Viewing OBC balance

john2003

18 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

Just adding to @Shiba_Lover's answer. When you log in to your account it will show your balance only. If OBC was given to someone else in your cabin, their balance won't show. It doesn't display on a 'per room' balance. 

It may be different in different parts of the world, but our combined OBC has always shown on My Celebrity when I log in to my account.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

It may be different in different parts of the world, but our combined OBC has always shown on My Celebrity when I log in to my account.

I wonder if my problem is because I am on the Canadian Site. It doesn’t show anywhere. I might try phoning. 

29 minutes ago, john2003 said:

I wonder if my problem is because I am on the Canadian Site. It doesn’t show anywhere. I might try phoning. 

Is the OBC from Celebrity or your TA.  TA OBC does not show until you are on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, john2003 said:

I'm on the Canadian site, too. And I actually called about this earlier this week because I could only see part of our OBC whereas I used to see all of it (we were in the States for years). The rep explained that I will only be able to see the amount that is assigned to me. Fortunately, I'm the one who did the booking so most of the money is on my account 😉🤣

Only OBC from X shows before the cruise and it has always been non refundable. Once on the ship the OBC is coded so you can see the what is refundable (OBCR) and non refundable (OBCN)’ they charge everything against the non refundable OBC until that is spent.  After the nonrefundable is gone, they will start charging against the refundable.

• Like 2

Make sure you have a print-out of your OBC amount.  We have had several Celebrity cruises where not all of it was showing (commonly missing is the bonus OBC for booking a new cruise while on another cruise).  I make sure I have a print-out (either the original booking from Celebrity or the confirmation from the TA) because I have gotten used to having to go to Guest Services to tell them not all of my OBC is showing and then give them my documentation.   If your OBC is not correct and you don't have documentation, you are out of luck.  

Perfect example is attached.   I actually have $850 OBC for this cruise but the $250 bonus OBC for booking while on-board is missing.   Off to Guest Services again...

obc (3)xx.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

Is the OBC from Celebrity or your TA.  TA OBC does not show until you are on the ship.

First, thanks to everyone for pointing this out. I was not aware that one could see the OBC, so that helps.

However, our OBC came from the TA and it shows on the site as directed above. We did not get any OBC from Celebrity.

1 hour ago, kokopelli-az said:

Make sure you have a print-out of your OBC amount.  We have had several Celebrity cruises where not all of it was showing (commonly missing is the bonus OBC for booking a new cruise while on another cruise).  I make sure I have a print-out (either the original booking from Celebrity or the confirmation from the TA) because I have gotten used to having to go to Guest Services to tell them not all of my OBC is showing and then give them my documentation.   If your OBC is not correct and you don't have documentation, you are out of luck.  

Perfect example is attached.   I actually have $850 OBC for this cruise but the $250 bonus OBC for booking while on-board is missing.   Off to Guest Services again...

obc (3)xx.jpg

I call the Captains Club before we ever get on the ship if the OBC isn’t correct, happen 2x in 42/cruises, and they correct it.

1 minute ago, ExArkie said:

First, thanks to everyone for pointing this out. I was not aware that one could see the OBC, so that helps.

However, our OBC came from the TA and it shows on the site as directed above. We did not get any OBC from Celebrity.

Check with your TA, if it is showing pre cruise it maybe be non refundable OBC vs refundable.  So you will want to spend it rather than lose any unspent.  With refundable if you don’t spend it will be refunded to your credit card after the cruise.  

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Check with your TA, if it is showing pre cruise it maybe be non refundable OBC vs refundable.  So you will want to spend it rather than lose any unspent.  With refundable if you don’t spend it will be refunded to your credit card after the cruise.  

Good point. I already know that it is nonrefundable, though, since that is what it was from this TA the last time. However, I'll be using every bit of current OBC (and then some) since the Retreat package no longer includes daily gratuities.