Constellation: Love the ship

ArgoNereus

On 12/5/2023 at 4:11 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

On the TA,  people tested + for Covid and influenza A , I bet RSV was also going around 

So true, it's been a couple weeks since we got off the ship and my husband is still struggling with some kind of sinus infection.  Many people were coughing when we got on the ship in Rome, and by the time we got to Tampa, there were many many more.

On 12/5/2023 at 9:15 AM, tjunmin said:

Thanks for the clarification.

What would you say is the percentage of people wearing masks on cruise ships these days?

I've seen very few, 7 or 8 people but I may be seeing the same ones in various locations.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 8:53 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Connie is nice ship , nicer than E class but I prefer S class  ships 

Cold , Covid , influenza A has been on the ship since at least October 30 , I wonder if that has something to do with the slow service , bet a lot of the crew is sick 

The only time we have had slow service was on prime rib night  We were told too many people ordered it.  I'm sure their computer models would suggest that the craving for beef should have had them prepared for the menu choice. 

The only coughing I've heard is from the concierge in Michael's and unfortunately from my wife.

The Reflection lounge during trivias has not been interrupted by pax coughing.

On 12/5/2023 at 11:58 AM, JDPCruisers said:

We're boarding this weekend for our first time on Connie and sailing out of Tampa, and unclear on what terminal does she sail out of? Thanks.

Terminal 3 is the new location rather than 6 which was used before.  #3 experience was great.  We were onboard before 11

20 hours ago, Cruise2840 said:

Hi, all! I'm supposed to be on the 12/10 sailing out of Tampa, but cannot get clear indication from Celebrity as to what documents are needed. Initially, I was told the standard closed-loop documents would be fine - i.e. Birth Certificate and DL. When I tried to check-in online, it requires a passport. Can anyone that's currently sailing - or has done this itinerary recently help. Currently in a bit of a panic. 😭

The check in online has a drop down of a list of documents you can check in with. Pick which one you will be using and go accordingly.

I wish you a very happy cruise.

Just now, Arzeena said:

The check in online has a drop down of a list of documents you can check in with. Pick which one you will be using and go accordingly.

In Panama a passport was required to go ashore.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 10:10 PM, Sandy1975 said:

Where there any incentives for booking during your cruise?

Only the Black Friday and Monday specials.  Prices for next year dropped after the specials expired.

OBC for booking onboard and reduced deposit is the incentive now.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2023 at 10:00 PM, tjunmin said:

Could you be more specific about this comment? We'll be on the Constellation in the next sailing, and I'd like to know what to expect, in order to be better prepared. Thanks in advance.

We have sailed on Connie many, many times and the "Connie Cough" was a regular expectation.

The majority of people will not be affected but be prepared.  My wife and I have both experienced it at least once in each of our back to back to back sailings.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArgoNereus said:

Terminal 3 is the new location rather than 6 which was used before.  #3 experience was great.  We were onboard before 11

Thanks for the info. Curious if you know, is there a Retreat area and if the Concierges are there?  

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Thank you for responding! When we tried to check-in online, our only document option was a passport. We were told that we'd just have to go through the full check-in process at the cruise terminal.
I was finally able to get a Celebrity rep on the phone that sent me something in writing showing that we should be able to board with our regular closed-loop documents... We just won't get to disembark in Colombia (and possibly Panama) this time. 🤷‍♀️
All the more reason to get the passports squared away...🤪

45 minutes ago, Cruise2840 said:

Thank you for responding! When we tried to check-in online, our only document option was a passport. We were told that we'd just have to go through the full check-in process at the cruise terminal.
I was finally able to get a Celebrity rep on the phone that sent me something in writing showing that we should be able to board with our regular closed-loop documents... We just won't get to disembark in Colombia (and possibly Panama) this time. 🤷‍♀️

You don’t have a passport ? 🤔

Do most Americans not have passports ? 

8 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You don’t have a passport ? 🤔

Do most Americans not have passports ? 

🤷‍♀️I currently do not have a valid passport - we haven't had the need to update them in quite a while, as we've only traveled in the Caribbean and the US for the last decade or so. There's never been a need for one up until now. 

21 hours ago, Cruise2840 said:

It is almost like Celebrity wanted us to know the information about a passport being required.

This is from our cruise booking confirmation for the Constellation for the same itinerary in January:

"Valid passports are required for all passengers, regardless of age. Passports must be valid for six (6) months after you disembark your cruise. Passport cards or photocopies of required documentation are not acceptable."

Of course, our travel agent already told us about the passport requirement before booking.

It doesn't matter what you may have in writing from a Customer Service  representative.

Did you make clear you were porting in Colombia and Panama and have the representative check those countries stated requirement for all cruise line passengers on a ship?

Please report back if they let you on the ship without the required passport.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 9:27 PM, Cruise2840 said:

🤷‍♀️I currently do not have a valid passport - we haven't had the need to update them in quite a while, as we've only traveled in the Caribbean and the US for the last decade or so. There's never been a need for one up until now. 

Always unwise to cruise without a passport even though some cruise lines and governments do not require them for closed loop (example Miami RT.) cruises. In case of medical, family  or other emergency one cannot fly home without a passport.

4 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

But Columbia and Panama are not part of the closed loop - at least not according to the website so they would require a passport

I have no idea what website you are talking about.

All Constellation cruises between now and the end of February are closed loop cruises from Tampa.

Panama and Cartagena are ports of call on some of them. Passports are required by those countries.

Even the link provided by VintageCheap includes the caveat "in most cases" when referring to closed loop cruises.

Perhaps the key wording should be "closed loop with stops to countries that do not require a passport".

As others have mentioned, it's always wise to carry a passport in case of emergencies.

Example: You have a medical emergency where you need to fly home early. You disembark the ship on an island where the flight out takes you through a country requiring a passport.

I don't understand spending thousands of dollars for a cruise, and not spending a little bit more to get a passport.  Never an issue boarding, or getting off in foreign countries, and back into the US, if you have a  medical issue and end up in a hospital, in another country.

Thanks for your review.  We are doing a 34 day b2b2b, next year from Ravenna to Tampa. Looking forward to it!