From wonder to allure?

cusematt4

Hi all,

We weee on wonder in 2014 and are on the wonder now.  The wonder is by far our favorite ship with the best live music and entertainment.  It is also by far the most modern ship.

We are contemplating a short cruise on the Allure but are concerned it hasn’t been renovated and that it will be very outdated from when we last sailed on her in 2014 without any royal amplifications or renovations.

Has anyone been on the Allure of the Seas recently?  Is the entertainment different from 2014?  Is it still a god ship, especially for a short cruise?

Thank you very much.

Edited by cusematt4

?????????? 2014 ?????

Wonder's first cruise was in 2022.

In 2014, the only 2 Oasis class ships were Oasis and Allure.

I was on Allure in September. It's not the same entertainment as in 2014, but it's good. Chicago was replaced with Mama Mia. The ship is still a good ship.

• Like 1

I love that the Allure hasn’t gone through the amplifications so the large purple Abyss isn’t blocking the view of the ocean.  I also love that the Diamond (or Crown) Lounge is in Deck 11 and has that beautiful floor to ceiling view….

• Like 4

Just now, GTO-Girl said:

I love that the Allure hasn’t gone through the amplifications so the large purple Abyss isn’t blocking the view of the ocean.  I also love that the Diamond (or Crown) Lounge is in Deck 11 and has that beautiful floor to ceiling view….

I've heard there are plans to put playmakers there where the old diamond lounge is and move it down to 4. Dont hold your breath. I was just on harmony and people were talking.

10 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've heard there are plans to put playmakers there where the old diamond lounge is and move it down to 4. Dont hold your breath. I was just on harmony and people were talking.

Allure is getting her Amplification End of February through mid April 2025. I originally thought that Playmakers was going to go where Sabor is, like they did with Oasis, but looking back at the original Amplification press release, I think it might actually be Portside BBQ. I also was assuming that Wonderland would go where the Diamond lounge is today, but the PR doesn't list Wonderland, so maybe it is Playmakers.

Original Press-release:

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1403/new-amplified-adventures-on-royal-caribbeans-allure-of-the-seas-to-make-a-summer-splash-in-europe/

9 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

I also like that the ship still has the Champagne Lounge. You can have a conversation in there without having to speak loudly or straining to hear.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 8:16 PM, GTO-Girl said:

We feel the same. We cruised on Allure in 2015 and just returned from a 4-night sailing on Dec.15. The ship is in great condition, the cruise director is very energetic, comedians were outstanding. Mama Mia is fabulous. Our sailing was the last performance for the current cast and they surprised guests with a caroling performance in Central Park. (nice ) They still have the 70"s party in the promenade which is getting a bit old and the ice show Bladez is definitely not up to par with previous shows. 

• Like 1