New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Understand.  But, it’s not unusual.  Don’t try that CC to hold a hotel reservation, as they will check your card, before your arrival and if the card has expired, they will cancel.  Happens a lot.  

It's different if you haven't paid in advance. If you prepay the hotel I don't think they will cancel your reservation, return your money and tell you you can't stay there anymore. Princess would charge my credit card today if I made a Crown Grill reservation today. They is no risk to them if I don't show.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Understand.  But, it’s not unusual.  Don’t try that CC to hold a hotel reservation, as they will check your card, before your arrival and if the card has expired, they will cancel.  Happens a lot.  

This, I do not fault PCL or the App.

The examples in post #2022 were for things that are paid for when booked; not when they're actually going to be used.

You can book and pay for a hotel room with a CC that will be expired when you show up at the room.  So what?  It's already paid for.

2 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

The examples in post #2022 were for things that are paid for when booked; not when they're actually going to be used.

You can book and pay for a hotel room with a CC that will be expired when you show up at the room.  So what?  It's already paid for.

I don’t prepay, just hold the reservation and if I don’t cancel or noshow, they charge a 1 night charge.  But, I can’t tell you how many times, I’ve heard…sorry you’re res was cancelled, because your CC was expired.  Not me, but others around me, checking in, very upset.

I was trying to book one in the UK and another booking at an IHG in LA…both said CC expires before your stay.  I called the CC company and they gave me the info for my new one, as I mentioned, and did an early replacement.  NP.

JMO.

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I don’t prepay, just hold the reservation and if I don’t cancel or noshow, they charge a 1 night charge.  But, I can’t tell you how many times, I’ve heard…sorry you’re res was cancelled, because your CC was expired.  Not me, but others around me, checking in, very upset.

I was trying to book one in the UK and another booking at an IHG in LA…both said CC expires before your stay.  I called the CC company and they gave me the info for my new one, as I mentioned, and did an early replacement.  NP.

JMO.

I understand this perfectly. You aren't prepaying. The business needs to protect themselves. If you are promising to pay in the future so they want to know that you have the ability to pay in the future in the form of a valid credit card at expected time of payment.

This Princess situation is different. They would charge my credit card today and my credit card is valid today. If I want a concert ticket for a concert in August I could pay for it today with my credit card that expires in July. If I want to book a flight in August I could pay for it today with my credit card that expires in July. Same with a Princess cruise, Princess excursion, Princess Lotus Spa Reservation, Princess Beverage Package, Princess Plus/Premier package. For that matter I even did a Princess Upgrade bid for the same August cruise using the same credit card that expires in July (I'll update the bid when I get an updated card). Only specialty dining has this added requirement.

7 minutes ago, CDNCruiser55 said:

I understand this perfectly. You aren't prepaying. The business needs to protect themselves. If you are promising to pay in the future so they want to know that you have the ability to pay in the future in the form of a valid credit card at expected time of payment.

This Princess situation is different. They would charge my credit card today and my credit card is valid today. If I want a concert ticket for a concert in August I could pay for it today with my credit card that expires in July. If I want to book a flight in August I could pay for it today with my credit card that expires in July. Same with a Princess cruise, Princess excursion, Princess Lotus Spa Reservation, Princess Beverage Package, Princess Plus/Premier package. For that matter I even did a Princess Upgrade bid for the same August cruise using the same credit card that expires in July (I'll update the bid when I get an updated card). Only specialty dining has this added requirement.

You certainly can pass this on to PCL, don’t think they will change anything.  For some reason, their accounting is set up this way.

IDK

On 12/27/2023 at 6:05 PM, iamaqt2 said:

I am unable to see them all at once too. 

Just as I was getting on my current cruise, they rolled out an android "bug fix" update that forced a logout AND dropped ALL of my upcoming cruises. I got one back by entering the booking number (it gave me an error), and then ignoring the app until the next day. Did not work for the other ones, however. 

Pfffft.

3 hours ago, Catbert234 said:

Just as I was getting on my current cruise, they rolled out an android "bug fix" update that forced a logout AND dropped ALL of my upcoming cruises. I got one back by entering the booking number (it gave me an error), and then ignoring the app until the next day. Did not work for the other ones, however. 

Pfffft.

While you are OB a cruise, you will only see that current cruise.

Once you have completed that cruise, and off the ship, you will again see your cruises on the App. 

If you want to work on future cruises, OB, go on the website.

• Like 2

Princess has assigned me a new captain Circle number which does not recognize my previous cruises.  Anyone know how I can change or delete new one.  I tried calling and they show old cruises attached to old number. But I can’t get it on web site when I sign in.

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Anyone else lose ALL their journeys booked on the App?

Not on a cruise currently.

Yes, same thing this morning. Must have been an update last night. Deleted and reinstalled and same result. Will have to wait for an update to the update.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yesterday all my 2024 and 2025 cruises were there, 2026 cruises not showing.  And I was not able to book dining time for my August b2b cruises.

This morning all cruises were not showing.  So, I log off, then logged in again immediately.  Then all my 2024 and 2025 cruises are showing again, and I was able to book my dining for my b2b August 2024 cruises.

Then about 5 minutes later, I was log off automatically.  So, I logged in again, now none of my cruises were showing. 🤣

Just now, chubbypiggy said:

Yesterday all my 2024 and 2025 cruises were there, 2026 cruises not showing.  And I was not able to book dining time for my August b2b cruises.

This morning all cruises were not showing.  So, I log off, then logged in again immediately.  Then all my 2024 and 2025 cruises are showing again, and I was able to book my dining for my b2b August 2024 cruises.

Then about 5 minutes later, I was log off automatically.  So, I logged in again, now none of my cruises were showing. 🤣

I think they are reprogramming now.  I will wait till tmrw.

The way the are programming, I was told…remove them all and reload.  Seems they are working on it.  😩

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

I couldn’t sleep last night, and in the middle of the night I was able to change our dining times. After I read your post, I went into the app and it took a super long time to load. All three of my journeys were listed and I was actually able to look around at deck plans and other things for my next cruise coming up.

I went to switch journeys, and now everything is gone, but this appeared and I don’t remember seeing this before. Is that new or did I just never notice it?

IMG_9720.jpeg

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
Deck plans NOT Death plans 😳

I now cannot log into the app with my booking number or with my email and password. I've had nothing but issues with the app for about 2 months, but this takes the cake. I sail in 2 weeks and am starting to wonder if it will even work while onboard right now. 

Anyone else having the same issues? And anyone who's onboard now, is the app working for you?

I had to re-login in to the app today which was extremely slow but both my future cruises were there. However, it seemed to have lost everything I entered into the 'Travel Checklist'. So I went to accept the passage contract again however it said "is not eligible to accept the contract because the guest is under 18 years of age. As a dependent, they are covered by your agreement." I am certainly not under 18 and no one under 18 is on this booking.

Then I tried to switch to my second booked cruise and now it is not showing either of my booked cruises. Logged out and then logged back in and the cruises are still missing.

They have really messed up the app today.

How can such a company have such an inept IT department.

I have 8 cruises booked.  Opened app today and nothing. Check and see app update done automatically.   Open again and next trip on Sun showing.  Try to book dining but told not Elite and not fully paid so can'tdo it. We have over 50 cruises.

Reload.  Cruise shows but indicates nothing loaded.  Try to accept contract but it says under 18 and can't do it.

RELOAD.  Nothing.  Try to enter cruise with booking number.  Not found.

What a FU.  Or FUBAR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, louden said:

How can such a company have such an inept IT department.

Princess must use the same IT company as Celebrity and RC. 😂

Posted (edited)

I just called ocean ready about the app. App not letting me sign in. They said that corporate IT just informed them they were still in process of updating app and it would be up within the next 24 hours. They were told to tell guest to try back then. 
Princess IT at their finest once again. 

Edited by AZaTaz

4 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

I just called ocean ready about the app. App not letting me sign in. They said that corporate IT just informed them they were still in process of updating app and it would be up within the next 24 hours. They were told to tell guest to try back then. 
Princess IT at their finest once again. 

It would really be nice if they would send an email or post on the app when they would be doing updates.

• Like 1