Oceania cruise onboard Riviera…. Abu Dhabi to Singapore 22nd Dec 2024

lilacsam

Does anyone know the reason for the above cruise “Sheiks to Shrines” 23 days which commences in Abu Dhabi 22/12/2024?
We have just received an email giving no explanation other than “ for the safety and well-being “ of our travellers.

i can understand that UAE is currently being omitted from  itineraries as of this year but our cruise does not depart for another 12 months! 

We will be ringing first thing tomorrow but just wondered if anyone has heard anything or has had a similar email….

• Like 1

If Oceania doesn't make an early decision and then is forced to cancel or significantly modify the itinerary closer to the planned sailing date everyone booked on the cruise would be screaming at the top of their lungs about how Oceania should have known this itinerary was going to be a problem and should have changed it sooner.

It's seems that it's next to impossible to please people . It's the old "damned if they do and damned if they don't."

• Like 8

On 12/5/2023 at 1:15 PM, lilacsam said:

Does anyone know the reason for the above cruise “Sheiks to Shrines” 23 days which commences in Abu Dhabi 22/12/2024?
We have just received an email giving no explanation other than “ for the safety and well-being “ of our travellers.

i can understand that UAE is currently being omitted from  itineraries as of this year but our cruise does not depart for another 12 months! 

We will be ringing first thing tomorrow but just wondered if anyone has heard anything or has had a similar email….

A look at O website shows that Riviera is now going nowhere near the Middle East December in December 2024. Now goes from Europe around horn of Africa to Asia. Obviously change due to Middle East tensions...do not want another long cruise through the Red Sea.

Edited by edgee

17 minutes ago, edgee said:

A look at O website shows that Riviera is now going nowhere near the Middle East December in December 2024. Now goes from Europe around horn of Africa to Asia. Obviously change due to Middle East tensions...do not want another long cruise through the Red Sea.

Another cruise line we have booked, the itinerary November 2025 has been changed from Abu Dhabi, etc. to Spain Portugal France.

I too am puzzled.   The cruise you are talking about as it has been mentioned here now goes from Barcelona round Africa to Singapore.

What is strange is that our cruise was the one prior to this starting in Rome and finishing in Barcelona on the 14th.  Yesterday we had a call from TA yesterday cancelling our cruise also for safety reasons.   

5 hours ago, mancunian said:

What is strange is that our cruise was the one prior to this starting in Rome and finishing in Barcelona on the 14th.  Yesterday we had a call from TA yesterday cancelling our cruise also for safety reasons.   

The November 4 cruise from Rome to Barcelona is still showing up as available for booking on Oceania's US website.   The new cruises following that one also now show up.  The November 4 cruise does not appear to have been cancelled.

39 minutes ago, mancunian said:

My TA has had a letter (email?) from Oceania saying it is and our deposit will be refunded in two to three weeks.   I do not understand any of this.   

Well you are getting  a refund now   so just look at other options

Lots of  port changes in that area   so count yourself lucky to get a refund now

JMO

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Lots of  port changes in that area   so count yourself lucky to get a refund now

I checked one of the many brochures O previously sent me, and the itinerary on the November 4 cruise has not changed.   So it appears to be a miscommunication about the November 4 cruise being cancelled.  The cruises after that one were cancelled, and the new itineraries were released this week.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mancunian said:

My TA has had a letter (email?) from Oceania saying it is and our deposit will be refunded in two to three weeks.   I do not understand any of this.   

Did your  TA  forward the letter/email to you??