Vista - Simply Incredible

DurangoWino

7 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

Just a point to add to ‘sharing tables’.

It can also be difficult when sharing especially with people from different  countries/cultures. We have had some great ‘sharing’ tables and some that we really wouldn’t choose to repeat.

One point which might be worth bearing in mind is that we have often had a ‘shared’ table but when we arrive at the restaurant we have had a table to ourselves.

So don’t give up on the speciality restaurants because when the evening arrives you may find that in fact you do have a table for two!

Many thanks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pandazoo said:

DW and I prefer tables for two as we work with the public and our vacation is time for us to just enjoy each other and recharge.  Why this is considered snobbery is baffling.  We interact with people on the ship but enjoy meals alone.  

ABSOLUTELY AGREE

• Like 6

We usually prefer tables for 2. However, we enjoy sharing sometimes.  It can be fun.  We have met people at shared tables that have become close friends.  That was before the pandemic. 
When we resumed sailing during the pandemic, I was very cautious about getting too close to people. That included on a ship or at home.  We limited our social meetings.  For that reason, we opted to book cabins in categories that got early bookings in specialty dining.  That was how we got tables for 2 at good times.  On our most recent Oceania cruise on Marina,  we got tables for 2 except at Polo. At Polo, we shared a table. We had a great time.  Upcoming cruise we chose sharing tables.  

• Like 4

I would have to say that sharing a large table tends to be better, as most will love to talk about something. On that large table in Jacques a few years back we all discuss what we do. My spouse has a large catering co. with his brother.We discussed Dean Kamen( folks can google the name) & this one guy wanted to know all about him he actually switched seats with me to talk to Keith about Dean. It was a riot. His wife goes "I always become a dinner widow when this happens". We all had a great meal & a lot of fun.

Still overall due to the few incidents, we prefer a table for 2. We now do Concierge level & we get to make the reservations earlier. We were not able to pull off Red Ginger, though. Don't fret. Anyone will be able to get their choice.Reservations bounce around a lot.We cancelled one last Jan. because we saw the menu in the GDR had some real favorites of ours. We went to the dining reservation desk & let them know our change.Someone, I'm sure got that 7PM spot we cancelled on.

• Like 3

We typically share, when available, and rarely have a poor time. Have met many people we continue to sail with. Only rarely is the conversation strained. Typically when it is, it is with table mates that right off the bat t make it plain they dislike sharing. 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2023 at 6:57 PM, rbtan said:

One, where the couple "figured" us out in the first 5 min. & just clammed up for the rest of the meal.Second where the lady, quite loudly said they would not be seated with us.

So sorry this happened to you, that’s awful! I hope we never get seated with that so-called lady. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

So sorry this happened to you, that’s awful! I hope we never get seated with that so-called lady. 

I think my DW and i might have left or in the alternative i might have been direct and said something politely yet affirmatively. My skills as a Mediator are severely challenged by that which i find rude hurtful  and offensive comments. Its a fault but its also a virtue 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

The Maitre D apologised for her behavior & moved them to a different table. The Jacques staff wanted to seat us with the same couple (the first couple who clammed up) the second night. We said no. We were then seated at the large table in Jacques that night with far better results!

• Like 1

Try sailing solo and asking for a table for one in a specialty restaurant. There is an assumption that a solo  wants to be seated with others. This is an issue on all cruise lines, not just O. Table for one in the MDR was never a problem.

When I made my reservations, at 60 days out, I was able to secure two solo and two shared tables. When I received my dining confirmation card, all were shared tables. I was politely told that “most solos want to dine with others.” I politely told that person that “I am not most solos.”   I was able to get the one reservation that truly mattered  switch to a solo table by a very nice woman at the reservations desk. She was unable to change the other three. Interestingly, of the remaining  three, I was offered a choice of a solo table or a shared table twice and ended up sharing a table in Ember.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2023 at 2:20 PM, Gracie115 said:

We are booking same room on Allura in 2025.  Don’t think we will be returning to Celebrity for the foreseeable future.

We looked at cabin 11071 on Allura/Vista.  On O’s deck plan layout it appears that the “extended section” of the verandah does not go fully across to the end of the cabin width. 
Is this the case or is O’s deck plan drawing off?

thanks so much!

5 hours ago, Jayne E said:

We looked at cabin 11071 on Allura/Vista.  On O’s deck plan layout it appears that the “extended section” of the verandah does not go fully across to the end of the cabin width. 
Is this the case or is O’s deck plan drawing off?

thanks so much!

It is correct.  About 1/3 to 1/2 of the veranda is not extended, the rest is.  We really liked it this way, the shorter section had the 2 chairs and table and the extended the lounge.  It felt like 2 different areas, and also gave you great views forward, the shorter section is protected from the wind/rain. But the design also provided wonderful breezes that we would not have had if the balcony was fully extended.    We liked it so much we booked the same room for our next O cruise. 

• Like 1