Can't Book The Catch by Rudi on Discovery

CruiseMob

For some reason I can't book The Catch. I booked both The Crown and Sabatinis but it shows an error every day and time combination I try for The Catch, including early port days which I expected to be open. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it possible they are totally sold out?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CruiseMob said:

For some reason I can't book The Catch. I booked both The Crown and Sabatinis but it shows an error every day and time combination I try for The Catch, including early port days which I expected to be open. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it possible they are totally sold out?

Are you trying to book on the app?  If so, try the web version.

Please tell us what the error message says.

• Like 1

The 'web version' that I believe @Rick&Jeannie was referring to was once you log into your Cruise Personalizer, under the Summary tab in the Check-In With the Princess Cruises® App section there is a 'Try our web version' link. Then log into the web version of the App with either your Princess.com login username/password OR log in with your Booking number.

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 5.08.54 PM.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I think you'll find that working with the "web version" is much easier...but it needs to be on a desktop/laptop with a larger screen.

I can't do this on the website. When I try, it say's it have moved to the app. 

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, bagney said:

The 'web version' that I believe @Rick&Jeannie was referring to was once you log into your Cruise Personalizer, under the Summary tab in the Check-In With the Princess Cruises® App section there is a 'Try our web version' link. Then log into the web version of the App with either your Princess.com login username/password OR log in with your Booking number.

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 5.08.54 PM.png

Using the web version is much more succcessful!

Well bummer, I was really hoping that would work. At least the error has a little bit more information but I still can't book it. What seems so odd to me is why is it only this one restaurant, I can book the others fine!

Thanks everyone, I'll probably have to contact Princess to see if they can help. 😔

Capture2.PNG

A few weeks ago, I had the same issues trying to book Catch for a late February 2024 sailing.

The app and the website were useless, both halting me with errors or not even being able to see the restaurant as an option. 

Then I tried the "chat" function, which was equally useless, as it didn't work either....although I tried to get it to engage on several different occasions.  

Then it was on to dreaded Plan C: I had to call the Princess phone number and speak to someone.  She got it done for me.  It wasn't as horrible as I was steeling myself up for...should've done it first.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mrgoodbar said:

CruiseMob, I am having the same problem.  Princess was no help with trying to book The Catch.

Oh no, I was too busy to try today, maybe I'll try tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, JGmf said:

A few weeks ago, I had the same issues trying to book Catch for a late February 2024 sailing.

The app and the website were useless, both halting me with errors or not even being able to see the restaurant as an option. 

Then I tried the "chat" function, which was equally useless, as it didn't work either....although I tried to get it to engage on several different occasions.  

Then it was on to dreaded Plan C: I had to call the Princess phone number and speak to someone.  She got it done for me.  It wasn't as horrible as I was steeling myself up for...should've done it first.

Hmm, I was going to try chat, but maybe I should just call. Thanks!

I was having a similar issue and it turned out to be the credit card.   The credit card was in my name with DH as authorized user.  Added a second card and was able to book for April 3 cruise.   
I cannot book under my account as the app shows me as blue.   Well

beyond blue.

Edited by kiwimum

13 hours ago, CruiseMob said:

Is it new? I've never been on Discovery and have only done 1 Princess cruise in 2018 on Ruby.

The following statement was released in April of this year:

New Concept from Award-Winning Chef Rudi Sodamin Now Onboard Enchanted Princess, Coming Soon to Majestic Princess, Sky Princess and Discovery Princess

We have enjoyed The Catch twice now on the Sky Princess...I don't know if it has opened yet on Discovery.  Perhaps someone else can confirm?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CruiseMob said:

Is it new? I've never been on Discovery and have only done 1 Princess cruise in 2018 on Ruby.

Yes it is new.

Have reservations on the Enchanted for our late February cruise.

Edited by Potstech

On 12/17/2023 at 3:35 PM, CruiseMob said:

Same here!