grand princess 20th December till 22nd of January

Re the scrambled eggs on the ships, they and omelets are often made with liquid egg from a carton, seen them make them on Princess and HAL.  The liquid egg some contains wheat as a thickener, so coeliacs beware. The ships scrambled eggs using liquid egg are thus sometimes rubbery and not nice as reported above by yes! yes! yes! on Grand Princess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

he gets on my nerves a bit expecting the audience to sing a long and participate all the time.

Gotta agree with you here.

I got dragged along to one of his shows by Mrs Elf...... she was raving about him pre-show.

I thought it was crap. Even Mrs Elf admitted it wasn't his best.

He seemed to talk more than sing.

I was there to hear music not a monologue.

My 2c

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

Gotta agree with you here.

I got dragged along to one of his shows by Mrs Elf...... she was raving about him pre-show.

I thought it was crap. Even Mrs Elf admitted it wasn't his best.

He seemed to talk more than sing.

I was there to hear music not a monologue.

My 2c

We saw him on the Coral and thought the same thing.  Also we wanted to hear him sing, not the audience!  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, patch nine said:

We saw him on the Coral and thought the same thing.  Also we wanted to hear him sing, not the audience!  

agree.

he's on again tonight.

will give it a miss

11 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

we aren't going to wellington today  because of wind. another sea day.

I was hoping he was going to say picton instead. weather looks nice outside. its like a fridge inside as usual.

Once again, I am really enjoying your posts and look forward to your informative information each day. Making me look forward to my two upcoming Princess cruises.

Thankyou.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

we aren't going to wellington today  because of wind. another sea day.

I was hoping he was going to say picton instead. weather looks nice outside. its like a fridge inside as usual.

That's a shame. We are a couple days behind you on the Royal. Sitting in Dunedin at the moment. It's been interesting weather for us. Dead calm across the Tasman. Made it into all the Fiords, but been freezing cold and rain started once we exited Milfred. Forecast says the temperature will drop for us tomorrow in Christchurch. From 29 today down to 14 tomorrow, so it's following us. Hoping we make it into Wellington. 

10 minutes ago, Cruise ship fan said:

That's a shame. We are a couple days behind you on the Royal. Sitting in Dunedin at the moment. It's been interesting weather for us. Dead calm across the Tasman. Made it into all the Fiords, but been freezing cold and rain started once we exited Milfred. Forecast says the temperature will drop for us tomorrow in Christchurch. From 29 today down to 14 tomorrow, so it's following us. Hoping we make it into Wellington. 

On our first NZ cruise we had a similar weather change. 30 in Akaroa one day then 14 in Dunedin the next day. Ah well, it is NZ after all.

I'm currently trying to decide what layers I need to take to Tassie next week. I think the mornings will be cool on our port days so I might need my hoodie but I should be able to leave my fleece at home.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

4 hours ago, Cruise ship fan said:

wellington is unique in that its a windy approach.

hope you make it.

I think I need another cruise on royal. its been a while 

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

On our first NZ cruise we had a similar weather change. 30 in Akaroa one day then 14 in Dunedin the next day. Ah well, it is NZ after all.

I'm currently trying to decide what layers I need to take to Tassie next week. I think the mornings will be cool on our port days so I might need my hoodie but I should be able to leave my fleece at home.

I take a coat every where.

we both had the pork.

we didn't eat it all.

pork was dry, fig glaze was too sweet and apple sauce was vile.

we skipped dessert.

might have to get a late night snack from international Cafe or a slice of pizza.

its Abba night tonight.

20240114_161823.jpg

20240114_161834.jpg

20240114_162618.jpg