RCCL Liberty of the Seas to Nova Scotia

Jaylie

We sailed this itinerary this past July and had a great time. It was foggy most of the time but the sun came out in Halifax. Honestly, we enjoyed the break from serious summer heat and my wife and I just sat in the hot tub while the kids swam and rode the slides. We’d do it again in a heartbeat. 

We took a quick trip to Peggy’s Cove and then enjoyed Halifax. Plenty to do within walking distance of the ship. 

Edited by pyrateslife4me84

We do this cruise every September now.

People will probably miss Acadia now, but Boston, Halifax, St John and Portland are great stops!

Weather can affect experience and our last one (Sept 7th) featured tons of wet weather, we missed St John due to hurricane Lee too, but weather affected many cruises this year. We LOVED it and are booked for next year again, Liberty also features nice entertainment.

This is my movie

It does not include great stop in St John that we missed. This is from a year before on Advanture

and in Portland you can also do more than we did this time around

Edited by Tatka

When it’s foggy the ship sounds the fog horn.  It goes off about 5 seconds every 2 minutes, all night long.  How do I know?  Cabin in the very front.  I suggest a cabin mid-ship.  Our adult son was in a balcony further back and didn’t hear it.  Ports were great.

2 hours ago, ATG said:

When it’s foggy the ship sounds the fog horn.  It goes off about 5 seconds every 2 minutes, all night long.  How do I know?  Cabin in the very front.  I suggest a cabin mid-ship.  Our adult son was in a balcony further back and didn’t hear it.  Ports were great.

Yes we had that. Can make mini golf a bit loud!

We just did the Canada N/E itinerary again on Liberty Oct 5th. Our favorite and so glad it still included Bar Harbor. 

We missed Portland due to weather and it poured rain in Halifax....but still loved this itinerary.

Waiting for the 2025 schedule to open.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Tazzybear14 said:

Never been out east and we are booked for the Canada New England trip in September.  Anyone have suggestions on shuttle and hotel near the cruise terminal?

We stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Elizabeth NJ. Great location and recently refurbished. Our most recent stay was last October. The hotel offers a comp shuttle from EWR to the hotel. 

10 hours ago, Tazzybear14 said:

Anyone have suggestions on shuttle and hotel near the cruise terminal?

Check the East Coast departure section - suggestions there with knowledgeable folks.