Reserve Collection Dining

1cruiselvr

We are sailing on the Emerald in Jan and our dining says Reserve Collection.  We are booked in a Vista Suite. I'm guessing the information is somewhere, but no search would provide it.  What the heck is Reserve Collection Dining? It has me confused.  Please be kind.  As I said, the information is probably buried somewhere in a thread, but as hard as I tried, I could find nothing.  Thank you. 

We were just on Emerald in a Reserve Collection mini suite.

You’ll love the dining!  It’s a separate area of the Da Vinci dining room.  Excellent service.  The head waiter prepares a special entree, which I took almost every time.  No waiting, no lines, it’s really great.

They are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

• Like 1

This is the dining area for full suites and reserve class mini suites. It is a separate entrance and dining area from the MDR. There is no wait lots of 2 tops and an extra entree each evening. Since you are in a full  suite you can have breakfast there but a better option is going to full suite breakfast in Sabatini’s. Much is served in the reserve area on sea days only dinner very night

You are in a full suite. Reserve Collection Dining is a section of the Da Vinci DR, starboard side, deck 6. You walk in anytime the DR is open. Seating is prompt. Service is elevated. Menu is the same as the other DRs except there is one additional menu item for dinner. It is open for breakfast and dinner each day and for lunch on sea days. Reserve Class Dining is for those in full suites and those in Reserve Class mini suites.

Since you are in a full suite you are entitled to the special full suite breakfast. This is just for full suite passengers. It is served either in Sabatini's or the Crown Grill. I don't remember where on the Emerald. There will be a notice in your cabin indicating the location. The full suite breakfast is prepared to order and is far superior to what is served in the Reserve Class DR. It is one of the best full suite benefits. 

Thank you Andrew J. Cat for your prompt and polite response.  So it's a separate part of the MDR reserved for suite and RC mini suite pax?

Never mind.  I see others have answered this question.

Edited by 1cruiselvr
information
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 1cruiselvr said:

Thank you Andrew J. Cat for your prompt and polite response.  So it's a separate part of the MDR reserved for suite and RC mini suite pax?

Exactly.  You have your own entrance into this part of the dining room, hence no waiting.

• Like 1

Just now, 1cruiselvr said:

Yes, that is correct.  The other replies give even better info than mine.  I’m jealous, I want to go back!  
One anecdote I want to share about Emerald Princess:  the staff was exceptionally engaged and seemed genuinely happy.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

we never had much interest in the reserve (old club class) option .....UNTIL we tried it!  To us the instant seating and engaging staff makes for a wonderful experience! we don"t leave home without it!!

• Like 8

We were recently on the Emerald and often ate in The Reserve dining room.  Nelson from the Philippines was in charge and prepared the daily specials which were mainly pasta and often quite good.

Our waiter was Bright from India and his assistant was Catherine from the Philippines. Catherine liked to make up rules all the time.  Bright was able to snag some Louisiana hot sauce on occasion as it was otherwise hard to find on the ship.

Most meals were good and some very good, but avoid the fish tacos. The fish and chips were surprisingly good.  Lamb was served a few times and we enjoyed it.

If you like wine with your meal make sure to order it as early as possible, and if it is something you really like get a double as wine service can be very slow after you are first served.

I really like Indian food and on the last cruise (the Regal) the M'd in Reserve Class found out (I had asked the waiter if they offerred anything as I had seen it on some other menus on the ship for previous cruises but not ours).  Each day he brought me the menu for the next day and then asked if I wanted Indian food instead and if so what.

On 12/15/2023 at 7:54 AM, tml1230 said:

we never had much interest in the reserve (old club class) option .....UNTIL we tried it!  To us the instant seating and engaging staff makes for a wonderful experience! we don"t leave home without it!!

I agree, and my wife had a somewhat perverted pleasure watching the entrance to the Reserve dining room on the first day as non suite guests were turned away!

3 hours ago, Plato123 said:

I agree, and my wife had a somewhat perverted pleasure watching the entrance to the Reserve dining room on the first day as non suite guests were turned away!

On the Crown they actually had a sign outside the reserve class entrance pointing to the other entrance and still people tried to talk their way in

• Like 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
3 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

I really like Indian food and on the last cruise (the Regal) the M'd in Reserve Class found out (I had asked the waiter if they offerred anything as I had seen it on some other menus on the ship for previous cruises but not ours).  Each day he brought me the menu for the next day and then asked if I wanted Indian food instead and if so what.

oooo... I am going to ask on my next cruise. 

27 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

We are traveling with friends that are in a full suite that gets reserve class.  We are not.  What happens if they want us to dine with them?

You cannot dine in the Reserve Collection (RC) dining room if you are not in a Suite or RC Mini-suite.  They can dine with you in the other MDR's.

• Like 1

Just curious — we will have RC on our upcoming Sky cruise. I’m glad to read that you are generally seated quickly but am wondering how likely is it that we can request and get a window seat for 2? And if you love your table, any chance they will hold it for you for a specific time the rest of the week? Thanks!

1 hour ago, dixiejen said:

Just curious — we will have RC on our upcoming Sky cruise. I’m glad to read that you are generally seated quickly but am wondering how likely is it that we can request and get a window seat for 2? And if you love your table, any chance they will hold it for you for a specific time the rest of the week? Thanks!

What time were you planning on dinning at a window table and how long do you think it’s fair to hold that table from all the other guest that have reserved collection dinning?

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AZjohn said:

What time were you planning on dinning at a window table and how long do you think it’s fair to hold that table from all the other guest that have reserved collection dinning?

Cheers

Frankly we are happy with any table we get because we never have to wait s as nd the service is awesome. 

• Like 2

Guest Snaxmuppet
3 hours ago, dixiejen said:

On our last cruise on Sky we didn't have to ask! We told the head waiter we liked the table we had and every time we turned up, either lunch or dinner, we were just shown to the same table without us having to say anything. Great service. Whether he saved it for us or whether it was just available I will never know but it was a nice touch.

1 hour ago, AZjohn said:

AZjohn, we have never sailed on Princess so we haven’t experienced RC. I have no idea how large the seating area is or how many 2-tops they have, window seats or otherwise. We have always done traditional late dining, with an assigned table, so this is a new experience for us — thus the genuine question as to the likelihood of our preferred (not mandatory) seating.  

But I’ll answer your questions. Our preferred dining (one “n”) time is generally 7:45-8:15. How long do I think it’s fair to hold that table from all the other guests (plural)…?   “…that table”?? Really? Is there only one 2-top near a window in the whole RC section?  Obviously, I don’t expect them to hold a table - ANY table - for us from 5:00-10:00 pm, which would be the time frame to encompass ALL other guests for that section per evening. That’s also why I said, “…at a specific time” vs. just walking in any old time and expecting the same table. 

Anyhoooo….thanks, I guess. Cheers back at you.

Memoak — We WILL be happy with whatever table we get and look forward to the experience. I was just trying to get a feel for what we might expect. Thanks!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

On our last cruise on Sky we didn't have to ask! We told the head waiter we liked the table we had and every time we turned up, either lunch or dinner, we were just shown to the same table without us having to say anything. Great service. Whether he saved it for us or whether it was just available I will never know but it was a nice touch.

Thank you SO much Snaxmuppet!! THIS is the type of answer I was expecting/hoping for — just the LIKELIHOOD that they could make it happen!  (I certainly hope ALL the other guests in RC didn’t have to sacrifice TOO much so that YOU could get the table you liked! 😉🤪 🤣 Sorry — Can’t help but picture Oliver Twist-esque urchins, staring longingly at you, waiting to be seated — while you dine in luxury at your preferred table!😉

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Jen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1