New Princess App available

iamaqt2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, memoak said:

My question is why would you use a cell phone on lsmd and lock it up once you board. Why not leave it at home you don’t need it to get on board 

You avoided my questions! Are you able to function in life without your cell phone? 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, doghog said:

You avoided my questions! 

Not at all I have been cruising since 1990 and I have had use of Internet cafes not too long after that. I fail to see why we should avoid technology that is available to us. Locking a cell phone in a safe makes no sense at all. My question is why do you even have one ?

Edited by memoak
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, memoak said:

Not at all I have been cruising since 1990 and I have had use of Internet cafes not too long after that. I fail to see why we should avoid technology that is available to us. Locking a cell phone in a safe makes no sense at all

You must've traveled or just living life in general long before all this technology and lived thru it. Yes cell phones, internet are very convenient and makes our live easy when we really need them. Even when I don't, like right now.  It really doesn't matter if it makes sense to you what I elect to do. What doesn't make sense to me is why do you care? Would you not call that personal preferences? 

My answer to you is, none of your business. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

sorry if this has been asked already.

I have a suite booked for October. (very rare for me to book suites).

Once in the past I did have a suite and the old Appl when I looked for main dining, always said that we had the special dining area reserved for suites and reserve mini suites.

The new appl doesn't have that and only gives me a choice in the regular dining rooms where I select the dining room, time etc.

Do the suites still have Reserve dining or whatever it is called now.?

I most probably won't even use the special area because I may want to dine with friends instead.

8 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

sorry if this has been asked already.

I have a suite booked for October. (very rare for me to book suites).

Once in the past I did have a suite and the old Appl when I looked for main dining, always said that we had the special dining area reserved for suites and reserve mini suites.

The new appl doesn't have that and only gives me a choice in the regular dining rooms where I select the dining room, time etc.

Do the suites still have Reserve dining or whatever it is called now.?

I most probably won't even use the special area because I may want to dine with friends instead.

Are you sure you are in a full suite or in a mini suite ?  I am in a full suite and if I go the MDR on the app it tells me that reserve dining cannot make reservations. I would not book a full suite if I did not intend to use the dining I am paying for

I'm booked to cruise in August.   I've downloaded the app and completed the registration but I can't add my cruise onto the app.   I have a compatable iPhone.   Each time I try to add a journey I get the message internal server error.   I've deleted the app and reinstalled it.   I've switched my phone off and on again and still keep getting the same message.   

Has this happened to anyone else?   Does anyone have any tips?   I've only paid the deposit so far so could that be the reason.   I've managed to fill in some details online but I prefer working with an app if possible.   

4 hours ago, Valentina69 said:

Each time I try to add a journey I get the message internal server error.   I've deleted the app and reinstalled it.

I keep getting the message that the booking belongs to another passenger.

I suspect it’s because my D.O.B on the App is incorrect.

I have reached out to our TA, who have checked with Princess who say that that they have the correct D.O.B.

The TA have given me a phone number to ring.

IMG_1753.thumb.png.511a2ebde489c20d23267f755e1d4b6b.png

4 hours ago, Valentina69 said:

I'm booked to cruise in August.   I've downloaded the app and completed the registration but I can't add my cruise onto the app.   I have a compatable iPhone.   Each time I try to add a journey I get the message internal server error.   I've deleted the app and reinstalled it.   I've switched my phone off and on again and still keep getting the same message.   

Has this happened to anyone else?   Does anyone have any tips?   I've only paid the deposit so far so could that be the reason.   I've managed to fill in some details online but I prefer working with an app if possible.   

@Valentina69  You can’t add a cruise into the app yourself.  Your bookings will appear automatically in the app anywhere from 2-3 days after you have booked them.  

if it has been longer than that and the cruise still doesn’t appear when you log in with your id and password, try logging into the app with the booking number.  There could be a disconnect with personal information as seems to be happening with @upwarduk.  

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Valentina69 said:

hope you get sorted upwarduk

I deleted the App last night and have now downloaded it this morning and all is OK now.👍

I had done this before, but I suspect the phone call to Princess from the T.A sorted something.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, memoak said:

Are you sure you are in a full suite or in a mini suite ?  I am in a full suite and if I go the MDR on the app it tells me that reserve dining cannot make reservations. I would not book a full suite if I did not intend to use the dining I am paying for

Yes, in a  full suite. I will definitely use the breakfast in Sabatinis and lunch, only the occasional dinner with friends won't I use.

On 5/8/2024 at 8:12 PM, doghog said:

What did you do before you had a cell phone? Would you not cruise if you didn't have a cell phone? How would you get by if you lost your cell phone while on a cruise? What would you do if you got on a cruise and found out you had no cell phone service? What did you do before the ships had internet service? 

It's one thing to be gone for a week or two, but I honestly can't imagine considering a month, much less a world cruise, without internet access. Prior to having smart phones and access to the internet, it was much more difficult to be away from home for long periods of time. Today, it's possible to monitor and pay bills, keep in touch with friends and family, book and change travel and tour arrangements, be easily reached by work, house sitters etc.  

My phone also has replaced my camera, alarm clock, and many, many sheets of printed paper.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

It's one thing to be gone for a week or two, but I honestly can't imagine considering a month, much less a world cruise, without internet access. Prior to having smart phones and access to the internet, it was much more difficult to be away from home for long periods of time. Today, it's possible to monitor and pay bills, keep in touch with friends and family, book and change travel and tour arrangements, be easily reached by work, house sitters etc.  

My phone also has replaced my camera, alarm clock, and many, many sheets of printed paper.

So true. It’s like asking can’t you get along without electricity or cars. I guess people got along without them at some point but who would want to ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, memoak said:

So true. It’s like asking can’t you get along without electricity or cars. I guess people got along without them at some point but who would want to ?

You make a good point.  I'm sure there were lots of people who thought the telephone itself was silly and needless when it was first invented. I certainly didn't see a day when we'd all want or need a computer at home, much less in our pockets, when I first started using one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Torfamm said:

To each their own. I have no reason to justify what I do or don't do. Like I previously said, cell phones, internet are very convenient and makes our live easy when we really need them. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, doghog said:

To each their own. I have no reason to justify what I do or don't do. Like I previously said, cell phones, internet are very convenient and makes our live easy when we really need them. 

Agreed, if you don’t want to take advantage of conveniences, you certainly don’t have to. I was simply answering your question. I personally wouldn’t be able to cruise as often or as long as I do if internet and smart phones were not available.

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Agreed, if you don’t want to take advantage of conveniences, you certainly don’t have to. I was simply answering your question. I personally wouldn’t be able to cruise as often or as long as I do if internet and smart phones were not available.

Only a convenience when I need it. I know I don't. Like I said in a previous post I only used the app a couple of times on a recent 11 day Enchanted cruise (and even on longer cruises) and that was only to check our onboard account. I didn't want to go down to the kiosk at GS to print it out. I prefer the option of reviewing our onboard account on the cabin TV. Not with Princess. 

And if you wouldn't be able to cruise as often without your phone and the internet,that's your choice and have your reasons why. Everyones wants or needs or different. Not for me to judge. 

Getting way off topic of this thread. Have a good day. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, morechances said:

Can someone please tell me if excursions and spa bookings will populate on the 'My Journey ' section of the app? Thanks 

My excursion doesn't (?). Only my DMW reservations show. 

The shore excursion shows on the website in my CP. 

Edited by doghog

2 hours ago, morechances said:

Can someone please tell me if excursions and spa bookings will populate on the 'My Journey ' section of the app? Thanks 

I’m 32 days out and mine do not.  But if I go to planner and tap on “book shore excursions”, they are there. I don’t know anything about the spa.

Hey all. Trying to book dining for a November Sun Princess cruise. Every time I try, I get this error message. I’ve put in a payment mode as requested (even though it’s zeroed outt given I have Premier) and checked all the boxes. Anyone else got this? See photo.

IMG_1899.png

I just checked the app and my excursions show up when I click Journey, book excursions, then scroll through the dates. I am 52 days out. 

Not sure if the dining is open in Nov for the Sun.  If it is, then I would try again, but try on the website version of the App under Dine my way.

It also could be ab error response because the IT department is redoing the MDR on all the ships for cruises after Sep 14th.  The reservations should he up and running on June 17th!  Hopefully.

This is not supposed to involve SD, but I bet it will affect them while they reprogram.  JMHO