Free Morning Coffee on Norwegian Encore?

Roses_Are_Red

On 12/30/2023 at 4:59 AM, BirdTravels said:

All room service orders have a delivery fee. Breakfast is $4.95. Nothing to rant about. Good business. 

IMG_5501.thumb.jpeg.003735354c18775b12496389db0b4905.jpeg

This must of started this past year. I had a coffee maker late Dec early January last year and do not recall the charge for the stuff above specialty. 

On 1/2/2024 at 6:15 PM, cruisinmeme said:

Ask as soon as you see cabin Stewart . I did re they run out of coffee makers. I remember my daughter and son in law would go get coffee (in paper cups) from the set up on deck 8 (on outside) it was real good coffee.

I don't think they do this anymore.  We didn't see any coffee carts on Deck 8 in the mornings, and there are no paper cups to be had. I tried to ask for a paper cup at the buffet and had to talk to 3 people before a manager agreed to get me one. He disappeared in the back and produced two paper cups - no lids. They make it as difficult as possible, but are incredibly polite at the same time.

20 minutes ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

I don't think they do this anymore.  We didn't see any coffee carts on Deck 8 in the mornings, and there are no paper cups to be had. I tried to ask for a paper cup at the buffet and had to talk to 3 people before a manager agreed to get me one. He disappeared in the back and produced two paper cups - no lids. They make it as difficult as possible, but are incredibly polite at the same time.

What ship were you on?    The Deck 8 coffee/pastry offering is set up by the bar on both portside and starboard.   We bring our own Yeti's to fill.   

57 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I think the Observation Lounge as better coffee than what you'll find in the Buffet or the pods the come with the coffee maker in the cabin (with the exception of the Haven which has Nespresso Machines, which are quite good).

Personally, I would throw the nespresso machines overboard.  I much prefer a keurig.

5 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

What ship were you on?    The Deck 8 coffee/pastry offering is set up by the bar on both portside and starboard.   We bring our own Yeti's to fill.   

Well there is hope it will be done in Breakaway. I do remember it was fairly early AM

34 minutes ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

They've done it on all 4 of my most recent sailings, including Joy this past July.

By around 6am you'll see coffee set up at both bars on the Waterfront.

Also, you'll see a similar set up at Spice, on the ships that have it anyway.

At Spice they'll have juice too.

36 minutes ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

we always bring a supply of those paper cups, sleeve, lid. Everyone will stop us and ask where we got the cup. My husband drinks coffee all day and no way can he walk around with a regular cup.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Personally, I would throw the nespresso machines overboard.  I much prefer a keurig.

We rarely disagree.  On this I must.  Keurig machines don’t last and they make bitter and weak coffee.  Nespresso Vertuo machines are robust and make delicious machine coffee!

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

We rarely disagree.  On this I must.  Keurig machines don’t last and they make bitter and weak coffee.  Nespresso Vertuo machines are robust and make delicious machine coffee!

So I like my coffee bitter and weak.  Keurig coffee tastes better to me.  

• Like 1

On 12/29/2023 at 5:34 PM, Roses_Are_Red said:

Hello All!

I will be going on my first ever cruise - Norwegian Encore cruise in the Caribbean in Jan 2024.  I was just wondering if someone might be able to tell me where I can get coffee in the morning?  I know that I can get coffee at the Garden Cafe buffet, but that's a long way from our room (Deck 14 AFT).  I also know that there is Starbucks on the ship.  But I am interested in quick, and free, coffee.  I read somewhere that one can get complimentary room service for coffee between 6-10:30am, but I cannot find any confirmation of this.

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thank you!

You can have it delivered to your stateroom in the morning.  There should be door hang tags for complimentary continental style breakfast items (coffee, tea, muffins) 

17 minutes ago, Cruise Bliss said:

You can have it delivered to your stateroom in the morning.  There should be door hang tags for complimentary continental style breakfast items (coffee, tea, muffins) 

It's not complimentary anymore. 

$4.95 plus 20% gratuity. 

57 minutes ago, Cruise Bliss said:

No free breakfast since the pandemic restart. You pay a delivery charge for any room service any time of the day. 

See Post #22 on this thread. 

Edited by BirdTravels

On 12/29/2023 at 6:44 PM, david_sobe said:

NCL charges for room service for coffee and continental breakfasts, correct?  I was just watching a rant about it on youtube.  Did they not remove coffee makers from inside and balcony cabins too?
Things have changed so much that I cant keep up.  You can get free coffee in restaurants and the buffet but having it delivered will be a charge, correct?

When I was on the Breakaway in the fall of 2022 we were able to get the coffee and muffins delivered to the stateroom without the room service fee.  This is separate from the room service menu.  This is with the door hang tag that you put out the night before.  We love sitting on the balcony as the sun is rising with our coffee.   

Edited by Cruise Bliss

3 minutes ago, Cruise Bliss said:

When I was in the Bliss in the fall of 2022 we were able to get the coffee and muffins delivered to the stateroom without the room service fee.  This is separate from the room service menu.  We love sitting on the balcony as the sun is rising with our coffee.   

As others have posted above, there is no free room delivery of any type (except in Haven or full-suites), since the restart.

Edited by ggTexasGal
add

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No free breakfast since the pandemic restart. You pay a delivery charge for any room service any time of the day. 

See Post #22 on this thread. 

8 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

As others have posted above, there is no free room delivery of any type (except in Haven or full-suites), since the restart.

The $4.95 delivery fee started in either December 2022 or January 2023 (I do not remember exactly) which was well past the restart.    We sailed in September 2022 in a non-Haven Suite on the Joy and did not have to pay for our morning coffee and croissant delivery.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 1:30 PM, cruisinmeme said:

Well there is hope it will be done in Breakaway. I do remember it was fairly early AM

I was on the Breakaway/Nov 2023 - coffee set up was available at the bars on the Waterfront.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smillerholmes said:

I was on the Breakaway/Nov 2023 - coffee set up was available at the bars on the Waterfront.  

I suppose it depends on where on the ship ones cabin is located. The Waterfront is aft on deck 8, and the regular lido coffee plus is located in the Horizon Court, aka Lido Deck on deck 15. On our next cruise, our cabin is midships deck 13. Nice to have options: $6 for cabin service, or hike down/up for self serve. No matter which option, we'll be having our coffee and croissants on the balcony! 😎

Doug

6 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Nice to have options: $6 for cabin service, or hike down/up for self serve. No matter which option, we'll be having our coffee and croissants on the balcony! 😎

Doug

Us too in almost two weeks!