Gratuities increase

kahuna21

3 hours ago, shepherd really said:

If you have OCAAP gratuities and O raises the rate after the credit is issued, do they just adject it to reflect the current rate?

Just a hypothetical at this point.

Don’t know if they adject it, but in our experience the PPG is adjusted.  But what has happened in the past is not necessarily a predictor of what happens in the future.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shepherd really said:

If you have OCAAP gratuities and O raises the rate after the credit is issued, do they just adject it to reflect the current rate?

Just a hypothetical at this point.

We had ours adjusted when they went from $16 to $18 a year or so ago...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kahuna21 said:

The Points Guy says that NCL has increased gratuities to $20 / $25 (butler suites). Oceania has been $18 / $23. Has Oceania announced an increase?

@kahuna21 NCL has two rates.  One is the Non-Haven Rate and the other is the Haven Rate.  In the Haven Rate it is more but it is important to recognize it "DOES NOT" include the gratuities for the butler. This situation of not including the butler always confused me.  

I just went on Oceania Cruises.  We had a Butler.  Oceania includes the butlers in their gratuities program.  Just like NCL, the gratuities amounts are higher for Penthouse and above.  I still provide my butler with extra over and above the Gratuities paid.  However it is nice to know they are part of the gratuities program.  Just my two cents.

Side Note: One of the main reasons I cruise is the Crew.  I have traveled all my life and rarely did I ever have a staff so committed to excellence in a hotel.  These fine and hard working folks deserve a raise if that is what Oceania has in the future.  No issue from my clan. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Where do I pay for the gratuities? On our booking, the only gratuities I see is under Drink packages and nothing is clickable.

image.thumb.png.a6dcd22af5120af3a2bc99651c745c3f.png

When I go in under Manage Bookings on my account you are correct they are included with the Shop Beverage Packages section. However, for me after each guest there are the options to purchase with a choice to select one of them by clicking on circle.  

When does your cruise depart? For example beverage packages must be purchased at least 7 days prior to the cruise, perhaps same applies to prepaid gratuities???? 

1 hour ago, EJL2023 said:

When I go in under Manage Bookings on my account you are correct they are included with the Shop Beverage Packages section. However, for me after each guest there are the options to purchase with a choice to select one of them by clicking on circle.  

When does your cruise depart? For example beverage packages must be purchased at least 7 days prior to the cruise, perhaps same applies to prepaid gratuities???? 

Our cruise is next September. 

I tried it in both Chrome and Firefox and never had the option to select. 

I've got an appointment today but I'll give them a call tomorrow.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Our cruise is next September. 

I tried it in both Chrome and Firefox and never had the option to select. 

I've got an appointment today but I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Sometimes a call just works best. 

Grats are an onboard charge, I don't think there is a way to pre-pay them.  The gratuities that you're looking at online are for wine packages, separate from the crew grats. (Although it is unclear exactly how they apply - there's an earlier thread dedicated to speculation on this, which I don't believe ever got resolved...)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

The prepaid gratuities option is indeed under the beverage package option.....it shows as pre-paid under one of the options.  When you check on pre-paid gratuities next to each person's name.  You then click on add to cart and when you view the cart it will show the total amount owed and you can pay for it (but you can not use OBC) so if you have OBC then just wait until onboard and the gratuities will be added and the amount will be subtracted from your available OBC.  It is confusing but that is how is works.

PREPAID GRATUITIES

573_Details

$180.00
($18.00 per guest, per day
Gratuity Included
)

You the
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, basor said:

The prepaid gratuities option is indeed under the beverage package option.....it shows as pre-paid under one of the options.  When you check on pre-paid gratuities next to each person's name.  You then click on add to cart and when you view the cart it will show the total amount owed and you can pay for it (but you can not use OBC) so if you have OBC then just wait until onboard and the gratuities will be added and the amount will be subtracted from your available OBC.  It is confusing but that is how is works.

There is no check next to the name to select it. 

I do know you can prepay, I've prepaid on my other cruise.

1 minute ago, patty1955 said:

There is no check next to the name to select it. 

I do know you can prepay, I've prepaid on my other cruise.

I don't know what to tell you as I just tried it on all 5 of our upcoming cruises and ti worked that way for all.....I did not pay,  the cart was the place I stopped.    After I checked "prepaid gratuities" it then show our name with the words prepaid gratuities next to them and no other choices....just like your picture shows.  Did you check your cart to see if they are in there?

Ron House Select-Wine BY Glass & Beer W/Meal Prestige Select - Wine, Beer & Spirits Prepaid Gratuities None
Barba House Select-Wine BY Glass & Beer W/Meal Prestige Select - Wine, Beer & Spirits Prepaid Gratuities

None

11 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

The beverage package upgrade for SimplyMore can be purchased onboard. I tried to book it last week but it’s still showing as $69 pppd which is the old price under OLife. I rang my TA who was told by Oceania if it’s booked and paid for pre cruise as silver members we get 10% discount or $30 pppd on board with SimplyMore. If you have OLife then it will be $69 pppd.

16 hours ago, Vallesan said:

The beverage package upgrade for SimplyMore can be purchased onboard. I tried to book it last week but it’s still showing as $69 pppd which is the old price under OLife. I rang my TA who was told by Oceania if it’s booked and paid for pre cruise as silver members we get 10% discount or $30 pppd on board with SimplyMore. If you have OLife then it will be $69 pppd.

Some people have advised that upgraded beverage packages must be purchased at least 7 days in advance and others that the upgrade can be purchased on board. Is there any advantage in upgrading in advance?

2 minutes ago, EEB_Ott said:

Some people have advised that upgraded beverage packages must be purchased at least 7 days in advance and others that the upgrade can be purchased on board. Is there any advantage in upgrading in advance?

If you purchase on board, you do not have to do it the first day/night. Some people wait and save a day or two of the $30/day/pp.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Vallesan said:

That's not exactly right. If you have Olife the upgrade is also $30 per person. 

• Like 1

I think the difference is that if you have OLife with the basic beverage choice already it is an additional $30 pppd.  If you don't have any beverage package ( only possible if you booked before SM became the new pricing) then it is the higher amount for the full package.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woofa said:

I think the difference is that if you have OLife with the basic beverage choice already it is an additional $30 pppd.  If you don't have any beverage package ( only possible if you booked before SM became the new pricing) then it is the higher amount for the full package.

That’s my understanding too. Maybe my post wasn’t very clear.

• Like 1

If you upgrade your package on board, or buy either package onboard, in a country that charges a VAT tax, the tax also applies to these packages. So if the upgrade is $30 pp/d, the tax makes it $36/day.

Always something to remember when considering timing of purchase. Unless there has been a change, upgrading the package can only be done aboard ship. For those on OLife ( without drinks package) or cruise only, they could pre buy either package at least seven days prior to boarding.

17 hours ago, pinotlover said:

If you upgrade your package on board, or buy either package onboard, in a country that charges a VAT tax, the tax also applies to these packages. So if the upgrade is $30 pp/d, the tax makes it $36/day.

Always something to remember when considering timing of purchase. Unless there has been a change, upgrading the package can only be done aboard ship. For those on OLife ( without drinks package) or cruise only, they could pre buy either package at least seven days prior to boarding.

How would that work if you were at sea?