Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar - Princess Plus Menu

Keata

I seemed to have now found this:

Ocean Terrace is available on the Discovery Princess, Enchanted Princess, Regal Princess, Royal Princess, and Sky Princess. The $14.99 cover charge (waved for “Plus” guests for their first two “casual dining” meals and always for “Premier” guests) includes one appetizer, one nigiri or sashimi, and two maki rolls.

3 hours ago, Keata said:

I have searched but can not find the menu that would be used for the casual dining that is allowed under the Princess Plus package.  Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas to those celebrating today!

+1 on the Ocean Terrace, you will love it. My wife is a huge sushi fan and adores the place, eats there a number of times each sailing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keata said:

I seemed to have now found this:

Ocean Terrace is available on the Discovery Princess, Enchanted Princess, Regal Princess, Royal Princess, and Sky Princess. The $14.99 cover charge (waved for “Plus” guests for their first two “casual dining” meals and always for “Premier” guests) includes one appetizer, one nigiri or sashimi, and two maki rolls.

You will find each ship might be offering slightly different choices. On Sapphire it is the set menu in post #3, NO substitutions on sea days at Vines/Alfredo’s.

When I was Majestic, early October, choices were as in your quote above, but I think they have now charged to the ‘set’ menu in post #3.

On Discovery in late October, package passengers could customize the ‘set’ menu from post #3, so I could ask for 5 shrimp nigiri(believe it is only 4 pieces now) and have California roll instead of the Spicy tuna roll. 

I recall a recent post where passenger said on a Royal class ship, with package you could only get the ‘set’ menu as in post #3, no substitutions allowed.

It appears ships are moving to protocol that if you have/use package, your choice it the set menu, no substitutions.

• Thanks 1

On my current Royal Princess cruise, Ocean Terrace was a fixed menu exactly as shown/mentioned above, but instead of the seaweed salad, it's a mushroom/greens salad with ponzu sauce. If you have premier package, since it is unlimited, you can just sit and order edamame, or just the roll etc. as many and as often as you like. (still stuck within the included items though)

Alfredos allows you to choose from anything on the menu but in a fixed 3 course with 1 item from each course if you have the plus package. It becomes fully unrestrictive / no limits when you have premier package.

Edited by cruise_critical
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Menú from the Enchanted Princess, Dec 2023.

20231126_115058.thumb.jpg.9cf5ffb6af29c4f85989585d32347a4e.jpg

Do you choose one of the mains listed or do you get all of them? (My guess is choose one but it never hurts to be clear.) How large is each of the listed items?

Edited by Thrak

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Do you choose one of the mains listed or do you get all of them? (My guess is choose one but it never hurts to be clear.) How large is each of the listed items?

You get ALL of the mains, The nigiri is a protein on top of a ‘rice ball’ that is about 1 inch. The roll is 8 pieces and your typical sushi roll size.

Edited by wallyj
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MacMadame said:

That is a LOT of food. All these casual dining menus have enough food for two.

That's our issue with them. One of the meals is enough food for both of us and they don't want to sell just one. What's the point of insisting we take way more food than we will eat? It just ends up with food that has to be thrown out. If they would let us share one of the pre fixe meals we would be happy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

That's our issue with them. One of the meals is enough food for both of us and they don't want to sell just one. What's the point of insisting we take way more food than we will eat? It just ends up with food that has to be thrown out. If they would let us share one of the pre fixe meals we would be happy.

So as to not get any crew in trouble, I will not name the ships,  I know of at least 2 ships recently that allowed sharing of the sushi, so one person would order the ‘set’ menu and another passenger would be able to sit and share the meal. One even allowed you to get the sushi platter to go, hope this policy (sharing and Togo) will be adopted on the other ships. 

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

One even allowed you to get the sushi platter to go, hope this policy (sharing and Togo) will be adopted on the other ships. 

Edited 1 hour ago by wallyj

The only "solution" I have heard offered was the "to go" option. Take the meal "to go" and then share it in another location. Lame. Really lame.

@gvre, thank you for the photo, I believe the menu has been updated to only 4 pieces of nigiri being 2 salmon, 1 tuna and I ebi(shrimp). Was the Discovery still allowing substitutions ? 

In Oct, I was able to request all Ebi nigiri and California roll instead of the Spicy Tuna roll.

Guest Snaxmuppet
1 hour ago, wallyj said:

@gvre, thank you for the photo, I believe the menu has been updated to only 4 pieces of nigiri being 2 salmon, 1 tuna and I ebi(shrimp). Was the Discovery still allowing substitutions ? 

In Oct, I was able to request all Ebi nigiri and California roll instead of the Spicy Tuna roll.

Crickey! When is the cutting back going to end?

This is now getting to the point where we are getting so cheesed off with Princess that we may not consider another cruise after the one we have booked. My head says it is still pretty good value but my heart says we are not important to Princess anymore and that they are now taking us very much for granted. 

I suppose they will continue to do whatever they can get away with and all the while they fill ships they will continue to cut back but it makes me feel as if we really don't matter to Princess anymore.

@Snaxmuppet, I hope you did not misunderstand and think the sushi menu was cut down to ONLY the nigiri. You now get 4 not 5 pieces of nigiri AND the 8 pieces of maki roll, being the spicy tuna roll, so the cutback is the loss of 1 piece of nigiri, as shown in post #10. Post #15 from November Discovery shows 5 pieces of nigiri.

Edited by wallyj

Guest Snaxmuppet
3 hours ago, wallyj said:

@Snaxmuppet, I hope you did not misunderstand and think the sushi menu was cut down to ONLY the nigiri. You now get 4 not 5 pieces of nigiri AND the 8 pieces of maki roll, being the spicy tuna roll, so the cutback is the loss of 1 piece of nigiri, as shown in post #10. Post #15 from November Discovery shows 5 pieces of nigiri.

I didn't misunderstand but that for pointing it out.

It is just a pattern of recent cut-backs that worries me.

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I don’t eat raw. Does anyone know if it is possible to only order rolls that are cooked? 

It appears for the ‘set’ if you are using a package, it is a fixed menu but on the Discovery in October, they let my customize as I was able to request my nigiri to be all ebi(shrimp) and my maki roll to be California roll which is basically, avocado, cucumber and crab(imitation), so no ‘raw’ per se.

If you are ordering ala carte, there are non raw items, veggie rolls, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, wallyj said:

We were on the discovery a few weeks ago. We did have the premier package but were able to get exactly what we wanted whenever we went.

@MsSoCalCruiser.. I actually will eat raw fish but definitely prefer it to be cooked.  I discovered I loved the vegetable rolls the most.  My DH doesn’t like any raw fish so we just ordered the California rolls and vegetable rolls along with the edamame.  I could eat edamame beans every day!  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

We were on the discovery a few weeks ago. We did have the premier package but were able to get exactly what we wanted whenever we went.

@MsSoCalCruiser.. I actually will eat raw fish but definitely prefer it to be cooked.  I discovered I loved the vegetable rolls the most.  My DH doesn’t like any raw fish so we just ordered the California rolls and vegetable rolls along with the edamame.  I could eat edamame beans every day!  

Thank you.  I love edamame beans! Your order is exactly what my order would be. I also like the one with the cooked shrimp on top. I’m not sure what that one’s called though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you.  I love edamame beans! Your order is exactly what my order would be. I also like the one with the cooked shrimp on top. I’m not sure what that one’s called though.

I think that is the nigiri .. too much rice for me, though.  

It’s particularly hard for me to figure out chopsticks.  Many have tried to teach me and have failed.  
In addition to the edamame, I love the Maki rolls with some spicy sauce, ginger and wasabi!  I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.  
Neither of us were crazy about the seaweed salad, so they always just left that part of the order off.  Plus, we always just split one plate .. again, we had the premier package so that was never an issue!  They seemed to like to bring us more and I hate wasting food so we politely turned it down.  We find we like food a lot more on a return visit if we leave just a little tiny bit hungry.