Black Friday Drink Package Discount

newtocruiseinblue

I just booked a cruise on the Ascent in March 2024 and got the all-included package with the classic drinks included.  If I order the Premium package today during the Black Friday promotion with I just be charged the difference?

Thank you

Edited by Nomad91

1 hour ago, Nomad91 said:

I just booked a cruise on the Ascent in March 2024 and got the all-included package with the classic drinks included.  If I order the Premium package today during the Black Friday promotion with I just be charged the difference?

Thank you

You need to order the “upgrade to premium” package. Full price is usually $20 pppd but heavily discounted just now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just upgraded my drink package for my Jan. 2025 Ascent cruise for $6.99pp/pd. The original price was $15.00, then it went to $13.99. For the $1.00 discount, I passed, but just for ha has, I went to the site tonight, and wala, it was $6.99 so I grabbed it, very confident it won't go down any further. If it does by some miracle, I'll just cancel and rebook. It was all done with OBC.,

• Like 1

14 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I just upgraded my drink package for my Jan. 2025 Ascent cruise for $6.99pp/pd. The original price was $15.00, then it went to $13.99. For the $1.00 discount, I passed, but just for ha has, I went to the site tonight, and wala, it was $6.99 so I grabbed it, very confident it won't go down any further. If it does by some miracle, I'll just cancel and rebook. It was all done with OBC.,

I did the same for our cruise next July. I think it was $201.00 total (after taxes added) to upgrade two packages on a 12 night cruise. This year I upgraded two packages before our 14 night cruise. It was $561.00. I guess I should have paid better attention to the loads of emails we constantly get. Happy cruising!

We get the Classic included… is it worth upgrading to Premium? It’s $6.99pppd to upgrade at the mo. 

I drink Aperol Spritz, and Pinot Grigio. Perhaps a few frozen margaritas… are they covered by the Classic please?  I know you can pay the difference & tips 

Edited by little britain

21 minutes ago, little britain said:

We get the Classic included… is it worth upgrading to Premium? It’s $6.99pppd to upgrade at the mo. 

I drink Aperol Spritz, and Pinot Grigio. Perhaps a few frozen margaritas… are they covered by the Classic please?  I know you can pay the difference & tips 

I know Aperol Spritz isn’t included in the classic package. Not sure about the other two

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, coaster said:

Price varies. $39.99 for classic and $47.99 for premium on our Constellation cruise in 2 weeks.

I was hoping for that price on the summit at the end of this year, but so far no luck. I’ve been checking but pricing hasn’t moved.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ckck said:

I was hoping for that price on the summit at the end of this year, but so far no luck. I’ve been checking but pricing hasn’t moved.

Cruise length and age of ship makes a difference. This is a 12 nighter. Also, ships from Tampa seem to have better prices on drink packages on Royal and Celebrity. Older crowd it seems after sailing from here the last 20 some years that don't buy drink packages as much. Other ports from Florida seem to charge more.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I'm struggling with the same type of questions.  We had the classic included with our initial cruise purchase and now for 184.00 for an 11 day cruise we can upgrade to Premium.  We don't really drink much and have a bunch of OBC so I am really wondering if its worth it.  The one thing that I am using to convince myself that it is a good deal is that all the drinks are going to be more expensive in 2025 when our booked cruise departs and for the price we pay today it will probably be worth it. 

The other thing is that cruise lines are being forced to come up with new ways to increase revenue to overcome losses in the past 2 years and bring shareholders back and the trend seems to be everything "a la carte".  So by 2025 we could see possible changes like coffees no longer being included in the classic beverage package or instead of paying the difference in the drink prices, if its not included you have to pay full price.  If i could see the future and for those reasons I would buy the upgrade today.

PS - Aperol Spritz was 1 or 2$ more than the price that the classic package covered back before covid based on other postings i have read.  So I am assuming it still trends that way.  I have seen some Pinot Grigio on menu's here that are less than 10$ - https://profcruise.com/celebrity-bar-menus-2023/#cellar

Edited by wilmingtech

2 hours ago, little britain said:

I usually stick with the classic package, but have upgraded 3 upcoming cruises to premium for just over £6 per day. I figured if I have 1 martini or 1 juice from the spa cafe a day, it would cover the cost. I had OBC to spend, so didn’t feel like it was spending my own money, which helped too. 

@wilmingtech on the fence too!! Part of me says one Aperol a day at $2.40 upcharge over 12n is only $28.80 ( as I usually drink g&t so not even guaranteed to have a daily spritz!!) 

Also 12n 2025 cruise so your comments about cutbacks or even cheaper house hooch in the Classic which forces you to buy the better quality stuff!!

It’s $201.12 to upgrade but with obc it brings it down to $98.   I know DH likes a good martini or a lemon drop on some evenings…. But that would leave us no obc to buy specialty restaurants… 

#firstworldproblems I know but what should a gal do 🤷‍♀️!!! 

2 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I don’t see many Black Friday sales at least for my two 5 night cruises for March and April.

No $30 and $40 drink packages.

We didn't book any drink packages because we were waiting for Black Friday sales.

where do I find the discounts or is it per the cruise?

Yes per cruise. On the website go in to Manage Trip then Manage Reservation. Select your upcoming cruise and then drinks. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

Does anyone know when the Black Friday Drink Packages end.  I need to speak with a agent since my hisband does not drink so I need to purchase one alcholic and one non-alcholic which I can only due by calling.

From the e-mail I received today:
Book now to get the vacation you want. Our Cyber Event ends December 5.

• Like 1