Port of Miami Dock Report - Upcoming Serenity Sailings

ryndam

For those either arriving or sailing from the port of Miami on Serenity, attached are the port of Miami dock reports for Serenity's next three arrivals/departures from Miami. Serenity is currently showing to be berthed at Pier J for all three sailings.

12/23/24   6 ships in port  (Serenity + NCL Joy, MSC Seascape, Independence OTS, Carnival Horizon, Valient Lady)

1/5/24       8 ships in port  (Serenity + NCL Sun, NCL Sky, MSC Magnifica, Freedom OTS, Grandeur OTS, Carnival Conquest, Explora 1)

1/18/24     3 ships in port  (Serenity + Celebrity Summit, Carnival Sunrise)

Rob

Miami dock report 122323.pdf Miami dock report 010524.pdf Miami dock report 011824.pdf

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Keith1010 said:

Ivi, easy peasy to find ship.

12/23 Terminal J

12/5 Terminal J

1/18 Terminal E

J is the stand alone one.

Keith 

You are mistaken, Keith. All three sailings are from Terminal J.

Just now, travelberlin said:

Is this good? Does it mean that having so many ships there on the same day will not be that bad?

Ivi

To me not an issue Ivi. The one I would be concerned about is 9 ships.

Terminal J is nice as the stand alone.

Keith

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ryndam said:

You are mistaken, Keith. All three sailings are from Terminal J.

I'm using the same site as you did Rob. I know your report showed J.  Mine shows E.

One thing I know about Miami is this can change and I always recommend checking close to the cruise just to see if it changes again.

2023-12-16_11-25-12.thumb.png.df77b487635b048df7d588b8235047b1.png

4 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

For my sailing there will be 8 😔

If you're using Crystal's transfers from your hotel or airport, the driver will know where to go. If you've arranged your own transportation, just alert your driver that you are sailing on Crystal Serenity from Terminal J.

We sailed from Miami on Serenity on 12/2/23 from Terminal E. There were 8 ships in port. Our driver had no difficulty navigating the roads to the terminal. Thank goodness Serenity only has 700 pax at max. Any port congestion will likely be inside the various terminals, especially for the 4000+ pax megaships. Serenity's terminal was a sea of calm within the bustle of the other terminals.

Rob

• Like 2

Ivi if you are coming from downtown Miami as soon as the driver goes over the bridge Terminal J is on the right side. But even if it was on the left side you can see all the ships lines up on the left and you would see Serenity. But in your case even easier.

Easy, Peasy.

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

For my sailing there will be 8 😔

8 ships in Miami instead of 9 doesn’t sound like it’s much fewer, but in Miami that can mean 3,000-5,000 fewer people milling about that day.  😊 

Vince

• Thanks 1

When it comes to embarkation it does not matter how many ships are in the port.  The issue can be debarkation in terms of immigration and customs but sometimes that is done in the prior port.  

The key is to book a flight that is too early.  Ivi does not have that issue.  Ivi you have no worries. I say this not just about  clearing customs in Miami but at the a Miami airport.

Keith. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Yep. I just looked again. It is indeed now showing Terminal E for 1/18/24. And likely subject to change again in the next month!

Rob

Miami dock report 011824 REV.pdf 51.89 kB · 1 download

Like I said. 😀

And it may change.

When I first looked I expected J because only a few ships. However, this happened one or two cruises before you boarded so you never know. It's Miami.

Keith

15 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

Do I remember a sign at the bridge into the port that lists the ships that day by terminal? I also remember being able to see the ship and say to the taxi driver, it's that one over there! 😉

Patty

Yes to both. Signs and easy to see the ships

Keith

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BWIVince said:

8 ships in Miami instead of 9 doesn’t sound like it’s much fewer, but in Miami that can mean 3,000-5,000 fewer people milling about that day.  😊 

Vince

Yeah, depending of the size of the ship 😉. The 9th one could be the Royal Clipper, or Seabourn or Windstar 🤭

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Yeah, depending of the size of the ship 😉. The 9th one could be the Royal Clipper, or Seabourn or Windstar 🤭

Totally true!!  I’ve just never had the luck of sailing into or out of Miami when the Crystal ship wasn’t the smallest thing in port, by a MILE.  It’s luck of the draw, but the deck has some monsters in it.  😊 

Vince

• Like 1

Back to Ivi.

We've sailed Miami many times.  

If there was an issue with the number of ships in port  it normally impacts debarkation (clearing the ship) not boarding the ship.

You are boarding that day.  And in J.  So I see no issues for you.

When you debark there are only three ships. So I see no issues for you.

But since you have a lot of time the day you debark even if there was a delay you don't have an issue.

There are some of us who debark the day of the 8 ships. Unless one made a very early flight then I wouldn't have a concern but the good news again is terminal J.

Things can happen and not just in Miami.

Often the first week or two of the Alaska season in Vancouver boarding can be a real hassle and that is due to the USA clearing citizens before boarding the ship.

Our worst experience was on the 2010 New York CIty to Los Angeles Cruise when the maximum number of ships were in port at San Pedro (I believe three) and I don't believe debarkation began until 10:30 AM and there was what looked like a mob scene in the Crystal Plaza (man from CC were on this cruise. This was the French Fry Cruise) and people were screaming at the concierge as if she caused the delay.

Lesson is don't book a morning flight home.

And I think one of our worst embarkations I saw was WC 2008 in Los Angeles. Big delay boarding. Many unhappy people.

Anyway, things happen when we all travel.  Most of us have more horror stories related to flights I suspect including airline and even FAA computer glitches, weather and all sorts of other issues.

Keith

• Like 1