Applying for shareholder onboard credit.

EM35

1 hour ago, elmsliebev said:

I've just done this for a Cunard cuise and I skipped the income, phone number bit. Waiting to see if it gets approved! 

Tried it on my phone and the Carnival page only shows the the top 3 or 4 cruise lines, depending on which way you access the perks, and the screen point blank refuses to scroll down at all. But anyway my brokers app will not let me do a screenshot, and has no facility to download a statement showing my isa details. So I shall have to continue asking them to e-mail Carnival requesting my shareholder OBC.

Be interesting to see how this pans out for different proxy holders. In the past I’ve had run ins with HBOS who refused to inform Carnival companies of my holding quoting GDPR (I didn’t believe it for a minute.) Last year I applied though they did automatically apply for a shareholder benefit (non-cruise) for me, so perhaps they have had a change of heart. As we have no cruises within the next 90 days I haven’t broached the subject with them. Last Sept. I sent a screenshot & that was accepted. 

It does annoy me when companies change something to the inconvenience of customers.

I applied for the shareholder OBC four days ago. I have just been advised by email that I should use this Stockperks app. 

I can not find my share certificate and I'm not sure I even had one as I assume it is held by Equiniti.

I have taken a picture of the latest share dividend  confirmation (2020). This shows my ref. no. and current address. We'll see what happens, I'm not expecting it to progress smoothly.

Think that is the same for me .Held by equinti only have a pdf from 2020 of last dividend payment .How are we going to prove we still own the shares with no dividend been payed no confirmation that we still hold the shares .I have always just emailed them over the last 15 years asking them to once again apply my OBC and they have just done that without even sending any proof just quoted account no, cruise no, ship name  and date of sailing and has worked 24 times except once when I had to complain 

On 1/5/2024 at 10:44 AM, EM35 said:

Thank you for the warning, I have definitely being directed to Stockperk as you can see from the screenshot of the email I was sent (I realise I have added an extra s in my original message). I agree about entering financial information - I was perplexed when they wanted to know my annual income. But as I can currently only upload a screenshot of my share proof, with everything important blacked out, I am hoping it is safe at this stage. Now I just have to wait and see what happens when it is approved.  

SP.jpeg

I have followed this thread with interest as I am due shortly to apply for my benefits for an upcoming cruise. From the response presumably auto that you received I assumed that "shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com" was no longer been monitored and the only way was via "Stockperks".

On Friday I contacted Stockperks and informed them that I have a physical paper certificate and did not do apps. their reply:-

"We'll have a desktop version ready in the next month, but in the meantime, can you please forward me the following information by email

- reservation details (full name, reservation number, date of sailing, ship name and email address associated with the booking)

- an image of proof of Carnival stock ownership (from within the last 3 months) - on the document I need to see your name, the brokerage name, a date and how many CCL shares you own.

With that I can get your claim submitted for processing.  Thanks so much!"

I was about to supply Stockperks with my details but decided before I did this to send my standard email to P&O and await their auto? redirection to Stockperks. My standard email that I have used for years states:-

Booking Names

Booking Ref

Ship

Embarkation Date

The certificate Number

Shareholder Reference

I have never been asked to send a scan of the certificate. I assume that Carnival UK has access to Carnival PLC's Shareholder data base in real time.

I received the normal auto response. "Thank you for contacting Carnival UK, Shareholder Benefits, please accept this response as confirmation your email has been received."

I will keep you updated?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

I have followed this thread with interest as I am due shortly to apply for my benefits for an upcoming cruise. From the response presumably auto that you received I assumed that "shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com" was no longer been monitored and the only way was via "Stockperks".

On Friday I contacted Stockperks and informed them that I have a physical paper certificate and did not do apps. their reply:-

"We'll have a desktop version ready in the next month, but in the meantime, can you please forward me the following information by email

- reservation details (full name, reservation number, date of sailing, ship name and email address associated with the booking)

- an image of proof of Carnival stock ownership (from within the last 3 months) - on the document I need to see your name, the brokerage name, a date and how many CCL shares you own.

With that I can get your claim submitted for processing.  Thanks so much!"

I was about to supply Stockperks with my details but decided before I did this to send my standard email to P&O and await their auto? redirection to Stockperks. My standard email that I have used for years states:-

Booking Names

Booking Ref

Ship

Embarkation Date

The certificate Number

Shareholder Reference

I have never been asked to send a scan of the certificate. I assume that Carnival UK has access to Carnival PLC's Shareholder data base in real time.

I received the normal auto response. "Thank you for contacting Carnival UK, Shareholder Benefits, please accept this response as confirmation your email has been received."

I will keep you updated?

I have received email today directing me to stockperks!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Goosebear Mum said:

Following with interest, as we’ll need to do this soon.  I am VERY reluctant (and husband will be more so) to upload info to some random app.  We’ll too use the email and see what happens… 

I have now had my share certificate accepted by stockperks app, it has taken 3 days. The whole thing is pretty straightforward, I actually tried it for my Dec cruise and got the attached message which is the same reply I sometimes get when applying by email. I will have another go nearer the time.

Screenshot 2024-01-08 17.56.37.png

35 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have now had my share certificate accepted by stockperks app, it has taken 3 days. The whole thing is pretty straightforward, I actually tried it for my Dec cruise and got the attached message which is the same reply I sometimes get when applying by email. I will have another go nearer the time.

Screenshot 2024-01-08 17.56.37.png

We had the same reply from Stockperks for our holiday next November. Basically too early to request OBC come back nearer the time.

I guess they want to be sure you still hold the stocks closer to the sailing date.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sheila127 said:

I have received email today directing me to stockperks!

Having read on earlier posts about being referred to stockperks I downloaded the app on Saturday.  I have now received confirmation from stockperks that my share ownership has been verified and they have now contacted P and O for my OBC to be applied. I should receive confirmation within 5 days.

• Like 2

High Sheila 127 .I downloaded the app in readyness for claiming for obc in a month or so time when I have paid the balance .I sent a picture of share certificate as that is the only proof I have from equinti as I have no other letters due to no recent dividend payment .Is that what you did ?

I have just had a reply from Stockperks and as I suspected it has not gone well. 

Don't know what to do next, go back to them, contact P&O shareholder benefit or see if I can get something from Equiniti. I have not had any documentation in the last three months.

I now only have 8 weeks to get this sorted. Never had problems getting OBC before

Unfortunately, per the validation rules we have from our clients, we had to reject your submission because it was too old.

Can you follow the same upload process in the app but with legible recent images of your documentation (from the last 3 months)? These images should show: 

• your name (that matches the Stockperks user name)
  • the brokerage’s name
  • date of the documentation
  • the number of shares you own in companies offering perks via Stockperks 
On 1/5/2024 at 5:40 PM, Malcolm142 said:

It does annoy me when companies change something to the inconvenience of customers.

I applied for the shareholder OBC four days ago. I have just been advised by email that I should use this Stockperks app. 

I can not find my share certificate and I'm not sure I even had one as I assume it is held by Equiniti.

I have taken a picture of the latest share dividend  confirmation (2020). This shows my ref. no. and current address. We'll see what happens, I'm not expecting it to progress smoothly.

3 minutes ago, Bin man said:

High Sheila 127 .I downloaded the app in readyness for claiming for obc in a month or so time when I have paid the balance .I sent a picture of share certificate as that is the only proof I have from equinti as I have no other letters due to no recent dividend payment .Is that what you did ?

Hi! I don't have a share certificate so I went into my account with Hargreaves Lansdown, downloaded a PDF copy of my account and redacted (think that's the word) other share information, then uploaded the copy to Stockperks and it has been accepted!  Hopefully copy of your share certificate will suffice!

5 minutes ago, Malcolm142 said:

I have just had a reply from Stockperks and as I suspected it has not gone well. 

Don't know what to do next, go back to them, contact P&O shareholder benefit or see if I can get something from Equiniti. I have not had any documentation in the last three months.

I now only have 8 weeks to get this sorted. Never had problems getting OBC before

Unfortunately, per the validation rules we have from our clients, we had to reject your submission because it was too old.

Can you follow the same upload process in the app but with legible recent images of your documentation (from the last 3 months)? These images should show: 

• the brokerage’s name

Marholm, can you access your share account on line with Equiniti? If not I would contact P and O and hopefully they will push it through!

6 minutes ago, Malcolm142 said:

• the brokerage’s name

I opened a shareview account with Equiniti here https://www.shareview.co.uk/4/Info/Portfolio/Default/en/Home/Pages/Home.aspx

where there are details of your account which may suffice. You could ring Equiniti; 

Helpline Number: 0371 384 2233 | If calling from abroad: +44(0) 121 415 7065 (Textel/Minicom 0371 384 2255) | Opening hours: Lines open 8.30am to 5.30pm (UK time), Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays in England and Wales).

Downloaded Stocksperk app the other day filled on details saying I hold Shareholder Certificate. Uploaded a copy of my share certificate and applied. Have now received confirmation that my application has been successful. Very simple process.

I have just spoken to Equiniti and a very helpful lady tried to  steer me to access my shares but unfortunately it can not be done on line.

She is now sending by post confirmation  of my share holding so hopefully that will do the trick 

with Shareperks.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Malcolm142 said:

I have just spoken to Equiniti and a very helpful lady tried to  steer me to access my shares but unfortunately it can not be done on line.

She is now sending by post confirmation  of my share holding so hopefully that will do the trick 

with Shareperks.

I assume that you have your shareholders reference number as that should be on you old dividend voucher? If that is the case that number should let you create an account on the Equiniti shareview site where any details of your investments should be shown.

I had done the same I can see the 100 shares OK but nothing really to print off as there hasn't been any divi payed out .A screen shot doesn't give your name on it ,so pre- emptied future problems by telephoning and asking the same for a letter with the 100 share holding so I have something dated within last 3 months ,but what happens after the 3 months when you need to apply again another call to equinti ? Don't think this is the last we hear on this subject. Do this shareperks confirm obc applied? Or do P and O do that ? Then we shall hear of people returning off cruises having not received their share obc .Bring back old system why change when it's not broke to save few bob

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bin man said:

I had done the same I can see the 100 shares OK but nothing really to print off as there hasn't been any divi payed out .A screen shot doesn't give your name on it ,so pre- emptied future problems by telephoning and asking the same for a letter with the 100 share holding so I have something dated within last 3 months ,but what happens after the 3 months when you need to apply again another call to equinti ? Don't think this is the last we hear on this subject. Do this shareperks confirm obc applied? Or do P and O do that ? Then we shall hear of people returning off cruises having not received their share obc .Bring back old system why change when it's not broke to save few bob

Stockperks, once ownership is verified, contact P and O and request OBC.  Stockperks will respond within 5 days to confirm OBC applied.  You can also see on the Stockperks app the progress!

Thankyou for information will get there eventually. At the moment I am waiting to see if they have approved my share certificate a few weeks away from payment for May cruise so no panic yet.Will keep everyone upto date on how it's going