Guarantee cabins

Mudhen

40 minutes ago, Fun Redhead said:

Hi, I am a solo cruiser booked a B2B the Mariner, both in the second lower guarantee

Don't know what a second lower guarantee is.  Perhaps a guarantee where you put down a deposit so the second lower would be no deposit.  Please explain

5 hours ago, alainciao said:

We also have a GTY for the Feb 5 cruise.  F1.  I'm beginning to wonder if we may see the buyout situation arise.  I don't want it, but this cruise has been waitlisted for a long time and the interest in Grandeur is very high.

No need to worry as Regent will make offers to people with reservations and keep sweetening the offers until they have enough suites for all of the guarantees.  Have never heard of guarantees getting a buy out offer.

56 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Don't know what a second lower guarantee is.  Perhaps a guarantee where you put down a deposit so the second lower would be no deposit.  Please explain

No need to worry as Regent will make offers to people with reservations and keep sweetening the offers until they have enough suites for all of the guarantees.  Have never heard of guarantees getting a buy out offer.

Sorry, I should have said that I booked and paid for a guaranteed  G category cabin. The lowest is H on the Mariner. I have a cabin # for my first segment, but not yet for my second one. Rose

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alainciao said:

We also have a GTY for the Feb 5 cruise.  F1.  I'm beginning to wonder if we may see the buyout situation arise.  I don't want it, but this cruise has been waitlisted for a long time and the interest in Grandeur is very high.

We are also on this cruise and our friends are too. 

How does a buyout situation work? I grasp the basic concept but have no clue on the details.

13 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

We are also on this cruise and our friends are too. 

How does a buyout situation work? I grasp the basic concept but have no clue on the details.

I described it above in post 28. Does not affect guarantees and people shop are confirmed can save thousands on similar but different cruises.  Offers to booked people keep increasing until enough confirmed people accept.  Kind of a game of chicken. 

31 minutes ago, rallydave said:

I described it above in post 28. Does not affect guarantees and people shop are confirmed can save thousands on similar but different cruises.  Offers to booked people keep increasing until enough confirmed people accept.  Kind of a game of chicken. 

Call me thick (wouldn’t be the first time lol) but I’m still wondering about the details … does everyone, including gty cabins, get the same offer pitched to them all at the same time? And if there aren’t enough takers, they add to the offer? Thx!

16 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

Call me thick (wouldn’t be the first time lol) but I’m still wondering about the details … does everyone, including gty cabins, get the same offer pitched to them all at the same time? And if there aren’t enough takers, they add to the offer? Thx!

No only the people in suites needed for the guarantees get offers. The entire process is a regent secret but enough people have commented to enable many of us somewhat understand the process

no guarsntee people are contacted. So far as far as reported the offers keep increasing such that enough suites are available for all guarantees 

some pretty huge offers have been reported pre Covid.  Remember these are all educated guesses based on CC posts. Have never seen a post that a guarantee didn’t get on board but remember many people not on CC or choose not to pist

2 hours ago, kjbacon said:

We got a "buyout" offer last March for our Navigator cruise.  We were in an E cabin so a bit upgraded for position on ship.  Long story short, we had a pipe burst on Christmas 2022.  We had made final payment so had to keep the cruise.  Four days before we sailed (we were all packed and ready to go), we got an email from Regent with the buyout offer.  Of course we jumped on it as we were in the middle of repairs to our house.  The offer was for a similar itinerary (10 night Caribbean) but at the end of Nov. or beginning of Dec. on Mariner, not Navigator, and an upgrade to Penthouse (GREAT DEAL if you have seen Mariner's Penthouses), and an amount back that was about 20% refund.  So we really lucked out.  But the buyout is "first come, first served."  We got the last Penthouse and turned out it was a Penthouse A so a HUGE upgrade.  

So, don't know how many others were offered buyouts or how many took them, but for us it was a fantastic deal especially considering our house repair situation.  

I'm a retired Pilot, and as all Pilots know "luck is better than skill any day." 😎

6 hours ago, alainciao said:

Well, KJ, as luck would have it I’m also a retired Navy pilot and I’ll take papa’s drink😀

Sounds fabulous! 🍸🍹🍷🍺 We are in!

19 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Got it, thank you!!

And @papaflamingo maybe one day we can meet on board. We will buy the drinks 😆 and you can help me with my flying issues!

Sounds like a plan.  One thing I'm good at is "giving advice."  First and foremost though... always remember "how can you tell if a pilot's lying?  His lips are moving." 😜

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, alainciao said:

Well, KJ, as luck would have it I’m also a retired Navy pilot and I’ll take papa’s drink😀

For the record I was a Coast Guard Pilot.  We'll have to get together and share "sea stories," And just in case you're unsure of the mission of the the Coast Guard, 😜

2033tg.jpg

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Whether or not you can help me feel better about flying remains to be seen (like are those lips moving lol) but it could be fun trying!

Look at it this way... the longer we sit at the bar, the better the stories get.  Just make sure we can use our hands.  After all, no aviation story has been told without hand movement!  🤣

Edited by papaflamingo

9 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

Look at it this way... the longer we sit at the bar, the better the stories get.  Just make sure we can use our hands.  After all, no aviation story has been told without hand movement!  🤣

There must be even a little Italian in you!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

For the record I was a Coast Guard Pilot.  We'll have to get together and share "sea stories," And just in case you're unsure of the mission of the the Coast Guard, 😜

2033tg.jpg

Wow, Papa, I flew off my ship.  Did you fly off that one!?🙃

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, kjbacon said:

My kinda party! Let the tall tales begin 🤣 any chance some of you (in addition to my bestie Mudhen) are on Grandeur end of January or early February? 

Would  be great fun!

18 hours ago, kjbacon said:

My kinda party! Let the tall tales begin 🤣 any chance some of you (in addition to my bestie Mudhen) are on Grandeur end of January or early February? 

Pat and I and our friends Rod and Shelley are on the Feb 5 cruise.  I joined the roll call a couple days ago.  I don't think papa is on.  Would be fun.😀