Parking Suggestions in Vancouver

donaldsc

Looking for parking suggestions in Vancouver.  I did a search on the AK board and did not see anything useful.  Google also was not much help.  I know that there are lots of motel stay-and-park options but my wife wants to stay at the US side of the border on the day before the cruise and drive from there to Vancouver on cruise day.  She would also like to park in a covered lot with security.  Any thoughts beside the Canada Place parking lot.  

DON

11 hours ago, donaldsc said:

... my wife wants to stay at the US side of the border on the day before the cruise and drive from there to Vancouver on cruise day. 

DON

Sure hope there's no line up at the Border or delays on the roads; getting to your cruise departure city the day before is always best.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Looking for parking suggestions in Vancouver.  I did a search on the AK board and did not see anything useful.  Google also was not much help.  I know that there are lots of motel stay-and-park options but my wife wants to stay at the US side of the border on the day before the cruise and drive from there to Vancouver on cruise day.  She would also like to park in a covered lot with security.  Any thoughts beside the Canada Place parking lot.  

DON

May I suggest researching potential border waits, as although we have 4 separate crossings for the lower mainland, 3 to 4 hour delays are not uncommon at busy times. Once across the border you also have tunnel/bridge then Vancouver traffic to deal with. An untimely accident and road maintenance can result in lengthy delays.

Downtown Vancouver has numerous covered lots, but expect to pay up to $45 - $50 per day, and you may require a reservation in advance. Canada Place also has covered parking over 2 decks and they have special rates that should be more reasonable.

If DW must stay on the US side, you may want to consider train, bus and even a flight from SeaTac to YVR. Driving in day of cruise, with a border crossing would not be my preferred choice, especially if you don't know the local roads.

6 hours ago, Coral said:

There is always the airport. Probably not financially the best choice.

https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/parking-yvr 

Actually the long term Templeton Station lot is very,reasonable and the Canada Line station to Canada Place is right there.   It is very convenient.  We have used it twice and there were no problems.   You can book in advance and safe a few more dollars. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Coquitlam Cruiser said:

Actually the long term Templeton Station lot is very,reasonable and the Canada Line station to Canada Place is right there.   It is very convenient.  We have used it twice and there were no problems.   You can book in advance and safe a few more dollars. 

Thanks. The more I thought about it the more I realize it makes much more sense than DT.