Shore excursion to Nevis from St Kitts on new Ascent

Gardenbunny50

46 minutes ago, Gardenbunny50 said:

Excited to be on board Feb 11 to San Juan, Tortola and St Kitts.   First time on the Edge class!!   Been to St Kitts numerous times.  Saw excursion for this 4 hr trip.  Always wanted to go over to Nevis. Has anyone ever taken this excursion?  Thanks

We have taken this excursion to Nevis. We did it on a Solstice Class ship. It was a fun hour long catamaran ride over with a really nice picnic spread for lunch on arrival. A very beautiful and fun ride. Matter of fact we e joyed it so much that we have it booked again  in Feb on the Beyond. 

9 minutes ago, mauimary said:

We have taken this excursion to Nevis. We did it on a Solstice Class ship. It was a fun hour long catamaran ride over with a really nice picnic spread for lunch on arrival. A very beautiful and fun ride. Matter of fact we e joyed it so much that we have it booked again  in Feb on the Beyond. 

We’re on the Equinox in January and also plan to do this excursion and very excited about it.  

Any suggestions on what to do on Nevis that we might not otherwise think about doing ?

24 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Appreciate replies.

There is very little description on the app.  Only “ a sea taxi over, with a beach chair awaits you on golden sand.  Cool off in sea, treat yourself to a famous beach bar or short stroll to The Belmont Duty Free shopping complex.”  But very few choices left and it was 30% off. 

1 hour ago, Gardenbunny50 said:

Appreciate replies.

There is very little description on the app.  Only “ a sea taxi over, with a beach chair awaits you on golden sand.  Cool off in sea, treat yourself to a famous beach bar or short stroll to The Belmont Duty Free shopping complex.”  But very few choices left and it was 30% off. 

This description does not sound like the one we were on.  We were not near a shopping complex or a beach bar.  Sounds like something different. 

We are signed up for a similar excursion on the Ascent in January, ..but I believe it involves a tour (?) and a diff lunch..

I will look at our paperwork and post the details.  We have never been to Nevis and are looking forward  to it.!

DAY TRIP TO NEVIS WITH LUNCH

I do not have the Celeb excursion no.

It was $325.98 for 2 of us. Pricey! we did not check for any sales!

My notes say it is  a 6 hr excursion on a ferry type boat. Includes craft stalls,  lunch at a beach restaurant ( with bthrm) .. 

sorry no more info

was not easy finding description.. price for adult  pre cruise now $150.99..not going to bother calling..leave well enough alone.

It does include a tour.. what appears below us a best effort..no tour no. is  given!

20231207_061329.jpg

20231207_061341.jpg

20231207_061351.jpg

2 hours ago, hcat said:

was not easy finding description.. price for adult  pre cruise now $150.99..not going to bother calling..leave well enough alone.

It does include a tour.. what appears below us a best effort..no tour no. is  given!

20231207_061329.jpg

20231207_061341.jpg

20231207_061351.jpg

This is exactly the one we are taking. I think this was closer to $140pp when we booked back in May so I can imagine it’s gone up a bit since then.

6 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

IMHO an excursion at Nevis is better than St. Kitts.

I agree!  Thanks for all who shared comments.  I looked back on the app excursions and saw both of these you referenced - the catamaran and the sea taxi with tour, lunch beach.  They are sold out.  Only one left was the one I booked.  And lucky me, when I booked yesterday it was still 30% off.  Today it is only 15%! 

The description with sea taxi landing at Charlestown, it seems you get in a vehicle for tour.  I did more google search on “beach with famous bar and shopping” - I think we will drive to that as it  appears to be Pinney’s beach, Sunshine Bar and shopping is all in that area.

So yes I agree - it will all be good!  

Enjoy your cruisemon Ascent!  I had a friend on board the 4 day in November launch and she said it was gorgeous and loved it!

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

IMHO an excursion at Nevis is better than St. Kitts.

St Kitts has quite a bit to offer aside from tourist places..and port stores with items made in China..We have acquired some nice crafts and artwork.

But, we have been all around St Kitts and hope Nevis will be a nice experience.  

I am  going to be watching  a  3 hr program  (for work) that compares Hamilton's bio with the Broadway show which I did not see. Sounds interesting..

9 hours ago, hcat said:

20231207_061329.jpg

20231207_061341.jpg

20231207_061351.jpg

We took this same excursion last February on the Edge.  It was one of the better ones during our cruise and we sampled four of them. The guided tour was good, the lunch was good and the beach was average, but that wasn't the main focus of the trip for us.  Nevis is more picturesque and less depressing than St. Kitt's.  I would certainly recommend.