New Princess App available

iamaqt2

46 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Not a huge deal, but we have done 31 cruises with Princess and somehow we apparently are now first timers "new to Princess" on the new app? 🙄 Not sure it is worth the effort of a chat session to try and fix it before our cruise next week or wait until onboard and see if it changes. 

We have been "blue" on old and new app until this morning.  Used the booking numbers to sign into the new app (cruise this March and last cruise in May 2025) and both now show Black Elite Seawitch on the Profile tab and on  the  Home tab when you scroll down to the "Best Wi-Fi at Sea" paragraph.it now shows Elite wi-fi package.  Old app still has Blue Seawitch.

17 hours ago, DHP1 said:

We will have to wait and see this Thursday as one member will report back to us on this Shoreside process. I’m surprise no one else has commented on this process who just came back from a cruise. The simplest solution is to make it optional, but they won’t. It’s been in place now over a year and hasn’t been changed. 

The Shoreside thing was there on our cruise in November. I didn't put my CC on it then and I won't on the upcoming cruise next month so I think it is optional. I guess if you really want your Medallion before you cruise it isn't optional but for us, waiting an extra 10-15 mins before being allowed in to the terminal because we don't have our medallion isn't an issue. We still board according to our loyalty level, so meh, whatever.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kamelia said:

I’ll find out on Thursday and plan on reporting back then 😊

Excellent. Once on board check your App to see if your credit card shows up under Shoreside Transactions. Thank you 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nbsjcruiser said:

The Shoreside thing was there on our cruise in November. I didn't put my CC on it then and I won't on the upcoming cruise next month so I think it is optional. I guess if you really want your Medallion before you cruise it isn't optional but for us, waiting an extra 10-15 mins before being allowed in to the terminal because we don't have our medallion isn't an issue. We still board according to our loyalty level, so meh, whatever.

I guess if you really want your Medallion before you cruise it isn't optional”

I was just wondering then they must used your cc under Shoreside Transactions to pay for the shipping fee unless you have the package. 

3 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I was just wondering then they must used your cc under Shoreside Transactions to pay for the shipping fee unless you have the package. 

I would expect just the opposite. Medallion shipping costs (and Specialty Dining) should be considered as onboard transactions. Effy, Diamonds International and Senor Frog shoreside transactions.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see this upcoming European cruises season if Shoreside Transactions shows up in the App. My guess, it will be grey out.  Currently, you can not use your Medallion to buy things off shore in Europe because, its not available. 

2 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I would expect just the opposite. Medallion shipping costs (and Specialty Dining) should be considered as onboard transactions. Effy, Diamonds International and Senor Frog shoreside transactions.

Thats what I thought. My mind is wondering to find if there any reasonings to all of this. 

Just now, DHP1 said:

It will be interesting to see this upcoming European cruises season if Shoreside Transactions shows up in the App. My guess, it will be grey out.  Currently, you can not use your Medallion to buy things off shore in Europe because, its not available. 

I can tell you it is not greyed out for either Europe or South America itineraries.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I can tell you it is not greyed out for either Europe or South America itineraries.

So common sense tells me it’s optional. I know😀

3 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Not a huge deal, but we have done 31 cruises with Princess and somehow we apparently are now first timers "new to Princess" on the new app? 🙄 Not sure it is worth the effort of a chat session to try and fix it before our cruise next week or wait until onboard and see if it changes. 

I believe someone has already sent an e-mail on this issue to IT. 

21 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I didn't think Medallions are shipped outside the United States?

One good thing about the old App is that it recognizes that we have flights book with EZair and will be arriving one week before our cruise in Barcelona. So, the shipping to home becomes “not available” in the App, which is fine to us. I don’t mind standing in the blue lane with hundreds of others doing the same. Lol. 

Edited by DHP1

57 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

We are not signed up for it and our medallions have been shipped. When I opened the new app all it wanted was our phone numbers updated. That being said I am still planning to use the old app on our cruise January 23

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

When you checked in at the port, they didn’t ask you to authorize your credit card for shoreside?

I was concerned that even if we didn’t include the credit card info for shoreside in the app, Princess might require us to authorize it at check in at the port…hence they put is in the blue lane.

29 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

When you checked in at the port, they didn’t ask you to authorize your credit card for shoreside?

I was concerned that even if we didn’t include the credit card info for shoreside in the app, Princess might require us to authorize it at check in at the port…hence they put is in the blue lane.

Absolutely no reason for Princess to "require" the shoreside info. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, doghog said:

Absolutely no reason for Princess to "require" the shoreside info. 

Yep, agree.  I am just asking because Princess doesn’t allow someone to opt out on the app.  And if you don’t complete it in the app, you’re only 6/7 complete.  I completely agree with you.  But sometimes what Princess does isn’t always logical.  So was just wanting confirmation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Yep, agree.  I am just asking because Princess doesn’t allow someone to opt out on the app.  And if you don’t complete it in the app, you’re only 6/7 complete.  I completely agree with you.  But sometimes what Princess does isn’t always logical.  So was just wanting confirmation.

Sometimes. 😂 Agree. An issue the previous app didn't "require". We both were in the green lane in the previous app. My wife currently is in the green lane in the new app and I'm 6/7. I'll stay 6/7 and see what happens in March at the embarkation center. No way am I provided any CC info for the shoreside. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, doghog said:

Sometimes. 😂 Agree. An issue the previous app didn't "require". We both were in the green lane in the previous app. My wife currently is in the green lane in the new app and I'm 6/7. I'll stay 6/7 and see what happens in March at the embarkation center. No way am I provided any CC info for the shoreside. 

Same here!  I’ll stay at 6/7!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mthomp5 said:

I do not recall having to present my credit card when checking in at a cruise terminal in recent years, so I don’t expect to be asked to authorize shoreside transactions when I check in tomorrow.  Once onboard, I will go to Guest Services when they are not busy to see if they have any way of seeing that information on their computer system.  I’ll post what happens tomorrow with checking in, but it may be a few days before I have any further information about what I find onboard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't want the shoreside charging to my portfolio.  DW & I are Green in the original app, and we sail in late February.  We have already been charged the shipping fee for the Medallions, so I don't really care if I have the new app or not.  I'm not going to go with the 'latest and greatest' just to have a requirement I don't want in the first place.

As long as I'm 'Ocean Ready' on the web pages, I don't plan on downloading the new app so it can muddle my arrangements.  I've been trying to check my status on the Princess web page, but surprise! surprise! Princess is experiencing technical issues with their web site today....😂 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I do not recall having to present my credit card when checking in at a cruise terminal in recent years, so I don’t expect to be asked to authorize shoreside transactions when I check in tomorrow.  Once onboard, I will go to Guest Services when they are not busy to see if they have any way of seeing that information on their computer system.  I’ll post what happens tomorrow with checking in, but it may be a few days before I have any further information about what I find onboard.

I do not recall having to present my credit card when checking in at a cruise terminal in recent years, so I don’t expect to be asked to authorize shoreside transactions when I check in tomorrow

So how do you pay your invoice at the end of the cruise? Or, arrangements are made to pay cash. 

Edited by DHP1

6 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I don't want the shoreside charging to my portfolio.  DW & I are Green in the original app, and we sail in late February.  We have already been charged the shipping fee for the Medallions, so I don't really care if I have the new app or not.  I'm not going to go with the 'latest and greatest' just to have a requirement I don't want in the first place.

As long as I'm 'Ocean Ready' on the web pages, I don't plan on downloading the new app so it can muddle my arrangements.  I've been trying to check my status on the Princess web page, but surprise! surprise! Princess is experiencing technical issues with their web site today....😂 

There are those that don’t even use the app or even the medallions, so I imagine if Princess gets enough pushback on this from those that do, they will fix it in the system.  I’m not one having any problems with the new app and I actually like it but, I liked the old app as well.  To force people into not using it is not something I believe Princess will embrace.  If people don’t like it, they simply won’t use it!  Whether that means they will just do everything we based or move to another line, time will tell.  
I did see someone on FB comment that they told her that if she didn’t fill out the shoreside info, she would be denied boarding.  Either she misunderstood that statement or someone gave her some very inaccurate info.  

• Like 5

I downloaded new app and it is working well but I still have old app too.  I like to be able to see all the cruises I have booked on the old app.  Hopefully the new app will include that feature soon.  Boarding soon, green lane shows on both apps and so do dining reservations.  Did notice on back to back that we are taking soon (old app) it lists the 2nd cabin number not the original boarding date cabin but new app shows first cabin we are occupying.   Little quirks here and there but overall satisfied with how the transition is going.

Something I don't believe anyone has brought up on this new app:  On the old app, I had my travel companions and then if they "approved" me, we could all "find" each other on the ship.    

I don't see this feature in the new app.    Am I missing something?

• Thanks 1