Specialty dining question

coscab

We have fantastica experience, I see that 2 specialty dining package purchased before boarding is 85.00, fantastica gets 20 percent off, anyone know if that is an additional 20 percent off the 85.00.  We really only want to go to Teppanyaki  because we have butchers cut diamond perk but would buy the package if it is under 70.00 each.  I don't see a discounted package for 1 specialty restaurant.

21 hours ago, Até said:

Where do you see Fantastica experience gets 20% off specialty dining?

Fantastica Experience Benefits: opportunity to choose the cabin and its location, 1 free cruise change (Terms and Conditions apply), modern ships and elegant cabins, MSC for ME (where available), 24-hour room service (delivery for free), breakfast in cabin (delivery for free), discounted drink package option available at the time of booking, extensive Buffet with a wide array of cuisine, Main Restaurants serving gourmet meals accommodating a variety of dietary restrictions, chance to request preferred dinner sitting (subject to availability), 20% discount on a dedicated specialty restaurant prepaid package, varied programme of Broadway-style Theatre shows, pool area, open-air sports facilities, well equipped gym with panoramic view, entertainment activities for adults, infants and children, recreational activities for children, qualified multilingual personnel, MSC Voyagers Club points

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2023 at 3:52 PM, coscab said:

We have fantastica experience, I see that 2 specialty dining package purchased before boarding is 85.00, fantastica gets 20 percent off, anyone know if that is an additional 20 percent off the 85.00.  We really only want to go to Teppanyaki  because we have butchers cut diamond perk but would buy the package if it is under 70.00 each.  I don't see a discounted package for 1 specialty restaurant.

Teppanyaki is not included in the package, as far as I know. I say that not from personal experience but based on what I’ve read and seen on YouTube etc. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, drewlavelle said:

Teppanyaki is not included in the package, as far as I know. I say that not from personal experience but based on what I’ve read and seen on YouTube etc. 

The menu for the restaurant reads....   ... 

"Sencho Dining Experience is included in the Dining Experience package.

If you have purchased the package, you may replace it with Shogun for an extra $20 per person"

image.thumb.png.63b897d3d3077945697bff39

..and the MSC site has...

2 SPECIALITY DINING EXPERIENCES

871.jpg

Butcher's Cut Steakhouse & Kaito Teppanyaki The Butcher's Cut Steakhouse celebrates America?s craft heritage combined with the skills of the master butcher. The Kaito Teppanyaki restaurant serves authentic, mouth-watering Sencho menu prepared with spectacular flips and tricks right before your eyes. This package includes food only. A dining experience menu will be offered to guests who purchase the package, with upgrades options at 50%. The menu delivers the dining concept experience. Day of booking to be confirmed on board. This package is only available for Guests over 13 years old. Kids? Menus are available. No charges for children under the age of 3 years old.

...for the 2 meal package that the OP has.

(Yes, the typo is theirs. 😉)

Edited by Two Wheels Only

On 12/26/2023 at 9:30 AM, coscab said:

Fantastica Experience Benefits: opportunity to choose the cabin and its location, 1 free cruise change 

What does one free cruise change mean? Does it mean what it sounds like. Switch to a different cruise?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Tim Cruise said:

What does one free cruise change mean? Does it mean what it sounds like. Switch to a different cruise?

From the US Terms, section 13:

For Bookings with the Fantastica, Aurea or Yacht Club Experience, one departure date change can be made free of charge from the time the Booking penalty period begins, as stated in the above cancellation chart, until 30 days prior to departure. Any subsequent departure date change will result in a fee of $50 per person. The new departure date must be within 90 days of the original departure date. Any change to a date that is more 
than 90 days from the original departure date is considered a cancellation and is subject to the above cancellation charges. Any change made less than 30 days prior to departure is considered a cancellation and is subject to the above cancellation charges.

booking-terms-and-conditions-231208.pdf

Edited by Até

49 minutes ago, Até said:

From the US Terms, section 13:

For Bookings with the Fantastica, Aurea or Yacht Club Experience, one departure date change can be made free of charge from the time the Booking penalty period begins, as stated in the above cancellation chart, until 30 days prior to departure. Any subsequent departure date change will result in a fee of $50 per person. The new departure date must be within 90 days of the original departure date. Any change to a date that is more 
than 90 days from the original departure date is considered a cancellation and is subject to the above cancellation charges. Any change made less than 30 days prior to departure is considered a cancellation and is subject to the above cancellation charges.

booking-terms-and-conditions-231208.pdf 372.72 kB · 0 downloads

Booking penalty??? Why would anyone be penalized for giving a company money??? 

12 minutes ago, Tim Cruise said:

Booking penalty??? Why would anyone be penalized for giving a company money??? 

The point at which cancellation would result in a penalty, before that point there is no need to change, you just cancel and rebook.