Msc Seaview / lost luggage!!!

MariaPet

MSC lost our luggage during disembarkation at Barcelona. We didn't receive one of our suitcases at the port. I still haven't received any updates from the company. I opened my request with lost and found on 7/10 (the day they lost the luggage), but they never responded. When I reached their sales team by phone (they even have no customer support phone), after 20 minutes of research, the operator informed me that my case is in progress. She mentioned that as soon as her colleagues finish, they will contact me. When I asked about the timeline, the operator said she does not know.

Awful customer service and support!

I'm unable to open an insurance case, as the insurance company requires proof that MSC refused to pay compensation.

During the cruise, we enjoyed our time, and everything was nice. However, this lost luggage incident and the company's subsequent reaction just spoiled everything. Please be aware of this company and think twice before buying their cruises.

1 hour ago, MariaPet said:

the operator said she does not know.

How exactly she supposed to know when it will be finished? they are looking for your luggage ,they open the case ,what you want them to do to be "good service"? They did not refused to pay yet anything . Most probable stollen in port, Barcelona known city for that. 

Just an idea, in US when lost luggage the cruise line blamed the port staying it got off the ship and after that the port contractor is responsible. I don't know how it is handled in Barcelona but you might want to contact the port as well. 

I won't go into the finger-pointing that ensued and how the heck did the cruise line knew it got off the ship it is not like the airport where they scan the luggage tags when it comes off the plane. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

How exactly she supposed to know when it will be finished? they are looking for your luggage ,they open the case ,what you want them to do to be "good service"? They did not refused to pay yet anything . Most probable stollen in port, Barcelona known city for that. 

Actually 1,5 months already gone 🙂 i suppose it is more than enough to find or accept that it is lost. 
I want them to give me some updates, timelines and further steps to expect from them, this is something that will make me clear vision. Even simple “sorry” email none sent me 🤡

It is not just MSC. We are sailing on MSC in January and plan on carrying off our luggage. We got off the Celebrity Constellation on October 21 in Rome. One of our bags was missing. Celebrity’s   response was, “it happens all the time, don’t worry you will get it back.” Celebrity uses a company called Chargerback.com where you put in your information. No one to talk to. We did get a report at the terminal to use for insurance. They still have not located the luggage. Now I know why people carry off their luggage. Unfortunately I plan on doing this from now on,

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MariaPet said:

MSC lost our luggage during disembarkation at Barcelona. We didn't receive one of our suitcases at the port. I still haven't received any updates from the company. I opened my request with lost and found on 7/10 (the day they lost the luggage), but they never responded. When I reached their sales team by phone (they even have no customer support phone), after 20 minutes of research, the operator informed me that my case is in progress. She mentioned that as soon as her colleagues finish, they will contact me. When I asked about the timeline, the operator said she does not know.

I'm unable to open an insurance case, as the insurance company requires proof that MSC refused to pay compensation.

During the cruise, we enjoyed our time, and everything was nice. However, this lost luggage incident and the company's subsequent reaction just spoiled everything. Please be aware of this company and think twice before buying their cruises.

Likely another guest grabbed your suitcase. You will likely not hear anything.  Reason to never check your bags. 

• Like 1

Stealing luggage is pretty low.  Most people know to carry off their jewelry,  electronics,  cash and other valuables.  So what can they get?  Dirty clothes?  Used luggage?  Cheap souvenirs?   Why would a port worker risk their job for such a low reward?  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Stealing luggage is pretty low.  Most people know to carry off their jewelry,  electronics,  cash and other valuables.  So what can they get?  Dirty clothes?  Used luggage?  Cheap souvenirs?   Why would a port worker risk their job for such a low reward?  

I don't think that someone intentionally stole the luggage; my guess is that another guest grabbed a bag in error and got to their taxi or even airport and then realized it.  Maybe husband didn't realize that wife already had the look-alike 21" rolling black bag..  Rather than trying to do the right thing they abandoned the case.  Just my guess.