New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 minute ago, BamaVol said:

Or maybe someone mistyped your booking number when trying to connect their group.

Or my corrupt data in the POLAR system rears its ugly head yet again! 🥴

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, kamelia said:

Or my corrupt data in the POLAR system rears its ugly head yet again! 🥴

Did you book the cruise through a TA? If so, did the TA somehow set up an entire group they had to dine together? Just trying to guess.....  🙃

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I’m still in the dark. 

On 4/8/2024 at 7:10 AM,  PacnGoNow said: 

Big family!🤣

Do you know all those people?

Crazy.  Must be on the Sun.

SMH

On 4/8/2024 at 7:13 AM,  memoa
k said: 

That eclipses my idea

If you lived in New York, as well as being in the dark, you'd be quaking in your boots...!

Edited by OzPilot

1 hour ago, tunisbridal said:

I tried to download the new app but it is not appearing in my search

Go to the App store:

search button:

Princess Cruises

You should see it, 2nd one down.  Click on it to get it.

You can also download it from your cruise personalizer, check in…you’ll see a Google link or Apple link to download the App.

Just in case someone is running into the below App issues we have been encountering for a while now. 

We had the same issue last week, only my DW's PCL account as well as her App profile had my email address, and my PCL account and App profile had her address. That was not the case a few weeks ago. Another issue we had was that my DW's "Elite" status would not show up in her App, even though it reflects Elite in her PCL account.

App Problems: We first got on the Live Chat on the PCL web page and the Chat POC told us she couldn't help but gave us a phone number to call to get help with the App profile "email address" issues. The new App POC resolved the email address mismatches. However, she was unable to fix the App Loyalty issue. So she created a "ticket" for someone to fix my DW's Loyalty status display on her App, which was magically resolved two days later.

PCL Personalizer Problem: Once the email addresses in our App profiles were corrected, the App POC switched us over to someone who could fix our online PCL Personalize email mismatches. To fix that issue, once he corrected the email addresses, the new Web POC had to reregister our accounts with different userids, basically giving each of our online accounts a new login entry. But no worries, all else stayed as it was in our respective accounts. That took all of 2 minutes and all was fixed.

Funny thing is once he created those new PCL logins, we could subsequently log onto the App using the new login/password combination. Prior to this, we always had to use the booking number process as the login/password combination never worked.

And so far all of the above fixes have remained in place! 🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone else had problems linking another Booking number (to create shipmates for booking dining) within the new App or on the Ocean Ready webpage?

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

I cannot find within the App where I might do that and when I attempt to link the Booking number of my daughter and her husband on the Ocean Ready webpage, it keeps returning to the page to input the booking number without linking the bookings.  

It was far easier to complete this on the old App. There seem to be as many problems with this new App as there were with the previous one.

30 minutes ago, Cruise Starter said:

Has anyone else had problems linking another Booking number (to create shipmates for booking dining) within the new App or on the Ocean Ready webpage?

I cannot find within the App where I might do that and when I attempt to link the Booking number of my daughter and her husband on the Ocean Ready webpage, it keeps returning to the page to input the booking number without linking the bookings.  

It was far easier to complete this on the old App. There seem to be as many problems with this new App as there were with the previous one.

I linked with my daughter’s booking number on the old app and reserved a table for all of us.  On the new app I still have a table for six, but I thought I could see the names of my linked table mates on the old app and can no longer. Your post is a reminder to check with them that they still show a table for six at the correct time and location. I agree that the new app brought new problems.

36 minutes ago, Cruise Starter said:

That’s a link to oceanReady on the website.  Do not try to link bookings on the website, it doesn’t work, never has.

Are you off your cruise now?  If you’re still OB, you can’t work on future cruises on the App.  Only on the website.

If you’re home, use the App to make dining reservations.  You click book dining…pull up the MDR you want, look at the date, see top right corner. Person outline with a +.  Click on that and add the other person’s booking number.  Select the person/persons you want to add to your reservation.

App has always been this way, adding their booking number in the dining section.

However, you do not say when you’re traveling or the ship.  They are updating the dining section of the App/website now.  (Except Sun Princess)
If you’re traveling before Sep 14th, go ahead and try the above.  If you’re traveling later, you’ll need to wait until June 17th to book your dining MDR reservations.  

If you’re booking SD, or in reserve class, those should not be affected be affected by the dates or guidelines above.

However, I have noticed some glitches in these changes on the App.  So, I’m just waiting till June 17th to redo or book my MDR reservations for later this year.  SMH

Precruise shouldn't be this complicated. We are trying to update to our new passport numbers. Filled everything in and are unable to " save".  Both of us read thru and everything seems to be filled correctly. We tried online, that was no help..PacngGoNow is correct, Ocean Ready link does not work. The cruise is in July so we have time to straighten it out but if there are suggestions...

Please let us know. No wonder the drink package is so popular !!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jinpasco said:

Precruise shouldn't be this complicated. We are trying to update to our new passport numbers. Filled everything in and are unable to " save".  Both of us read thru and everything seems to be filled correctly. We tried online, that was no help..PacngGoNow is correct, Ocean Ready link does not work. The cruise is in July so we have time to straighten it out but if there are suggestions...

Please let us know. No wonder the drink package is so popular !!

Try to delete old passport info first.  Log out of App and then log back in.

Then manually add your new passport info into the App.

Worked for me.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

For me, it says "Order Medallion" but when I click the > in the app, it says they are already ordered (and when I ordered them, which was January of 2024), but tells me I can add accessories (I don't want any accessories). So I just click out again. It IS bad design because there should be no need to click further into the app to find out if your medallion was ordered

• Like 3

On 4/21/2024 at 3:11 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Try to delete old passport info first.  Log out of App and then log back in.

Then manually add your new passport info into the App.

Worked for me.

It worked. We didn't log out but deleted old number, went back a page, then went back to the screen and scanned the new passport with the correct numbers. One more step off the list. Thank you

1 hour ago, jinpasco said:

It worked. We didn't log out but deleted old number, went back a page, then went back to the screen and scanned the new passport with the correct numbers. One more step off the list. Thank you

NP.  Glad it worked for you!

We board tomorrow. Just thought I’d double check our dinner reservations on the app. I had 22 days booked at the same time each day. App now shows NO reservations! Should be fun. They were there a month ago. 
I did screenshot all of our reservations in the old app at least if there’s an issue.

3 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

We board tomorrow. Just thought I’d double check our dinner reservations on the app. I had 22 days booked at the same time each day. App now shows NO reservations! Should be fun. They were there a month ago. 
I did screenshot all of our reservations in the old app at least if there’s an issue.

Not uncommon for them to disappear about 48 hours prior and they may reappear today or tomorrow.  Sometimes they show up on the web version of the App.

I wouldn’t worry about it.  You can bring this up with the DRO or hostess at the MDR where you booked on the first evening.  Hopefully, they will show it in their system.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not uncommon for them to disappear about 48 hours prior and they may reappear today or tomorrow.  Sometimes they show up on the web version of the App.

I wouldn’t worry about it.  You can bring this up with the DRO or hostess at the MDR where you booked on the first evening.  Hopefully, they will show it in their system.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you! You’ve put my mind at ease. 😊 

Obviously lots of problems with the app.

Excuse me for not reading through 76 pages, but is anyone else told that ‘this isn’t your booking’

My date of birth is also incorrect, it has me a year older and I can’t see how to change it.

Could someone please give me the Princess web site and I will see if I can correct it that way.

The only way I can get through to my booking is by going via an email I had when we first booked, inviting us to book excursions.

10 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Excuse me for not reading through 76 pages, but is anyone else told that ‘this isn’t your booking’

My date of birth is also incorrect, it has me a year older and I can’t see how to change it.

Could someone please give me the Princess web site and I will see if I can correct it that way.

The only way I can get through to my booking is by going via an email I had when we first booked, inviting us to book excursions.

You cannot fix it.  You need to call Princess call center and get someone there to fix it.  If you booked with a Princess CVP, they can make it happen.  Otherwise, you may as well call in.  You could try to get someone in Captain's Circle, but I presume the issue is with your booking and not your permanent profile.  A res agent at Princess ought to be able to fix this in POLAR.  It will populate thru to the App in due course.

• Like 3

On 4/21/2024 at 9:52 AM, Cruise Starter said:

Yes.  I too am having this problem with the web page, but it is too early for us to make reservations, so I didn't know if this added to the problems or not.  I just wanted to try things out so that I could get the dining reservations as soon as we made the final payment.

1 hour ago, alwalaska said:

Yes.  I too am having this problem with the web page, but it is too early for us to make reservations, so I didn't know if this added to the problems or not.  I just wanted to try things out so that I could get the dining reservations as soon as we made the final payment.

I booked our 11 October 2025 cruise on 9 April 2024. I made our dining reservations (time) for DMW on the same day. Also I completed all 8 requirements for green line the same day. 

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

If you can open the app, you will see a chat option along the bottom.  I got an agent to fix my birthdate this way.  The “isn’t your booking” may be related to the wrong birthdate.  I think I encountered that as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, doghog said:

I booked our 11 October 2025 cruise on 9 April 2024. I made our dining reservations (time) for DMW on the same day. Also I completed all 8 requirements for green line the same day. 

You will have to make new dining reservations June 17.