Guarantee cabins

Mudhen

Not really worried about the cabin per se, but if we don't hear where we're assigned before boarding time,

what do we do with luggage tags if we haven't been previously assigned? I know it's a relatively small ship,

but would sure like to see our luggage again.

Hoping we'll know before boarding, but I also know it's possible to be assigned at check in.........

We are in the same situation, no room yet.  I’m hoping we will hear something before we fly to Miami in a week.  First time booking with a guaranteed room so not sure how this whole thing works.  Hope we don’t have to wait for room assignment until we check in on embarkation day. 

53 minutes ago, CruzC2C said:

We are in the same situation, no room yet.  I’m hoping we will hear something before we fly to Miami in a week.  First time booking with a guaranteed room so not sure how this whole thing works.  Hope we don’t have to wait for room assignment until we check in on embarkation day. 

Same with us....we've been a gazillion cruises before, but this is the first time with a guarantee.

Like you, hoping we have an assignment before actual check in at the ship!

3 hours ago, Mudhen said:

what do we do with luggage tags if we haven't been previously assigned? I know it's a relatively small ship,

If you are not assigned prior, then just write GTY on your luggage tag.

As long as your name is clear, then your bags will find you. 

• Like 1

I think my only concern about an unassigned guarantee room is if I was booking on Navigator. And, since I cruise solo, I generally am booking the lowest level which generally doesn’t come w the best location. On Navigator, you have to be very careful about your room assignment (as I understand it) because some rooms have very significant vibration issues. This disturbs some passengers more than others.
So, I might not agree to a guarantee on Navigator. OTOH, if I want to cruise on one of its itineraries, I might have to “find the courage!” 

• Like 2

We have done multiple Regent cruises but always with assigned cabin.  Are guarantee cabins only available after all the cabins that level have been sold/assigned?  So, they sell a few guarantees knowing some will cancel?  Are guarantees cheaper?  Can you do it any level…say penthouse so guaranteed penthouse or better?

6 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

We have done multiple Regent cruises but always with assigned cabin.  Are guarantee cabins only available after all the cabins that level have been sold/assigned?  So, they sell a few guarantees knowing some will cancel?  Are guarantees cheaper?  Can you do it any level…say penthouse so guaranteed penthouse or better?

Yes. They'll overbook certain classes to a certain level, knowing that a) there will be a certain no-show or cancelation factor and b) they have space in higher classes that they can use to accommodate the overbooking in lower classes if necessary. It's not unlike airline revenue management, though obviously they need to be more judicious about the overbooking since there's not another cruise with the same itinerary leaving 2 hours later or even the next day, like there almost always is with a flight.

We booked a GTY H and ended up in a Concierge D in June. Great experience. 

Edited by Chateaunole-du-pape

20 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I think my only concern about an unassigned guarantee room is if I was booking on Navigator. And, since I cruise solo, I generally am booking the lowest level which generally doesn’t come w the best location. On Navigator, you have to be very careful about your room assignment (as I understand it) because some rooms have very significant vibration issues. This disturbs some passengers more than others.
So, I might not agree to a guarantee on Navigator. OTOH, if I want to cruise on one of its itineraries, I might have to “find the courage!” 

After reading about the tub/shower combos I would add Mariner to the list of ships to not book guarantees. 

• Like 4

@jeb_budi just booked a G window suite on Navigator because I could select cabin and no single supplement. The F balconies, with no SS, were aft and $1500 more ;my TA said bad vibration in aft cabins so didn’t feel bad about rejecting that option. I have been on Navigator in veranda cabin a couple of times, so not sure how the window view will work, but willing to try it out. At least on port side so should be able to see water when in ports and not dock.

On 12/12/2023 at 7:22 AM, Mudhen said:

Not really worried about the cabin per se, but if we don't hear where we're assigned before boarding time,

Hoping we'll know before boarding, but I also know it's possible to be assigned at check in.........

Hoping that the Regent Suite is a no show for you guys 😻 why not, it could happen!!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CardowMD said:

At least on port side so should be able to see water when in ports and not dock.

Ships dock on both sides so no guarantee you will see water when in ports and same when not docked.  Main reason for port or starboard suites is for where sun will be when at sea.  Even when cruising of shore generally far enough off shore that you won't see land if that is what you want.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 9:47 AM, flossie009 said:

If you are not assigned prior, then just write GTY on your luggage tag.

As long as your name is clear, then your bags will find you. 

I would not do this. 

I didnt have a cabin once but I know the porters at the terminal have a list with all pax and their assigned cabins. I had to go to him first to get my assigned cabin before I could check in at the terminal. Was a  very last minute booking.

No way would I not ask a porter for a blank tag and write my cabin number on it correctly. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We sometimes book guarantees if we are not sailing with our kids (when with our children we either get a family type suite or two rooms very close by, something like that, so I want control over the room selection.)  This is our first regent cruise and we are sailing in about 8 days and still have no assignment which is I think, the closest to sailing without a cabin I've ever personally been. Makin' me a little nervous!

@Mudhen I’m still holding out for you that the occupants of the Regent Suite will change their minds and be a no show. Hey, could happen!

Or you can bunk with us. With all of the free vodka and gin, we can surely make that work … pass the olives! 🫒 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We also have a GTY for the Feb 5 cruise.  F1.  I'm beginning to wonder if we may see the buyout situation arise.  I don't want it, but this cruise has been waitlisted for a long time and the interest in Grandeur is very high.

Hi, I am a solo cruiser booked a B2B the Mariner, both in the second lower guarantee. Never booked like that before on any cruise ship, but I got a 25% solo supplement if I would book guarantee. For my first segment this month I got my cabin number already and an upgrade, but still waiting for my second cabin confirmation. Keeping my fingers crossed.🤞

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Fun Redhead said:

Hi, I am a solo cruiser booked a B2B the Mariner, both in the second lower guarantee. Never booked like that before on any cruise ship, but I got a 25% solo supplement if I would book guarantee. For my first segment this month I got my cabin number already and an upgrade, but still waiting for my second cabin confirmation. Keeping my fingers crossed.🤞

Here's hoping that they keep you in the same cabin for the second leg!

• Thanks 1