OBC PROMO REDUCED AFTER ADDING PRINCESS PLUS

victory2020

I added Princess plus to a reservation I am about to make final payment on & noticed that our "obc promotion" was reduced by $25 pp. I can't be sure that it was done after adding Plus, but I don't know how that would affect any OBC or anything regarding reservation. I have proof  of higher OBC on my final payment email but they say they have to "look into it". Has this happened to anyone else?

• Host CJSKIDS changed the title to OBC PROMO REDUCED AFTER ADDING PRINCESS PLUS
3 hours ago, Coral said:

How did you add it? Did you switch rate codes (called someone and changed the fare) or did you just add it within the Personalizer?

I had to call to add it. It doesn't make sense that the obc would be reduced from $75 to $50pp. Nothing was changed besides the addition of princess plus 

• Like 1

Perhaps the Plus is not a separate item to be added like a drink package.  It is a choice of rate/fare? And you made a change and the prevailing rates/OBC apply.

Just  a guess. The Plus does not show as a separate charge, but a standalone beverage package would.

Does the higher Plus dummy booking show the higher of lower OBC if it was a new booking?

Edited by jagoffee

6 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I had to call to add it. It doesn't make sense that the obc would be reduced from $75 to $50pp. Nothing was changed besides the addition of princess plus 

It is possible they changed the rate code and that would adjust the rate to the current promo which could include less OBC. Each promo have 3 rate codes (standard, plus and premier). 

If they did adjust the rate code - this would make sense as you may have changed promos. You then received the current promo (which could have been the same price but with less OBC)

You could have gone within the Personalizer and just added Plus on your own and that would not have changed the rate code. This would have been the better way to add it. Or to add it on the ship.

It could also be something like stock holder OBC fell off and you need to re-add it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coral said:

It is possible they changed the rate code and that would adjust the rate to the current promo which could include less OBC. Each promo have 3 rate codes (standard, plus and premier). 

If they did adjust the rate code - this would make sense as you may have changed promos. You then received the current promo (which could have been the same price but with less OBC)

You could have gone within the Personalizer and just added Plus on your own and that would not have changed the rate code. This would have been the better way to add it. Or to add it on the ship.

It could also be something like stock holder OBC fell off and you need to re-add it.

I would have added it myself but it said to call to add. There is no OBC offer at this time for the cruise, otherwise I would have thought that was the issue. No one at Princess can see what happened

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Perhaps the Plus is not a separate item to be added like a drink package.  It is a choice of rate/fare? And you made a change and the prevailing rates/OBC apply.

Just  a guess. The Plus does not show as a separate charge, but a standalone beverage package would.

Does the higher Plus dummy booking show the higher of lower OBC if it was a new booking?

There is no OBC offered on this cruise at this time so it's strange the amount would change

I had a recent cruise where two of us booked a cabin with Princess Plus and two people booked without. The cabin with Princess Plus received a $400 credit ($200 per person) and the one without received $600 ($300 per person). It was the same cruise and the same travel agency. 

It’s too bad that Princess hasn’t been able to give you an answer. Anyway, the credits can vary depending on upon what you have booked.

• Thanks 1

Most likely different promo codes that automatically applies (or entered by TA) depending on the package you choose to give you the best rate/offer. This happens to me often when i'm booking vegas hotels with promo codes. I think its to prevent double dipping offers/promos.  

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

I had a recent cruise where two of us booked a cabin with Princess Plus and two people booked without. The cabin with Princess Plus received a $400 credit ($200 per person) and the one without received $600 ($300 per person). It was the same cruise and the same travel agency. 

It’s too bad that Princess hasn’t been able to give you an answer. Anyway, the credits can vary depending on upon what you have booked.

That's very interesting!

• Like 1