distilled water

khewston

If you need it for a CPAP or other medical reason, you can bring it onboard with your medical equipment. Otherwise you can call room service once onboard and buy it by the gallon. I do not know the price, guessing probably $5/gallon.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mz-s said:

If you need it for a CPAP or other medical reason, you can bring it onboard with your medical equipment. Otherwise you can call room service once onboard and buy it by the gallon. I do not know the price, guessing probably $5/gallon.

Thank you!

As a CPAP user (if that is what you're asking for) for many years and many cruises, I never worry about distilled water on a cruise. The ships water is just fine for that short a period of time. Why pay $5 bucks for a gallon of water when you will toss most of it down the drain at the end of the trip. JMHO

• Like 3

14 hours ago, khewston said:

Going to need distilled water for my next cruise.  Is this available on the ship?

You can call Carnival Fun shops 1-800-522-7648 prior to the cruise and they will have it waiting in your room for you or go to Guest Services once on board but the truth is we were always throwing so much away and I always order bottled water anyways and use it for the cruise

Edited by dbrucern

While on the Freedom "ask the crew" session (Oct TA) they said the main source of potable water was from the "evaporators" . While in dry dock they added a reverse osmosis system to supplement the evaporators. Can you assume that evaporated water is virtually the same as distilled? If so the tap water should be fine for any CPAP

Evaporated water would be distilled yes, but they also add chlorine and elements to the drinking water supply. So while the water that comes out of the tap in your room is evaporated, it is no longer pure distilled water.

My husband brought 1 liter but didn’t have enough for our 8 night cruise last week so we ordered it through room service and it was $3.54 for a gallon. We decided going forward we will just order it from room service on the first day. 

When I board I simply ask the room steward for the distilled water.  It appears later in the room and I get charged.  However the ~$4 charge is not worth brining my own. and yes after a cruise there is always water left over.  Distilled water is not good to drink and after a period will result in problems.  Other cruise lines that we go on provide the distilled water for medical equipment in a one gallon container.