Next Cruise booking change

neuro0

Hi all,

I have a next Cruise booking that have a non-refundable deposit that I can't go. My understanding is I can change it for $100 person per change. If I don't have a sailing in mind when I make the change, I will get a FCC (deposit minus the change fee $100) per person. 

Does it sound right? I transferred my booking to an agency already, does it change the term of the booking? 

I just having a hard time from the agency.  They claim I will not get any FCC at all if I cancel. I already have a new booking for the same ship but different date.  I asked them if they could just transfer the remaining funds into it. They said they have to ask RCCL about this. 

I am willing to cancel the new booking in order to use my deposit, since there is no fee and deposit is refundable.

🤞. Hopefully RCCL will come through and honor the original terms.

Transferring to a different sailing and cancelling completely have different rules.    While technically they cancel you and move you to a different sailing they don't treat that like a total cancelation.   This might be part of the confusion with your agency.

• Like 1

If I can't go on a July 2024 cruise (non refundable deposit no FCC used) and the sailing date for the one I want hasn't been released yet can I get an FCC and will it be less the $100 pp change fee?

Or is it better to apply the funds to a May 2024 already booked cruise.

Edited by Ashland

3 hours ago, neuro0 said:

Hi all,

I have a next Cruise booking that have a non-refundable deposit that I can't go. My understanding is I can change it for $100 person per change. If I don't have a sailing in mind when I make the change, I will get a FCC (deposit minus the change fee $100) per person.

Did you do an open booking or pick a specific sail date for the Next Cruise booking?

A next cruise non-suite booking has a $100pp deposit.  So, cancelling or transferring prior to final payment should both have the same result ... losing $100pp.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

If I can't go on a July 2024 cruise (non refundable deposit no FCC used) and the sailing date for the one I want hasn't been released yet can I get an FCC and will it be less the $100 pp change fee?

Unless it's some unique situation, they no longer issue FCCs for cancelled bookings prior to final payment.  Cancelling a booking prior to final payment forfeits the entire deposit.  Transferring a booking prior to final payment forfeits $100pp (change fee).

I don't know the rules for transferring funds to an existing booking.

Edited by Another_Critic
Turned off the bold text. :)

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

No you can't get an FCC and the money can't be applied to an existing sailing.  The reservation MUDST be transferred to a different ship and sail date keeping the reservation number intact.

44 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No you can't get an FCC and the money can't be applied to an existing sailing.  The reservation MUDST be transferred to a different ship and sail date keeping the reservation number intact.

So I'll have no choice but to transfer it to a new booking...This is the first time I've ever been in this position. Thank you for your reply.

Just checked and I have until FPD in April 2024 so hopefully the schedule for Canada N/E will come out in Feb 2024.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone! Cleared up my confusion.

My original booking is a suite with 3 people (dad, mom, child), $250 deposit pp. Will it work if I just cancel my newly created booking since there is no cancellation fee and with refundable deposit, then I can change the original suite  booking into the one I want, exactly like "the cancelled newly created booking"?

What happens if my change will result in only mom and dad in the new booking? Child will have a new booking with someone else not in the original booking. Can I keep my child deposit after the change?

Anyone have experience about this?

30 minutes ago, neuro0 said:

My original booking is a suite with 3 people (dad, mom, child), $250 deposit pp. Will it work if I just cancel my newly created booking since there is no cancellation fee and with refundable deposit...

Are you sure about the refundable deposit? I am pretty sure they don't offer a refundable deposit option for suite bookings. 

Edit: Maybe I misread. The suite deposit is not refundable, you are saying the other deposit is refundable. But if that is a nextCruise booking I think NextCruise deposits are not refundable. 

Edited by SG65CB
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, neuro0 said:

Thanks everyone! Cleared up my confusion.

My original booking is a suite with 3 people (dad, mom, child), $250 deposit pp. Will it work if I just cancel my newly created booking since there is no cancellation fee and with refundable deposit, then I can change the original suite  booking into the one I want, exactly like "the cancelled newly created booking"?

What happens if my change will result in only mom and dad in the new booking? Child will have a new booking with someone else not in the original booking. Can I keep my child deposit after the change?

Anyone have experience about this?

Suites are all non refundable.  Cancelation will result in the loss of the entire deposit

6 hours ago, SG65CB said:

But if that is a nextCruise booking I think NextCruise deposits are not refundable.

While most next cruise bookings are non refundable if you pick a specific ship and sail date, pay the full deposit and ask for a refundable rate you can get a refundable next cruise booking, you do get less OBC for the booking though.

8 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Are you sure about the refundable deposit? I am pretty sure they don't offer a refundable deposit option for suite bookings. 

Edit: Maybe I misread. The suite deposit is not refundable, you are saying the other deposit is refundable. But if that is a nextCruise booking I think NextCruise deposits are not refundable. 

The newly created booking ( not the next cruise) deposits is refundable.

Will I encounter issues if I cancel the booking I want now and subsequently change my next cruise booking into that exactly same sailing? I am doing this to satisfy the RCCL conditions of changing ( by keeping the same booking number).

5 minutes ago, neuro0 said:

Will I encounter issues if I cancel the booking I want now and subsequently change my next cruise booking into that exactly same sailing? I am doing this to satisfy the RCCL conditions of changing ( by keeping the same booking number).

As long as you switch a booking to a new ship/sailing it doesn't matter if you'd had that sailing booked under another booking. The RCI system even allows booking the same ship twice.

On 11/27/2023 at 1:22 PM, neuro0 said:

Hi all,

Does it sound right? I transferred my booking to an agency already, does it change the term of the booking? 

I just having a hard time from the agency.  They claim I will not get any FCC at all if I cancel. I already have a new booking for the same ship but different date.  I asked them if they could just transfer the remaining funds into it. They said they have to ask RCCL about this. 

I am willing to cancel the new booking in order to use my deposit, since there is no fee and deposit is refundable.

You almost need a lawyer to review these cruise contracts these days. They are not very customer friendly. 

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 11/28/2023 at 3:08 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

While most next cruise bookings are non refundable if you pick a specific ship and sail date, pay the full deposit and ask for a refundable rate you can get a refundable next cruise booking, you do get less OBC for the booking though.

I'm calling RC again tomorrow in hopes of locating the right agent.  I've done Next Cruise refundable future bookings for specific ships and when trying to change to a different ship/sail date, agent insists a $100 fee is appropriate and that Next Cruise bookings are NEVER refundable. Checked with and confirmed by supervisor.  One that I already changed shows they've added the $100 fee and I didn't realize until I saw invoice 😠

Edited by MindyJohn

3 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

I'm calling RC again tomorrow in hopes of locating the right agent.  I've done Next Cruise refundable future bookings for specific ships and when trying to change to a different ship/sail date, agent insists a $100 fee is appropriate and that Next Cruise bookings are NEVER refundable. Checked with and confirmed by supervisor.  One that I already changed shows they've added the $100 fee and I didn't realize until I saw invoice 😠

I run into that as well from time to time but just keep asking for a different resolutions agent.  It is easy enough to see as you have paid the full deposit.  The only issue could be if the next cruise agent screwed up and did charge the full deposit but did the booking as a non refundable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only issue could be if the next cruise agent screwed up and did charge the full deposit but did the booking as a non refundable.

That happened to me, but luckily I caught it and had it corrected the next day, while still on board.

• Like 1