Amex Offer

kmcgann21

I don't have Platinum or Gold, but I do have 4 other Amex cards, I recently got a Cunard, Royal Caribbean, and Regent offer. 

Best advice I can give on any of these offers, being for cruise or anything else, if you see something you think you might remotely use, add it to your card. You never know how long the offer will be there, although the expiration date for the offer may be a couple of months. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ORV said:

I don't have Platinum or Gold, but I do have 4 other Amex cards, I recently got a Cunard, Royal Caribbean, and Regent offer. 

Best advice I can give on any of these offers, being for cruise or anything else, if you see something you think you might remotely use, add it to your card. You never know how long the offer will be there, although the expiration date for the offer may be a couple of months. 

Agreed! I was pretty excited to be getting ready to make my final payment and get an extra 50,000 points out of it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

We put down a larger deposit to get the extra AMEX points. It's refundable except for the $150pp cancellation fee, so I decided why not.

If you cancel the charge with your credit card company, they are fully within their rights to claw back the points.  And probably will.  So that "refundable" isn't the freebie that you may think it is.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just activated an offer on my White Everyday card for 20,000 membership points for $1000 spend on Oceania. Since I have a final coming due next month it will work out great for me. I like free money and free points. 

Better check your cards, I have a lowly card with no annual fee. The only time I use it is when an offer like this comes along.  I'd think better cards would have even better offers. 

While Amex offer sounds attractive, not always the case.  Consider a person having an AMEX Platinum and a Chase Sapphire Reserve or Preferred.  Amex offers a $200   credit for spending $1000 on O.  But with Chase you would get up to $20,000 in insurance (cancellation or interruption) where AMEX Platinum only gives $10,000.  So, what is that additional $10,000 of Chase insurance worth?

Lots of different deals out in the world

Hnak

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hlitner said:

While Amex offer sounds attractive, not always the case.  Consider a person having an AMEX Platinum and a Chase Sapphire Reserve or Preferred.  Amex offers a $200   credit for spending $1000 on O.  But with Chase you would get up to $20,000 in insurance (cancellation or interruption) where AMEX Platinum only gives $10,000.  So, what is that additional $10,000 of Chase insurance worth?

Lots of different deals out in the world

Hnak

I believe that you can do a split payment and still get the full Chase insurance.  At least the terms and conditions at Chase read that way the last time that I looked.  

16 hours ago, Horsesrus01 said:

Thanks, I was targeted and added it to my card but have not made the partial payment yet on my existing reservation.

Yes. Yesterday we added the promo to our card, and made a $1000 payment towards an existing booking. Immediately got an email saying "Good News! You used this AmEx offer:" 

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 11:52 AM, Horsesrus01 said:

Does anyone know if the $200 off of $1000 is for new bookings only or will the credit be given if making a payment on an existing booking that has not been paid in full?

Just updating my post and all of the affirmative responses were correct. I made a $1000 payment to Oceania for a cruise I had already booked prior to the offer but not paid in full. The $200 credit was applied within 3 days. Thanks to everyone for responding.

• Like 1