A taste of Vision of the Seas

Mittens101

This is our second cruise on royal Caribbean and our first out of Baltimore. As a great surprise my sis and her husband decided to join us about a month ago.
Still stuffed to the gills from our Thanksgiving feast, early this morning we finished our last minute packing and started our journey to get to the port of Baltimore around 10:15. Grabbing a quick Uber and arriving within 15 minutes, we cleared security and were on board by 11am and at the buffet by 11:30. The food was good but the lines were huge as only one side was open at that point. I had the best french fries I’ve ever eaten in my life and the mashed potatoes were incredible. Hubby had a burger and fries. The coconut cookies were a hit with our party. 
I think dinner was the best meal I’ve had in quite awhile. I’ll let you view our photos and you decide for yourself. 

IMG_2677.jpeg

IMG_2679.jpeg

IMG_2680.jpeg

IMG_2681.jpeg

IMG_2682.jpeg

IMG_2684.jpeg

IMG_2685.jpeg

IMG_2686.jpeg

IMG_2687.jpeg

IMG_2688.jpeg

IMG_2689.jpeg

IMG_2690.jpeg

IMG_2674.jpeg

• Like 7

Following along, will go, in APRIL. First time out of Baltimore, but it will be easier because we can drive. It will be the first time on this ship., our cruise was  canceled on September 23 because of the hurricane.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mittens101 said:

How was the crossing 

Fantastic.  Vision was in Aug/Sept. 2017 (Copenhagen to Cape Liberty with stops in Denmark, Norway, Scotland, Iceland, and Canada).  Also did the Voyager Artic Crossing (including Greenland!) in Sept 2022.  Plus eight "regular" transatlantics (Star Princess, Azamara Journey, Celebrity Constellation, Quantum, Anthem x 4).  Two more scheduled for 2024. 

• Like 2

Yes, Baltimore is very easy boarding. Would you fly in (BWI), or drive?  There have been some previous posts from cruisers in your area who drove.  Trinity Reservations can provide hotel advice, including which have shuttles, etc., if you arrive a day or two before.  And Vision cruises are nice because they are a bit longer than some, and itinerary varies from week to week.

• Like 2

The food looks good. Can you tell us how it tastes and if it comes out hot or at least warm. How is the service? Are you dining early, late or my time? Inquiring minds want to know. 😏

Love reading these real time reviews.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HERDFAN said:

The food looks good. Can you tell us how it tastes and if it comes out hot or at least warm. How is the service? Are you dining early, late or my time? Inquiring minds want to know. 😏

Love reading these real time reviews.

We are in the 5:15 early dining. Main dining room food has been excellent. Buffett is hit or miss. French fries and mashed potatoes were the best we’ve ever had. Made to order omelettes are my favorite breakfast so far. Perfect taste and temperature. They give you a little buzzer that goes off when it’s ready. Either you or the server pick up the omelette. Desserts in the buffet look okay some are good some not so much. The coconut cookies are to die for. Oh and the cheesecake in mdr is incredible. 
Crew is exceptional going the extra mile to make sure we are getting outstanding service. Giovanni’s table was delicious, fresh and way too much food. We purchased the pre Black Friday lunch special a few weeks ago and everything was so much more appetizing than we expected. 
I'm vegetarian and my travel partners are not. I’ve been ordering the vegan option each night. On the evenings they serve eggplant they adjust my menu option a bit to accommodate for an eggplant allergy. The meat eaters in my group have ordered beef, salmon, seafood and everything has been wonderful and has arrived the perfect temperature. My sis has some allergies to spices and they have been great working through special accommodations with her menu as well. 

We had sailed out of Baltimore 19 years ago. Couldn’t remember embarcation but did remember the Maryland crab cakes we ate at our hotel.  We drove down then in October 2004 and would do the same. Glad to hear even now it is an easy port to use and parking is more reasonable than New Jersey or Miami. 
We sailed on Grandeur last winter and found the crew so nice. 

• Like 1

Just did Vision November 4th to 16th.  Very happy with every meal in MDR.  Only item of note is that they ran out of things, like iced tea, on the last day.   I could only surmise that it was because it was a 12 nighter.  Would definitely go on Vision again.  And would say 12 days of MDR breakfast with same menu was a stretch.  Enjoy!

• Like 1