LIVE with Georgia Peaches on the Brand NEW Ascent...B2B November 22-29 Pre-Pre-Maiden Voyage!

Georgia_Peaches

16 hours ago, CardowMD said:

What is best way to get from FLL hotel to ship on Sunday ? Sounds like there are possible issues w Uber?

I actually prefer Uber.  Many trips for me, only one problematic.

Years ago DH and I always took the hotel shuttle from Embassy Suites. Was fun chatting with fellow cruisers heading to the terminal.  Last time I took the shuttle no one would talk to me, the driver made me get out at every stop to make sure my luggage wasn’t taken off by mistake (?!) and my ship was the last stop. Took forever.  No more shuttle for me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

The “Annex” as you describe, is absolutely necessary on the E-class ships, I’m glad they are finally using some of these spaces for guest experiences and FUN!  My brother might actually go another cruise with a golf simulator. 

they used to have a golf simulator on  X. dh tried it...was fun.  Can u just do one  acticlvity or must a group rent the room???

1 hour ago, hcat said:

they used to have a golf simulator on  X. dh tried it...was fun.  Can u just do one  acticlvity or must a group rent the room???

It’s not open as a single experience. The room must be rented. No minimum number of guests, though.  So I guess a couple (or even a solo) who wanted to simulate a round of golf while at sea could do so but they’d have to rent the space for the minimum amount of time offered, which is 2 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

It’s not open as a single experience. The room must be rented. No minimum number of guests, though.  So I guess a couple (or even a solo) who wanted to simulate a round of golf while at sea could do so but they’d have to rent the space for the minimum amount of time offered, which is 2 hours. 

Thanks for this helpful information. Do you know the fee? 

We have enjoyed a very leisurely day bumming around to various places on the ship. Stopped in the OVC to have a look around. We were impressed with the food variety. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and a colossal shrimp bar…maybe in honor of Thanksgiving?  

We had a slice of pizza, really good, but haven’t eaten much today in anticipation of or dinner in Eden this evening. 

There are several things I love about the design of the E class outdoor spaces on deck 14. For one thing, the sunset bar is lovely. There are several terraced areas for sitting. The space is so inviting with comfortable seating and plenty of shade. Perhaps best of all is that it is just steps away from the pizza oven in the OVC below. 

A few pics…

IMG_6215.jpeg

IMG_6214.jpeg

IMG_6213.jpeg

IMG_6212.jpeg

IMG_6211.jpeg

IMG_6210.jpeg

IMG_6206.jpeg

IMG_6208.jpeg

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

A few critiques…

Solarium in beautiful!  Plenty of open loungers when we walked through…even at peak times. Could it be due to the lack of climate control?  My experience on S and M class ships is that the solarium temperature was cooler than the outside pool deck. Not the case currently on Ascent. The solarium is quite warm with no airflow. I did see a few open windows, though. Therefore, we found some loungers on one of the upper decks in a nice shady location. Breeze was wonderful. 

My other critique is of the gym. The equipment is first class and easy to operate. Since we went around 3 pm to avoid the morning rush, we were met with blazing sun through the windows. Most of the machines face the windows for the ocean view but the sun was so intense it was hard to keep my eyes open..not to mention it was hot. I seem to recall on the other classes there were/are semitransparent shades that can be lowered to help block out the sun. There are none on Ascent. 

IMG_6217.jpeg

IMG_6216.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, CunucuMom said:

SV photos for anyone who may be interested.  AC shuts off when door is unlocked so I guess I may need to lock DH outside when I'm getting ready for dinner.  🤣🤣  And our wonderful brother Captains.

20231122_110612.jpg

20231122_110756.jpg

20231123_125446.jpg

20231123_104607.jpg

we like the sv size plus a nice outdoor balc..also prefer it as shown bed by bath..gives a nice hang out area with a view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

do you know the cost and for how many?  we are only 2 but maybe nice for a roll call party??

thanks for great pics and tips..

Will remember. to go to  the gym early or when sun is not an issue!

and, if our roll call gets to the Sunset terrace area early it might be a  good spot for Sailaway.  That bar was a Zoo on Beyond, making the party undoable .

I also have another spot in mind that I think is near Luminae. but.have to look at the deck plan for name and exact location.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CunucuMom said:

SV photos for anyone who may be interested.  AC shuts off when door is unlocked so I guess I may need to lock DH outside when I'm getting ready for dinner.  🤣🤣  And our wonderful brother Captains.

20231122_110612.jpg

20231122_110756.jpg

20231123_125446.jpg

20231123_104607.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing photos of the SV. Is there a table or lounge chairs on the balcony? Would love to he able to recline. 

40 minutes ago, CunucuMom said:

20231122_110612.jpg

20231122_110756.jpg

20231123_125446.jpg

20231123_104607.jpg

Great pics! What cabin are you in? We have an SV next year, 8334.

1 hour ago, CunucuMom said:

20231122_110612.jpg

20231122_110756.jpg

20231123_125446.jpg

20231123_104607.jpg

Very interested in your SV photos. We are booked on the Ascent in February and this will be our first time on X. We are booked in a SV which I think we were lucky to get. Would you please post a photo of the bathroom? TIA

A few critiques…

Solarium in beautiful!  Plenty of open loungers when we walked through…even at peak times. Could it be due to the lack of climate control?  My experience on S and M class ships is that the solarium temperature was cooler than the outside pool deck. Not the case currently on Ascent. The solarium is quite warm with no airflow. I did see a few open windows, though. Therefore, we found some loungers on one of the upper decks in a nice shady location. Breeze was wonderful. 

My other critique is of the gym. The equipment is first class and easy to operate. Since we went around 3 pm to avoid the morning rush, we were met with blazing sun through the windows. Most of the machines face the windows for the ocean view but the sun was so intense it was hard to keep my eyes open..not to mention it was hot. I seem to recall on the other classes there were/are semitransparent shades that can be lowered to help block out the sun. There are none on Ascent. 

IMG_6217.jpeg

IMG_6216.jpeg

The Gym:  Yes, it can get not only hot, but with the sun blazing in, I have had to wear my sunglasses doing cardio, even around 9:30 AM.  Much of the equipment is slated for larger people and a little cumbersome to operate until you get used to it.  I have to be very careful at 5’1," but the rowing machines work quite well for an almost all body workout and are easy to operate.  Throughout the day, many of the performers are staying in shape with their personal workouts.  My DH really enjoys conversing with them...yes, bring on some blinds, please!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

The Gym:  Yes, it can get not only hot, but with the sun blazing in, I have had to wear my sunglasses doing cardio, even around 9:30 AM.  Much of the equipment is slated for larger people and a little cumbersome to operate until you get used to it.  I have to be very careful at 5’1," but the rowing machines work quite well for an almost all body workout and are easy to operate.  Throughout the day, many of the performers are staying in shape with their personal workouts.  My DH really enjoys conversing with them...yes, bring on some blinds, please!

we do treadmills or similar, and weight/ resistance machines a few times each  cruise.....have to keep our aging muscles firm!

never tried the row..maybe I will..

best to do the routines early or easy to skip! 

We are  booked in AQ and I wss asked to pick 2 items for our cabin..hard to recall but probably bands and weights / lite kettle ball.  Wonder if X will follow thru

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

have to be very careful at 5’1," but the rowing machines work quite well for an almost all body workout and are easy to operate.  Throughout the day, many of the performers are staying in shape

Sadly, and much to DH’s disappointment, there is no rowing machine on Ascent. 

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

31 minutes ago, ChiosFan said:

Thanks for all the great posts!   Following along in ATL…..On the ship the 10th.

Have you seen the thermal suite?   I am hoping they have added a whirlpool to the area.   

Have a great cruise!

lol I use to manufacture  and sell rowing clothing!

• Haha 1

Oh my gosh...I wonder why not?  They were used so much.  Obviously, the decision-maker didn’t know, or maybe care, about how much those were used.  I just shared that with my DH and he said...what???  “No row; no go!” 🫥

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

we do treadmills or similar, and weight/ resistance machines a few times each  cruise.....have to keep our aging muscles firm!

never tried the row..maybe I will..

best to do the routines early or easy to skip! 

We are  booked in AQ and I wss asked to pick 2 items for our cabin..hard to recall but probably bands and weights / lite kettle ball.  Wonder if X will follow thru

Exactly...we find that to be so true when Celebrity’s asks for our information.🙃

1 hour ago, ChiosFan said:

Thanks for all the great posts!   Following along in ATL…..On the ship the 10th.

Have you seen the thermal suite?   I am hoping they have added a whirlpool to the area.   

Have a great cruise!

Thank you!  
Yes, we toured the thermal suite. No whirlpool. It’s lovely but at $89 for a one time pass we decided to skip it. 

3 hours ago, hcat said:

thanks for great pics and tips..

Will remember. to go to  the gym early or when sun is not an issue!

and, if our roll call gets to the Sunset terrace area early it might be a  good spot for Sailaway.  That bar was a Zoo on Beyond, making the party undoable .

I also have another spot in mind that I think is near Luminae. but.have to look at the deck plan for name and exact location.

The sunset terrace area would definitely be ideal for a sail away gathering for your roll call. Sounds like you e got a good one going on!