Port Canaveral

zumbagold

To answer the OP's question, I prefer to stay in Orlando.  You have to pay the shuttle to get from MCO (or Orlando) to Port Canaveral so the only question is when!  Some prefer a very quiet evening before the cruise, while others (like us) prefer to do something fun in Orlando (and then take the shuttle to Port Canaveral in the morning of the cruise).  If you'd like a list of fun things to do in/near Orlando, we can provide that list also!

• Like 1

We usually stay onboard since we cruise out of there often and have done a lot of things when we are there for a few days..  Space center, Cocoa Beach and pier, and  Space Coast River tour.  We also have friends who live there.   One thing I would suggest is not to go to WDW or Universal.  There's just not enough time for what it costs.  

Edited by BND

10 hours ago, zumbagold said:

Thanks everyone! I am sorry I wasn’t  clear. Yes it is a port a call and we have been to the space center. Thinking a beach since we are coming from cold weather. 😀

What time of year will you be coming? Water will be very cool at the beach this time of year

On 12/26/2023 at 7:52 PM, MD_Dan said:

To answer the OP's question, I prefer to stay in Orlando.  You have to pay the shuttle to get from MCO (or Orlando) to Port Canaveral so the only question is when!  Some prefer a very quiet evening before the cruise, while others (like us) prefer to do something fun in Orlando (and then take the shuttle to Port Canaveral in the morning of the cruise).  If you'd like a list of fun things to do in/near Orlando, we can provide that list also!

What is the shuttle from Orlando to the port? We are thinking of staying at a resort in Orlando the night before the cruise so we can have some fun and enjoy a bit of Florida, rather than just staying at an airport hotel.

We planned on flying into MCO; Uber/Lyft an Orlando hotel (close the action); and getting a shuttle to PC.  The trouble with that plan is that the best (and most affordable) shuttle services pickup from MCO and the airport hotels.  So you will pay Uber/Lyft (both ways) - no matter if you stay at a airport hotel (and Uber/Lyft to/from the action) or closer to the action (and Uber/Lybft to/from the airport hotel/MCO).  We planned on staying at the airport hotel, assured that the shuttle would visit the hotel in the embarkation morning with fewer chances of glitches.  But either way will work! 

It also matters how many are in your party.  The shuttle charges ~$30 pp from Orlando to PC.  For more than two people, I'd look into a one-way car rental to PC.  The Uber/Lyft is per car so you probably wont recoup the rental cost on two Uber/Lyft rides.  But you can get a one-way rental for less than $90.

https://www.goport.com/cruise-blog/orlando-hotels-with-shuttle-to-port-canaveral/

https://portcanaveralconnection.com/shuttle-from-orlando-hotels-to-port-canaveral/

https://www.orlandoshuttleservice.com/transportation-services/hotel-and-port-canaveral-shuttles

https://www.cruisecontrol-transportation.com/

Just note that some only go from MCO to PC while others pickup from some airport hotels.

• Like 1