Laundry & dry cleaning questions

Hobar

2 hours ago, Toad said:

Wow after all these years this is new and very exciting to me !  Thank you all.

Laughing with you, not at you! I couldn't believe it either, and I did all of our washing out by hand on first transAtlantic (and Mediterranean -- 26 days plus travel). 

ETA: @kazu, @Crew News, and others did convince me! 

Edited by crystalspin

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Laughing with you, not at you! I couldn't believe it either, and I did all of our washing out by hand on first transAtlantic (and Mediterranean -- 26 days plus travel). 

ETA: @kazu, @Crew News, and others did convince me! 

After all these years of cruising I am still learning new things all the time, however this really is a game changer ;)!

• Like 3

On 12/16/2023 at 11:46 PM, crystalspin said:

Here, thanks to Roger @Crew News, is a recent Laundry List:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Laundry-Price-List.pdf

Prices range from $9 (two-piece men's suit) to $10.25 (three-piece suit), with Tuxedo in-between. Eco-drycleaning includes pressing. 

I do not have any first-hand experience, but Holland America is known (if not renowned) for their exemplary laundry service! I would have no qualms about using the service... if my DH ever agreed to wearing a coat and tie after retiring at the end of December 2019.

I retired over 20 years ago and I quit trying a rag around my neck then.  I do dress up in the evenings on any cruise by donning a pair of black jeans and a black sport coat over a colored T shirt with a matching pocket square.  The jacked weighs 19 ounces - so it doesn't push the bag over the weight limit.  This passed muster with the maitre d on Cunard, and thus every other line.   I actually pack less than I would with a stack of sort shirts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 55kingart said:

Does HAL still offer a bag for a special price for wash and fold

Yes, but various prices have been encountered recently! It is still the most economical, I'm sure, if you don't count having to pack enough clothes to fill the bag and wear for a couple additional days until it is returned.

ETA: also wash and hang for appropriate items. Anything you can fit in the sizable cloth bag, unlike some lines that specify only "undies/t-shirts/PJs" and give you a small paper bag prone to tearing. 

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We recently returned from our cruise and can report excellent results with the laundry.  We did use a separate bag for everyday items and suits/dressy items.  Everything came back ship shape.  

• Like 2

HAL laundry is by far the best benefit of being 4star, IMHO! Love, love, love it! Usually comes back in a day, sometimes the same day. And I do ask for for cold or gentle wash. I love getting my dainties folded up in tissue paper with a seal! Sometimes I hunt something up to send out every day. The next thing closest to this was when I sent laundry out on my 2 month trip to Morocco and Egypt where the laundry was dirt cheap. 

• Like 2