Anyone in a Sky Suite thinking to go down a level?

zitsky

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

We asked for it specifically, so they prepared it for us on Chick Night.  Neither one of us eats lobster and I am allergic to it!  

I made the mistake of joking with a waitress at a restaurant that I was allergic to (really don’t like) green beans and cauliflower.  So every time we go back they ask about my food “allergies”.  

Oh well.  Me and my big mouth as my dad would say.  😭

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I made the mistake of joking with a waitress at a restaurant that I was allergic to (really don’t like) green beans and cauliflower.  So every time we go back they ask about my food “allergies”.  

Oh well.  Me and my big mouth as my dad would say.  😭

Asking about food allergies has become pretty common in many if not most restaurants. This "may" have been your comment, but we were asked both times we ate at Sushi on 5, and maybe Tuscan. I don't remember if they did asked the first day in Luminae. We get asked all the time eating out in DC and NYC.

Sometimes sarcasm can get you in trouble...  😱

Over 10 years ago I took my first cruise with Celebrity and was totally hooked. I had never experienced anything like it. Fellow travelers, who had been Celebrity customers for some time, were already wistfully talking about the „good old days“.

I have now arrived at this point. It's not just that Celebrity is constantly raising prices. I understand that. But in addition, Celebrity drastically limits its performances. For me, a critical point has been reached this year. Because now the selection and the quality of the food is no longer right. And that's what the former "modern luxury cruise line" was once known for.

I have the faint hope that the new CEO is capable of learning. On a trip, many customers must have made it unmistakably clear to her that the reduction of the offer in the MDR was a mistake. She has reversed this wrong decision. Although I found the way this happened (video on YouTube) extremely embarrassing. Actually, a CEO should know what her customers expect. Otherwise, it's just out of place. But she is still young and hopefully capable of learning.

In recent years, different pricing models have been used to increase profits. Doesn't seem to have gone down too well with customers. Celebrity probably haven't found the right measure yet. At the moment I have only booked the cruise. The extras are of no interest to me. As an "Elite Plus", the free minutes on the Internet and a glass of wine per day are enough for me. Especially since only well-drinkable industrial wines are offered on board. A really good wine is priceless here.

But all the complaining doesn't help. I am sure that other companies behave in a similar way. After more than 25 cruises with Celebrity, I decided to try something different. „Other mothers also have beautiful daughters“. Let's see how it turns out.

By the way, I never used the butler in the sky suite. Book all extras before the start of a cruise. Love it, it’s fun for me.

I want to thank you guys for complaining loud and clear. Someone is listening.  We were able to book a new release Sky Suite on a 19 day TransPacific for $450 more pp than a balcony + classic drinks.  We’re very happy!   First time in a suite on Celebrity.  

Edited by Cruise Junky
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I want to thank you guys for complaining loud and clear. Someone is listening.  We were able to book a new release Sky Suite on a 19 day TransPacific for $450 more pp than a balcony + classic drinks.  We’re very happy!   First time in a suite on Celebrity.  

If you don't mind, which ship and sail date, please.  😊