room.

Germany’s sauna rules are very strong about this matter.

Edited by kirtihk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

I thought (seriously) that is a common knowledge: for a proper sauna treatment body needs to be clothing free (so toxins leaving body with sweat would not be trapped), and a potential dirt from materials brings toxins to the air.  I cannot stand when people come inside of sauna room dressed in gym ware after exercising (you can smell of sweat mixing with hot air - it’s so disgusting).  Or even worse, when they bring dirty towels and shorts and trunks, put them on the bench and leave the steam room (so those who are inside are “enjoying” extra kick of aroma).  I usually throw those items out of the steam room.

Germany’s sauna rules are very strong about this matter.

I’m with you!  This American, loves going to a sauna in Many parts of Europe for the reasons you mention above.   I will admit the first time I was in the woman’s sauna on Splendor,  I put the towel down and was sitting there naked, before I realized that man or women could look in the window.   I really didn’t care much about that,  but I’m taking a guess that would be frown upon.  

15 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

I’m with you!  This American, loves going to a sauna in Many parts of Europe for the reasons you mention above.   I will admit the first time I was in the woman’s sauna on Splendor,  I put the towel down and was sitting there naked, before I realized that man or women could look in the window.   I really didn’t care much about that,  but I’m taking a guess that would be frown upon.

I liked the steam room on Splendor, but sauna was just warm (about 140 F); it needs to be at least 170 F for a good experience; the best is around 190 F.

Edited by kirtihk
  • Thanks 1

In Ajaccio, Corsica - a very nice port of call, especially on a sunny, cool November day as the only (and last of the year) cruise ship! Very French, very Napoleon - oriented , with lots of nice shops (even had "Black Friday" sales) and terrific cafes.

Ate lunch on aft deck with mountain ring as a backdrop; many peaks had some snow - postcard photo ops. Fixed seperaters (the "Tea Houses" on the Splendor} are gone; now, remotely operated, vertical blinds available for wind protection of middle tables. Banquets are gone; all tables have very nice deck chairs. Half of the tables under cover. Seem like many more tables than on Splendor.

• Like 2

Just got a seaday as Marseille was cancelled - VERY high winds and boiling seas. Good test for a new ship. many workmen on board; focus seems to be automatic doors on Deck 11 and restroom doors.

At Thanksgiving inner last night, I had delicious turkey (light and dark), sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, terrific stuffing, and wonderful pumpkin pie. DW (a carnivore} says "Regent has upped their game on food". Have been trying many of the new courses announced in their press release/video - had a spectacular halibut entree in Chartreuse.

PS- clothing REQUIRED  on aft Spa deck BUT is optional in the Men's (and I assume Women's) special showers and saunas. 

• Like 1

Captain announced at 7am that Grandeur will not be calling in at Provence today due to weather conditions - it's become windy. Today will be a sea day, but will ensure we can reach Barcelona for the end of this leg of the journey.

42 minutes ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

PS- clothing REQUIRED  on aft Spa deck BUT is optional in the Men's (and I assume Women's) special showers and saunas. 

Jim, thanks for the clarification.  When I exited the men’s route to jacuzzis I asked the spa employee standing there if the jacuzzis were clothing optional; he said yes.  He probably thought I was asking about the saunas. 

• Like 1