Best Bars/worst bars on Koningsdam

Notalotofinfo

We found that it really depends who is working at each particular bar, especially the bar managers. We've generally had good service, but the best bars change depending on the voyage (and sometimes day).

I also suggest moving between bars as they get busy, as usually there is a quiet bar somewhere else on the ship. Quiet bars are often the best ones, as service will be faster, noise levels lower, and there is more time for staff to make your drinks. For example, we had a habit of hitting the Crow's nest just as most people were leaving (mid/late afternoon), or hitting the sun bar after the second dinner rush was done. 

When bars are busier, like on the Music Walk, we made a point of getting to know the servers, which gets you noticed when you're ready for your next beverage. We've seen some of these servers on subsequent voyages, and remembered their names (and they remembered us), which resulted in some of the best service and tips out of all of our cruises.

• Thanks 2

Tamarind Bar is good for virtually zero crowding and some unique cocktails.  However, it is out of the way, and not always the best place to get folks to gather.  (But that's the reason for zero crowding).

Ocean Bar is in the middle of everything and suffers from over crowding at peak hours.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

Do they use real glasses or are they plastic?

I always got a real glass for my champagne!! With elite beverage package I would always pay the difference for their best champagne. Now maybe the Prosecco’s were plastic. My husband would also get the best VSOP and it was served in a nice glass also. Now our last cruise on Koningsdam was this past Xmas New Years on her! Will be on her again soon so I will check the status on the plastic vs glass! 

• Thanks 1

Plastic glasses are/should be used around the pool areas in case of breakage.  I have always gotten plastic glasses for bar drinks around the pools.  However, I don't remember if I ever ordered champagne there.  Beer, Diet Coke and Margaritas were in plastic. 😁

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1